Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

CherryCola posted:

Okay so TMNT Shredder’s Revenge for Switch is awesome if you are playing with them. My partner and I did most of the fighting and the four year old played splinter and just kinda walked around and jumped occasionally or picked up pizzas. (He got the zen award for doing nothing lol) In arcade mode, you can turn on infinite lives so it’s pretty low stakes.

Was actually going to suggest this one with a similar story. Although your kid apparently doesn't fling their dude down pits repeatedly because they say a funny line when you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Shredder's revenge is such a good pick for playing with your kids. Hell, your parents too. I had a fun time watching my kid drag them over to the arcade machine for some 4 player turtles last time we had my folks over.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Whoever decided on the co op stuff for tropical freeze is a monster. And my son really loves playing Donkey kong.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

~Coxy posted:

This is a bit of a silly recommendation, but when my kids were really little I gave them a fightstick to use. It works in most games that aren't FPS, plus you can fist the control stick and easily mash any of the buttons.

Gamecube controllers are the smallest form factor that I know of and are easy to get USB versions of, but not BT.

I can second this. The first game my son really got into was Shredder's revenge on my mame cabinet.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Parkitect is pretty sweet and has multi-player in they have their own pc

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

My near 5 year old just found out about Jurassic World Evolution 2, and while he had zero interest in the management/park running side, he's having a blast just tossing a bunch of dinosaurs down and watching them go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Titan Quest got a console port with split screen. The reviews I've seen for that port are... split to say the least, but the game itself is solid.