Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So if you're about to sit down on the couch with a controller in-hand, what food or snacks do you like to have, in order to give yourself the energy you need to tackle a night of gaming?

Personally, I can't go past a good pizza and a can of coke, if I'm home alone gaming at tea time. If I'm feeling like being healthy though, I might have something like this bowl, which is pretty good!
On the snack front though, I'm actually not much of a snacker tbh. But maltesers are good, as are chips (whether they're corn chips, or chicken/cheese-and-onion flavoured potato chips) on those rare occasions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don’t like eating anymore OP. But back in the olden days I was a calzone main.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I also barely game and eat at the same time anymore but you can't beat a box of cheezits sometimes.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
considering a feedbag situation for totk. similar for the wife since i do the cooking. she can work around it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve never been one to game and eat. I’ll make a cup of tea and if it goes cold I’m playing a banger.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

protein shake and a scoop of creatine

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Wasabi peas

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I don’t like eating anymore OP. But back in the olden days I was a calzone main.

Unfortunately, I'm ashamed to admit that I've never actually had a calzone! I've always meant to have one, but just haven't gotten around to it...

Evil Eagle posted:

I also barely game and eat at the same time anymore but you can't beat a box of cheezits sometimes.

Yeah, that's fair. I don't eat much while gaming either, unless it's something relaxed like X4, where I just need to set things in motion and can then be hands-free for a little bit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

Unfortunately, I'm ashamed to admit that I've never actually had a calzone! I've always meant to have one, but just haven't gotten around to it...

Yeah, that's fair. I don't eat much while gaming either, unless it's something relaxed like X4, where I just need to set things in motion and can then be hands-free for a little bit.

Eat one right away.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I’ve never been one to game and eat. I’ll make a cup of tea and if it goes cold I’m playing a banger.

yeah same here. hot drink and maybe biscuit or chocolate bar with it. don't really eat much while gaming since I'll inevitably get up to wash my hands before i touch the controller again

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

yeah same here. hot drink and maybe biscuit or chocolate bar with it. don't really eat much while gaming since I'll inevitably get up to wash my hands before i touch the controller again

Oh man, yeah that's definitely limiting... Unless it's something I can play with one hand (and even then..) I always try and have a wrapper or something between myself and the food, otherwise I just have to go and wash my hands right away. Same with during board games, really.

Wormskull posted:

Eat one right away.

Well, it's a bit late here, but I'll keep it in mind! I'll have to get one soon - do they do them in large sizes, such as for two people? Surely!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probably something gross and messed up. Like worms, or concrete.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
when i was wubby and didnt care almonds were my go to but now im back to no snacking to keep my sexy figure in check as i game for 6 hrs a day

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

almonds, tortilla chips, or Takis

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

blue diamond soy wasabi almonmds

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah! posted:

blue diamond soy wasabi almonmds

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

shepherds pie for rainy day rpg gaming. i want to feel like im in a tavern

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

cant go wrong with a sliced honeycrisp apple and some oily peanut butter

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I have a pavlovian association between pizza and games but I take a break to eat.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Tito's and lemonade.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

ice cream with extra % of shrimp 🍤

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Roth posted:

I have a pavlovian association between pizza and games but I take a break to eat.

yeah i always end up just finishing eating looking at the pause menu every time i try. i don't like picking up and putting down the controller a bunch

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Anytime I eat a sour strawberry belt I think about SotN, and every time I play SotN I think about sour strawberry belts.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i'm a bowl of cereal kind of guy so if i get the munchies its usually a bowl of cheerios or i'll sneak a bowl of whatever cereal my kid is into (capn crunch is :discourse: )

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Have gotten into habit of doordashing a really good local smashed style burger + garlic fries + IPAs during weekly gaming marathons with the homies. Kind of impractical but that specific combo seems to boost my kdr so yeah, I’ll be gettin that fa sho

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pistachios

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

600lb Gamer Voice: I abstain from Sustenance whilst gaming. Just water for me.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Skeletal Goon on tha Flipside: Orange juice. A few puddings. And a microwaved burrito.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Skeletal Goon on tha Flipside: Orange juice. A few puddings. And a microwaved burrito.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I drank a Faygo. Like my father before me.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
i have been making sourdough crackers that are good for game snacks

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

John Romero is about to make you his snacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nostradingus posted:

John Romero is about to make you his snacks.