Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

A former server at Olive Garden has revealed how you can get free food at the Italian restaurant.

'I was server at Olive Garden for a year,' he said before revealing his top tips.

His first hack only applied to those dining in.

'If you want the dipping sauce for your breadsticks but you don't want to pay and order it, just ask your server for a ramekin of Alfredo,' Hunter said.

He noted that if you have a 'hard a**' severer they may refuse, however, '99 per cent' of waiters will happily give you one free of charge.

The next trick involved the beloved mints you get at the end of your meal, which Hunter called the 'best part of eating at Olive Garden.'

He explained that while you the rule is one per person, if you just ask your server for more they will oblige.

'You know those amazing mints you get at the end, literally the best part of eating at Olive Garden.

'The rule of thumb is one per person, but if you ask for extra, again 99 per cent of your servers, were just there to make money for us, we don't care if the company makes money.

'I've given people 10-20 if they ask for it, just be direct.'

Lastly, the ex-employee detailed how to get both soup and salad, despite the Italian diner only offering one per meal.

'Go with at least one other person, you get a salad bowl with your soup, and just take some of their salad,' he explained.

In a follow-up video, Hunter revealed even more hacks for eating at the Italian restaurant.

He said the first trick was called the 'kids meal hack.'

'What you are going to do, off the kids menu, order any pasta off of it. Then, for the side of it, there is also a pasta option.

'Sub that out for whatever type of pasta you want to match, like the Fettuccini Alfredo, and then you can add chicken on the side

'It's the same size as the adult portion and cheaper.

Next up, he said you should never allow them to take your salad bowl away.

He added that you need to pretend to keep nibbling on it, and then ask for a refill right before you leave.

After you get your refill, ask for a to-go box but don't ask for the salad to go.

'The same logic applies for the soup, salad, and breadsticks. We are supposed to charge if we get you some specifically to go, but not if you just get more and get a to go box,' Hunter explained.

Lastly, the ex-server said you should be kind to your server because they are the ones making the soup, salad and breadsticks, so they can help you get free food if you are nice.

These are pretty good. I’m going to save some money next time I’m at the garden!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Hahaha your av

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hahaha your av

Someone seems to have hacked it. How do I get it fixed?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

How get free refill from ostco

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
GBS: FWD: FWD: FWD: Grandson, you have to check this out

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

How to get stuff at Olive Garden: ask the server, and share with people you're eating with.

Wow really badass hax there, dumbass.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

You know my family sent me this email too it was mixed with different racist memes very informative once you get past the racism

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

pencilhands posted:

Someone seems to have hacked it. How do I get it fixed?

You can't for at least a month. There's some coding backend changes and avs that aren't blanked by admins can't be changed for a bit

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i feel as if the reason the server would give you 20 mints is because they think you'll tip well for it so it's not really free (if you want to keep going to the same olive garden)

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

As a former Olive Garden server all of this stuff works and much more. You can literally do anything you want as long as you're a big enough rear end in a top hat about it. You can even get your meal comped if you're pissed off enough about whatever it is you want to be angry about. Just verbally abuse the gently caress out of everyone you come across and they'll treat you like a king.

Mozi posted:

i feel as if the reason the server would give you 20 mints is because they think you'll tip well for it so it's not really free (if you want to keep going to the same olive garden)
No server ever assumes anyone who needs special treatment is going to tip well.

The best tippers and customers are the ones who know what they want and are in/out in the shortest time possible. If you're a pain in the rear end, they already know you're not worth their time.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mug a waiter when they get off their shift.

edit: Tipping is basically stealing from the customers when you think about it, fair is fair.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 13, 2023

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Jelly posted:

As a former Olive Garden server all of this stuff works and much more. You can literally do anything you want as long as you're a big enough rear end in a top hat about it. You can even get your meal comped if you're pissed off enough about whatever it is you want to be angry about. Just verbally abuse the gently caress out of everyone you come across and they'll treat you like a king.

