Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

You have rights, don't forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt6-0LIfUA4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

I don't eat at Olive Garden, for obvious reasons, but aren't the mints just Andes mints, which are both extremely cheap and sold everywhere? I just checked Walmart and they are 48 for $3.78, EBT eligible.

Who they gently caress is trying to get a bunch of these free mints?

me. I want the free mints.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Three (3) Olives, I think you don't eat at Olive Garden because a garden of olives is way more than only three (3) of them and that makes you feel insecure.

I think it's okay to not have an entire garden of olives, because that's what the restaurant is for, to have all the olives so you don't need to have so many all the time.

I've never been to an Olive Gardens because they don't exist here but I can tell you that I would never let my relative lack of olives make me feel bad or prevent me from going there.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Olives grow in a grove not a garden. It's not like a, small plant thing. It's like the bigger thing that stretches out to the sky.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My favorite is the Tour of Italy
Arribaderche

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Does Olive Garden still just freeze all their pasta and then reheat it still?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I still love you Three Olives. Be as horrible as you want!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

A real tip, just go to Fazoli's instead. It's the same food but you don't have a server to tip. Also the food is cheaper to begin with.

You're welcome.

Truth

I haven't had one close to me in years sadly

Their Italian ices were (are?) great

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Olive Garden and Three Olives are the only bad things about olives.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Olive the other reindeer is also bad imho

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm hungry as hell

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm hungry as hell

Have you tried the Tour of Italy

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Call Your Grandma posted:

Olive the other reindeer is also bad imho

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
One time, maybe fifteen years ago or so, I was at olive garden with my wife. A manager approached us and apologetically comped us a dessert, but we were just eating normally and having a chat. To this day I wonder if I have resting bitch face or a naturally angry sounding voice or something. I don't think I do, but there will always be this doubt in the back of my mind now

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Did Olive Garden do the Domino's arc where they admit their shortcomings, say they'll try to improve, and then make changes? Or at least started salting the pasta?

Or did they just say "yeah we suck" and continued on?

cinnamon rollout posted:

One time, maybe fifteen years ago or so, I was at olive garden with my wife. A manager approached us and apologetically comped us a dessert

Managers don't comp for nothing. They were either hitting on you both or spotted the server spit in your food.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 13, 2023

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
They already have unlimited soup and breadstick

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Yes, more fresh grated cheese on my salad. Thank you.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I just took a huge poo poo on capitalism by bringing a huge free salad home from olive garden

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I just throw the unlimited soup, salad and bread sticks into my wife's purse and we eat like royalty for a week

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Bright Bart posted:

Did Olive Garden do the Domino's arc where they admit their shortcomings, say they'll try to umprove, and then make changes? Or at least started salting the pasta?

Or did they just say "we we suck" and then continued on?

Managers don't comp for nothing. They were either hitting on you both or spotted the server spit in your food.

Must have been spit in our food because we definitely weren't getting hit on. We weren't rude or anything though, I guess sometimes you just wanna spit in food

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Did you know you can hack the olive garden menu by ordering a create your own pasta? No more spaghetti and meatballs!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
There's a tiny clause at the bottom of the menu stating it's only unlimited with the purchase of an entree

Haha like I read that, give me more soup

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The last time I went to Olive Garden there was a big long hair in my salad.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Treecko posted:

There's a tiny clause at the bottom of the menu stating it's only unlimited with the purchase of an entree

Haha like I read that, give me more soup

Just verbally abuse the staff until they give you the free bath tub soup

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Say you want bread with soup.

Then claim you were trying to order a bread bowl.

They'll probably let you keep what's already on the table.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I worked as a CT (Certified Trainer) at an Olive Garden for 9 years and the best tip I can offer you is be the exact opposite of Methanar and I promise you will get great food service.

That's all.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I just throw the unlimited soup, salad and bread sticks into my wife's purse and we eat like royalty for a week

it was you

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Bright Bart posted:

Did Olive Garden do the Domino's arc where they admit their shortcomings, say they'll try to improve, and then make changes? Or at least started salting the pasta?
It's worse. Lower quality food, way more expensive, and they got rid of the two best dishes they had on the menu (braised beef tortelloni, and the chicken marsala, the latter which they brought back due to widespread demand). They hate their employees and they hate their customers.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Shared this on facebook OP, great tips

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Jelly posted:

They hate their employees and they hate their customers.

when you're here, you're family!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

The only time anyone should go to OG is for soup and salad at lunch -or- during unlimited pasta bowl and just keep trying different combinations and boxing up the other ones. I think you can do like three refills. Get the protein option. Eat for days. Don't go too heavy on alfredo dishes because it doesn't reheat well. Try the more unique pastas like cavatappi because some of them aren't available normally. Also, always order beer in the big glass, at least when I worked there it was like $1 extra for twice as much. I have OGPTSD.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
when you were thin and your wallet was an open book
you used to say olive and let live
but if this endless breadstick world in which we eat in
gives a free mint supply
olive and let die

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Just sneak into the kitchen and start eating everything in sight

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Knock over a Sysco truck and and make Olive Garden at home

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The best olive garden hack is to disown your family if they want to eat there

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Used a Groupon coupon at Saladworks for my Dad's birthday. $30 dollars worth of food for $15. He paid $5.00 on his own dime because he wanted a soda and I got a cookie for my soup later in the day.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Zeluth posted:

Used a Groupon coupon at Saladworks for my Dad's birthday. $30 dollars worth of food for $15. He paid $5.00 on his own dime because he wanted a soda and I got a cookie for my soup later in the day.

That's legit depressing

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That's legit depressing

How so?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

olive garden provided $30 of value but only got payment for half as much :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Farmer's market nearby got poo poo too.