Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just kidding I know the answer and it's the Heisei Gamera Trilogy and I'm tricking you all into clicking this thread to appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

godzilla 1998 :troll:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

if we're lookin at epic its got to be somethin from heisei, maybe godzilla vs. biollante or destoroyah

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I remember getting stuck on a week long scout camp and one of the guys brought a small stereo and this CD. peak 90's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC4BC-Hxq9g

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Fungah! posted:

if we're lookin at epic its got to be somethin from heisei, maybe godzilla vs. biollante or destoroyah

Yes it's the Heisei Gamera movies I just said this

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

My partner and I just watched Advent of Legion last night, trilogy still owns

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah! posted:

godzilla 1998 :troll:

I liked that iguana fucker getting obliterated in less than a single minute on Final Wars. Also Final Wars is my pick OP, I just love pogging and pointing at the screen when all the Kaijus appeared and the reveal of Monster X being a Ghidorah on roids

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

final wars turned the gotengo into the space battleship yamato with roided out freddie mercury at the helm and deserves an honorable mention for that alone imo

But there's only one final wars and three gameras

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pacific rim is a kaiju movie and belongs in the good rankings for spawning this speech if nothing else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfhNDtSqPRA&t=9s

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Gorgo is my favorite one that isn't part of the big franchises, kind of slow to get going but once the monster makes it to London it has one of my favorite city-destroying segments in the genre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_nQyFep-w

I also really love the premise, where fishermen capture a big 50-foot-tall monster and put it on display in London, only for everyone to find out that it's just a baby and its much bigger mother is coming to get it back. The human storyline is about the fishermen trying to reunite the baby with its mother so that they'll just leave.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mr. Nice! posted:

pacific rim is a kaiju movie and belongs in the good rankings for spawning this speech if nothing else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfhNDtSqPRA&t=9s
pacific rim belongs in the good rankings because it's a good movie

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

movie theater near me's showin biollante, destoroyah, giant monsters attack, and final wars in their garden at the end of july

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1678831573620207616

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Brief teaser dropped too, including a few quick shots of our boy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlceGpbGgvE

Look at him. I love him.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I wanna pet it

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

longer trailer dropped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7DqccP1Q_4

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tickets for minus one minus color acquired :lfgoo: :lfgoo: :lfgoo:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

tickets for minus one minus color acquired :lfgoo: :lfgoo: :lfgoo:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

minus one minus color: extremely sick. i liked th color version better but this ones cool and still looks really good. couple scenes hit way better too, shikishima starin up at the mushroom cloud godzilla made in b&w gave me chills

unfortunately i didnt realize ths was a 4dx show and man that was a mess lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

just got out of godzilla minus one minus color, the third time ive seen G -1.0 in theaters, it kicks rear end. the opening scene acctually looks great in B&W, and at the end when Godzilla's face is all burned up from its own atomic breath looked better too. the audience gave the movie a round of applause at the end, never seen that happen in a mainstream theater before lol, very heartwarming

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

just got out of godzilla minus one minus color, the third time ive seen G -1.0 in theaters, it kicks rear end. the opening scene acctually looks great in B&W, and at the end when Godzilla's face is all burned up from its own atomic breath looked better too. the audience gave the movie a round of applause at the end, never seen that happen in a mainstream theater before lol, very heartwarming

was his lazer blue

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

unfortunately i didnt realize ths was a 4dx show and man that was a mess lol

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

can’t believe that poo poo is real lol

Kane trashes his room [chair rattles]
Jack Torrance axes through the door [wood scent sprayed into face]
Henry Fonda convinces the jury [strobe lights]

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

we're following the exact same gimmick sequence from the 50s.

The film tells the story of a scientist who discovers a parasite in human beings, called a "tingler", which feeds on fear. The creature earned its name by making the spine of its host "tingle" when the host is frightened. In line with other Castle horror films, including Macabre (1958) and House on Haunted Hill (1959), Castle used gimmicks to sell the film. The Tingler remains most well known for a gimmick called "Percepto!", a vibrating device, in some of the theater chairs, which the onscreen action activated.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

we're following the exact same gimmick sequence from the 50s.

The film tells the story of a scientist who discovers a parasite in human beings, called a "tingler", which feeds on fear. The creature earned its name by making the spine of its host "tingle" when the host is frightened. In line with other Castle horror films, including Macabre (1958) and House on Haunted Hill (1959), Castle used gimmicks to sell the film. The Tingler remains most well known for a gimmick called "Percepto!", a vibrating device, in some of the theater chairs, which the onscreen action activated.

lol a movie theater near me did house on haunted hill with th gimmicks last year and they set up a display from a collector near here that included the prop from th tingler. so fuckin sick

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

There's a John Goodman movie, Matinee, where he's trying to rig up a theater to do stuff like that for his movie. I don't remember much else about it other than it's set during the Cuban Missile Crisis and there's a fake atomic explosion during the movie made out to look like a real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

lol a movie theater near me did house on haunted hill with th gimmicks last year and they set up a display from a collector near here that included the prop from th tingler. so fuckin sick

thats sick