The best tippers and customers are the ones who know what they want and are in/out in the shortest time possible. If you're a pain in the rear end, they already know you're not worth their time.

oh drat are you the guy who wrote the article?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Someone needs to make sure methanar sees this thread so he can bring his next date to Olive garden

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

pencilhands posted:

oh drat are you the guy who wrote the article?
It's your thread, DSWM, you tell me

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Jelly posted:

Mintville here I come!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hahaha your av

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hahaha your av

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

This thread needs to be linked in that one sad thread where people are claiming av purchases for other users are bad

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Honestly none of the stuff on this list is a big deal if you're just up front about it and not weirdly and trashily secretive about your scheme. Like the other goon said it's not a hack it's just being nice to your server. You could literally go, "Hey, how can I get the most breadsticks I can out of this place?" and they will probably be honest with you.

Two very memorably funny experiences I had, though the first was a bit annoying-

These two ladies were stuffing their purses with breadsticks and salad. They were trying to be stealthy about it and wrapping them in napkins and pretending they ate them but their table was right by the drink station and everyone was watching them do it. Then at the end they did the to-go thing noted above, so they probably walked out of there with like 3 salads each and 30 breadsticks.

Another time I was serving this table and they were acting all indignant about the quality and presentation of the pasta or some inconsistencies on our menu. They kept going on like they were hot poo poo and this dude at my other table piped up and was like, "You know this is the Olive Garden right? This is the Applebee's of Italian restaurants, what are you expecting here?". Guy was cool as hell.

Sorry for being on topic btw, back to av talk

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

This thread needs to be linked in that one sad thread where people are claiming av purchases for other users are bad

Wait, someone purchased this for me?

I’m flattered!

Thank you kind goonsir.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

However, if I might make a suggestion-

what about the “more bang for your buck” wizard master?

or the “smart investment” wizard master?

or even the “highly efficient” wizard master?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

pencilhands posted:

However, if I might make a suggestion-

what about the “more bang for your buck” wizard master?

or the “smart investment” wizard master?

or even the “highly efficient” wizard master?

this guy thinks he can take on wizard master

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Jelly posted:

Alien vs. Those Goofy Predator Knockoffs From Star Trek: Voyager.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jelly posted:

and you think you are a jedi

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Jelly posted:

Whoever wins…..we lol

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

another tip: you can order scrambled eggs and hash browns using the secret olive garden breakfast menu if you're there exactly when the doors open

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mr. Meagles posted:

another tip: you can order scrambled eggs and hash browns using the secret olive garden breakfast menu if you're there exactly when the doors open

thanks dude. I will definitely use that next time I go to olive garden for breakfast

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Protip: your nose makes free boogers

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A real tip, just go to Fazoli's instead. It's the same food but you don't have a server to tip. Also the food is cheaper to begin with.

You're welcome.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
that creamy soup with the sausage and potatoes is really good but I just make it at home

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You can save a lot of money at the Olive Garden by not going there

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This is why Olive Garden is going out of business

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

This is why Olive Garden is going out of business

that sucks. they used to have a kick rear end wedding soup

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Tell the manager that your server tried to touch ur dingdong

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just eat your meal. Then get up and walk out before they bring the check. Free food. Easy life.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Didn't read any of that poo poo op

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Just eat your meal. Then get up and walk out before they bring the check. Free food. Easy life.

Last time I went on a date she did this. I wish she told me so I could coordinate it with her, instead I was confused and ended up paying the check myself and didn’t know where she went

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pencilhands posted:

Last time I went on a date she did this. I wish she told me so I could coordinate it with her, instead I was confused and ended up paying the check myself and didn’t know where she went

Plenty of fish in the sea my friend

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

Tell the manager that your server tried to touch ur dingdong

tried that once. Then the manager tried to touch my dingdong

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't eat at Olive Garden, for obvious reasons, but aren't the mints just Andes mints, which are both extremely cheap and sold everywhere? I just checked Walmart and they are 48 for $3.78, EBT eligible.

Who they gently caress is trying to get a bunch of these free mints?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Three Olives posted:

I don't eat at Olive Garden, for obvious reasons, but aren't the mints just Andes mints, which are both extremely cheap and sold everywhere? I just checked Walmart and they are 48 for $3.78, EBT eligible.

Who they gently caress is trying to get a bunch of these free mints?

You gotta get some new material bud