Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
first, take a deep breath

crusties, or crust punks are a misunderstood subset of the lumpen. often accused by computer touchers and boomer dads of being trust fund rich kids cosplaying as poor, in my experience crusties come from all walks of life and are more often kids who were booted from home for being queer than rich kids. crusties are distinguished by their mottled skin and pungent but pleasant smell. they tend to live in burrows of 10 or more. most are anarchists, the type of which depends on the the color of the stripe on their black flag. more about this in a later post

common crusty political activities include

- sewing anti capitalist messages on their dirty frame packs.
- spanging in rich areas of town to make those boogie fucks uncomfortable
- getting drunk and going out tagging incomprehensible slogans on local businesses
- crimes

so you can see theres tremendous but misguided revolutionary energy there. we should discuss strategy

this thread is for crusties, friends of crusties, juggalos, and the crusty-curious. if you want to mock crusties id reccommend the anarchist thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:kstare:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Are crustys nice?

What do crustys eat?

How strong are they?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

cant believe op forgot "having a mangy dog" on that list

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

is dumpster diving praxis

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
i left home at 18 and eventually became a computer toucher. glad to see the path untaken involved less bathing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Are crustys nice?

What do crustys eat?

How strong are they?

1. same as anybody else

2. beer, rollies, trash

3. strong in heart, strong in immune system

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Al! posted:

1. same as anybody else

2. beer, rollies, trash

3. strong in heart, strong in immune system

i eat all those things except rollies which i dont know what they are

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

i eat all those things except rollies which i dont know what they are

not trash as in like whatever greasy goon food you eat but like trash from a trash can

for example this one time i found a mostly uneaten 7-11 hot dog just sitting perfectly on top of a pile of garbage, it was a great find as i hadnt had meat in a couple of days

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh rollies are hand rolled cigarettes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!
squatting in a closed eyeglasses franchise ftw

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
While it may seem like a quant and archaic holdover from the early 1900's the Catholic Worker movement has proven it's political relevance by easing the return to society of Crusties who have aged out of their natural ecosystem..

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

not trash as in like whatever greasy goon food you eat but like trash from a trash can

for example this one time i found a mostly uneaten 7-11 hot dog just sitting perfectly on top of a pile of garbage, it was a great find as i hadnt had meat in a couple of days
developing a resistance to bleach like iocane powder

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

turn off your monitor, op

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

dumpster diving is praxis (no argument) and a weird phonomenon ive noticed is the more politically serious the crusty, the better quality food they tend to bring back to the squat

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

sounds interesting, but how does it stack up against steampunk

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 99 days!

Jabberlock posted:

sounds interesting, but how does it stack up against steampunk

its real

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

dumpster diving is praxis (no argument) and a weird phonomenon ive noticed is the more politically serious the crusty, the better quality food they tend to bring back to the squat

gotta have goals

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

a mod, op, much to my shame

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Crusty Nutsack posted:

a mod, op, much to my shame

you can pet my mangy dog but be careful ive trained her to sniff out hierarchy

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Crust punks would set up camp in the woods around my college campus, so scoring a 24 pack of PBR and loving off into the woods to find a random encampment (burrow?) of crusties was always a valid weekend activity choice if you wanted to drink bad beer and sing along to Johny Hobo songs.

I'm not sure if that's praxis per se, but crusties are a-okay in my book.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
would it kill them to incorporate a little bit of color in their wardrobes though

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

im from juggalo country so im much more familiar with them. the only crusts i ever knew here were the bad kind of scumbag; rich kids, irritating, straight edge, but the juggalos are the nicest people in the world.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
:krust:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

im from juggalo country so im much more familiar with them. the only crusts i ever knew here were the bad kind of scumbag; rich kids, irritating, straight edge, but the juggalos are the nicest people in the world.

yeah rich kid poverty tourist is definitely a type. there was this kid who went to my high school that lived in a mansion, but slept in a public bathroom

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

There's a crust punk around here who likes to hang out in front of the liquor store and jam with anybody who wants to show up on his upright bass.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Im a 300k computer toucher that wfhs for google a grand total of 2 hrs a week in my pjs and I cosplay as a crusty

Im performative broke, ama

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

coming into this thread with a water hose, a bucket of soap and water, and a chore wheel

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

I’m a 300k computer toucher that wfhs for google a grand total of 2 hrs a week in my pjs and I cosplay as a crusty

I’m performative broke, ama

can you spare some change dude

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

can you spare some change dude

no sorry fam Im too poor, have you seen how much a apartment tent costs these days??

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

i thought they were called gutterpunks

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

would it kill them to incorporate a little bit of color in their wardrobes though

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Walked by some crust punks and gave them a middle finger while telling them to die and get the gently caress out of my neighborhood so they would know I was also punk. They got mad so I tried to explain that I listened to The Aquabats in junior highschool but they kept punching me in the face and body

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

ave rats

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

actually I havent seen any ave rats since covid hit RIP I guess

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Walked by some crust punks and gave them a middle finger while telling them to die and get the gently caress out of my neighborhood so they would know I was also punk. They got mad so I tried to explain that I listened to The Aquabats in junior highschool but they kept punching me in the face and body

I don't usually use forums or Reddit, I usually just post comments on Ancap blogs like Molyneux or Cantwell's blog, but they didn't seem appropriate places to post my story. So here goes, I just wanted to share this with all of you.

