Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Google just recommended this winner to me

Some rear end in a top hat who should be flogged for having the balls to call themselves a journalist posted:

Data storage on hard drives will soon become a thing of the past, according to an expert Shawn Rosemarin, who also owns a company selling solid-storage solutions. According to Rosemarin, we could see the last hard drive being sold in just about five years from now, PC Gamer reported.

Most computer users have long migrated to cloud storage solutions when it comes to safely storing their data. With content being streamed on smartphones and tablets practically everywhere, there is little reason to own a hard drive these days.

yeah just let billionaires have all your data with no backups of your own, great idea :thumbsup:

god forbid you have any kind of affordable network storage of your own, my friend who owns a flash storage company has a stock price to raise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Any article featuring claims that a pasty white dude is going go revolutionize anything at all with tech.

Just the most credulous, fawning poo poo, instantly memory holed once they gently caress off with the investors money.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

carrionman posted:

Any article featuring claims that a pasty white dude is going go revolutionize anything at all with tech.

Just the most credulous, fawning poo poo, instantly memory holed once they gently caress off with the investors money.

here have another one

quote:

With Humane, users can experience a more seamless technology integration into their life by swapping out cell phones with wearable gadgets. This instrument could open up new potential for language translation and individualized help in addition to simplifying communication.

Humane, it appears, is a standalone device, so you wouldn't need a smartphone or another service to pair with it.

“It interacts with the world the way you interact with the world, hearing what you hear, seeing what you see, :lol:while being privacy first:lol:, and safe, and completely fading into the background of your life,” Chaudhri explains.

https://youtu.be/o9amakfmTHs

olives black has a new favorite as of 19:13 on May 13, 2023