Nov 3 I flew to Europe for a Eurotrip type tour. Not a guide or packaged deal, just going around by myself. I paid for half of the trip with the wages I earned over the last two years, my dad paid for the other half. I am 19, I guess that is normal starting college and all. (Before that I worked for my dad's company part time, so I guess you could say he paid for all of it, lol).

I did France and then Italy and then Greece next. I am an Ancap so I wanted to see anarchists in these places. Yes, I know they are different kinds of "anarchists" and not really full anarchists like us. I went to an anarchist book store in Italy and it had a lot of English books, but no Rothbard or Ancap. Like I said, I expected that, not a surprise.

I went to Greece, which everyone knows is famous for its revolutionary anarchism, its economic crisis and everything going on right now. Here I found directions for a local anarchist center. I went and didn't see anybody, but it was covered in graffiti, mostly in Greek so I couldn't read it. Whatever, I started taking pictures. Then some people came out and confronted me.

This should have been my first warning sign something was not right, because photography is not a crime. They were not violent, but they were not friendly, like asking who I was, what I wanted. They all spoke good English actually. Not uncommon in Greece. I said I was a tourist and an anarchist and I just wanted to take pictures. Then they got friendly and told me I should have asked first (but pictures are no NAP violation so I don't know why, but I didn't say anything) and they invited me inside.

We hung out for a while and smoked hash (there is no good dank in Europe as you might find out like in Cali, everyone smokes hash with tobacco which isn't as cool as it sounds). We started talking about politics and anarchism. I was trying to talk about the state, they were like yeah no doubt the state was bad. But they wanted to talk about capitalism, capitalism this and that. This is when we started to get into a debate.

I told them that what they called capitalism is different from the free market. They said capitalism is free markets. And I said I agreed. That is what I am saying. Real capitalism is free markets. And they said yes, that is what we are trying to get rid of. And I said no, but we don't even have that right now. We need more free markets. And everyone at the same time was like "nooo" we are anarchists, we are against capitalism. Anarchists oppose capitalism.

And I said but not anarcho-capitalists. Anarcho-capitalists are the anarchists who support capitalism. I had a fanny pack (yeah, lame I know) for my camera and in that I had this yellow and black bowtie (also super lame, it was a joke but I wasnt wearing it). And I said look, these are the Ancap colors, yellow and black, like versus the communist red and black. Well, these guys had a lot of red and black in the building already so I thought they would get it.

I think that is when it started to get a really bad vibe, really tense in the air. The free market thing was funny, we disagreed but I think they thought I was just confused. Everyone was uncomfortable now. Then someone said markets wont work with democracy. And I said exactly, that's it, democracy is against anarchism. And they kind of agreed, and said yes, we don't have real democracy, just governments, and we needed more democracy. I said no, we need less democracy, democracy is the enemy. And we need to end democracy to have anarchy. Then they were all like "noooo" again. You know that thing people do in groups when everyone all says "nooo" or expresses some disapproval at the same time.

And one of them said "but we do want to stop democracy" and then they kind of spoke back and forth in Greek. I didn't really understand it. And they asked me what I meant.

So I said okay, I had the floor, I was going to tell them about ancapism. And I tried to explain to them some Rothbard and Hoppe. I said the natural order in anarchy is that the best rise to the top, the market picks who is the best. They compete and are peaceful. They said what do we want instead of anarchy. I said we want private owners to own their own land and businesses, and to employ people. They said that is what we have now. I said no, it would be even better. One of the guys said it was like feudalism. And I said it is not feudalism.

Eventually one of the guys spoke up and I thought he was Greek, but he spoke English perfectly so he may have not been. He said he knew what anarcho-capitalism was and that we were basically fascists. He asked me if I thought everything should be private. And I said yes. And he asked me if I thought people were unequal. And I told him yes. And that not everyone would have equal rights. I said everyone has the right to own property and not be done aggression against. But that not everyone had to be treated equally by the owners. He said what about immigrants and racism. And I said that would not happen in a free market, but yes property owners could be racist if they wanted to. They had to respect property.

Then he called me a fascist again, and someone else said I was a fascist. And then they basically all started shouting fascist at me, and one of them grabbed me by the wrists. They pulled me out the door, it was up three floors, and basically drug me down the stairs on my back. It hurt really bad and I remember yelling "you're breaking the NAP" and things like that. "Stop initiating force against me." Then they kicked me around on the ground in the hallway, before they took my camera and threw me outside. I was crying and stuff, I just sat there. I was in shock because it was so sudden. Looking back there were warning signs though.

I think they felt bad for me and gave the camera back, but when I looked later they stole the memory card with all of my Greek photos.

So they initiated force and theft. They broke the NAP. I knew the left anarchists were not real anarchists, but I never knew they would do something that bad.

I wasnt seriously hurt, just kicked around a little, lots of bruises and little cuts. I am fine guys so don't worry. Just needed to share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

i say swears online posted:

I don't usually use forums or Something Awful, I usually just post comments on Ancap blogs like Molyneux or Cantwell's blog, but they didn't seem appropriate places to post my story. So here goes, I just wanted to share this with all of you.

Nov 3 I flew to Europe for a Eurotrip type tour. Not a guide or packaged deal, just going around by myself. I paid for half of the trip with the wages I earned over the last two years, my dad paid for the other half. I am 19, I guess that is normal starting college and all. (Before that I worked for my dad's company part time, so I guess you could say he paid for all of it, lol).

I did France and then Italy and then Greece next. I am an Ancap so I wanted to see anarchists in these places. Yes, I know they are different kinds of "anarchists" and not really full anarchists like us. I went to an anarchist book store in Italy and it had a lot of English books, but no Rothbard or Ancap. Like I said, I expected that, not a surprise.

I went to Greece, which everyone knows is famous for its revolutionary anarchism, its economic crisis and everything going on right now. Here I found directions for a local anarchist center. I went and didn't see anybody, but it was covered in graffiti, mostly in Greek so I couldn't read it. Whatever, I started taking pictures. Then some people came out and confronted me.

This should have been my first warning sign something was not right, because photography is not a crime. They were not violent, but they were not friendly, like asking who I was, what I wanted. They all spoke good English actually. Not uncommon in Greece. I said I was a tourist and an anarchist and I just wanted to take pictures. Then they got friendly and told me I should have asked first (but pictures are no NAP violation so I don't know why, but I didn't say anything) and they invited me inside.

We hung out for a while and smoked hash (there is no good dank in Europe as you might find out like in Cali, everyone smokes hash with tobacco which isn't as cool as it sounds). We started talking about politics and anarchism. I was trying to talk about the state, they were like yeah no doubt the state was bad. But they wanted to talk about capitalism, capitalism this and that. This is when we started to get into a debate.

I told them that what they called capitalism is different from the free market. They said capitalism is free markets. And I said I agreed. That is what I am saying. Real capitalism is free markets. And they said yes, that is what we are trying to get rid of. And I said no, but we don't even have that right now. We need more free markets. And everyone at the same time was like "nooo" we are anarchists, we are against capitalism. Anarchists oppose capitalism.

And I said but not anarcho-capitalists. Anarcho-capitalists are the anarchists who support capitalism. I had a fanny pack (yeah, lame I know) for my camera and in that I had this yellow and black bowtie (also super lame, it was a joke but I wasnt wearing it). And I said look, these are the Ancap colors, yellow and black, like versus the communist red and black. Well, these guys had a lot of red and black in the building already so I thought they would get it.

I think that is when it started to get a really bad vibe, really tense in the air. The free market thing was funny, we disagreed but I think they thought I was just confused. Everyone was uncomfortable now. Then someone said markets wont work with democracy. And I said exactly, that's it, democracy is against anarchism. And they kind of agreed, and said yes, we don't have real democracy, just governments, and we needed more democracy. I said no, we need less democracy, democracy is the enemy. And we need to end democracy to have anarchy. Then they were all like "noooo" again. You know that thing people do in groups when everyone all says "nooo" or expresses some disapproval at the same time.

And one of them said "but we do want to stop democracy" and then they kind of spoke back and forth in Greek. I didn't really understand it. And they asked me what I meant.

So I said okay, I had the floor, I was going to tell them about ancapism. And I tried to explain to them some Rothbard and Hoppe. I said the natural order in anarchy is that the best rise to the top, the market picks who is the best. They compete and are peaceful. They said what do we want instead of anarchy. I said we want private owners to own their own land and businesses, and to employ people. They said that is what we have now. I said no, it would be even better. One of the guys said it was like feudalism. And I said it is not feudalism.

Eventually one of the guys spoke up and I thought he was Greek, but he spoke English perfectly so he may have not been. He said he knew what anarcho-capitalism was and that we were basically fascists. He asked me if I thought everything should be private. And I said yes. And he asked me if I thought people were unequal. And I told him yes. And that not everyone would have equal rights. I said everyone has the right to own property and not be done aggression against. But that not everyone had to be treated equally by the owners. He said what about immigrants and racism. And I said that would not happen in a free market, but yes property owners could be racist if they wanted to. They had to respect property.

Then he called me a fascist again, and someone else said I was a fascist. And then they basically all started shouting fascist at me, and one of them grabbed me by the wrists. They pulled me out the door, it was up three floors, and basically drug me down the stairs on my back. It hurt really bad and I remember yelling "you're breaking the NAP" and things like that. "Stop initiating force against me." Then they kicked me around on the ground in the hallway, before they took my camera and threw me outside. I was crying and stuff, I just sat there. I was in shock because it was so sudden. Looking back there were warning signs though.

I think they felt bad for me and gave the camera back, but when I looked later they stole the memory card with all of my Greek photos.

So they initiated force and theft. They broke the NAP. I knew the left anarchists were not real anarchists, but I never knew they would do something that bad.

I wasnt seriously hurt, just kicked around a little, lots of bruises and little cuts. I am fine guys so don't worry. Just needed to share.

lol I forgot about this post