Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Durrrr George Washington owned slaves lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

:gas:

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

This runs counter to the concept of free speech, a bedrock principal of liberalism. Read some John Locke and educate yourself.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
itchy

tasty

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Minorities are human beings.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Durrrr George Washington pwned slaves lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

me and the folx reading

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

y'xll

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I don't think this is a real thing

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Dreylad posted:

me and the folx reading

when me and my colleagues see people getting redpilled

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
drat they're ripped

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

im offended by this topic, it makes me want to unalive myself

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dreylad posted:

me and the folx reading

Dr. Killjoy posted:

when me and my colleagues see people getting redpilled

lol some stuff is just too annoying to endure

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Mantis42 posted:

im offended by this topic, it makes me want to unalive myself

unalive isn't woke it's used because of word filters or perceived word filters

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

its zoomer speak and they're either all woke or all nazis, i'm not sure which

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
*accidently inventing segregation but woke to stop white people from eating tomatoes* we must protect indigenous cultures

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
ask them

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
we should help refugees, which would include a robust and stable integration system, and the people who work for the integration system should be well compensated (around $150k per year for example)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Today, we join you in what we call C-SPAM, to acknowledge and to honor the land on which
we stand, that previously was known by its original inhabitants as D&D. We would like to honor all the ancestral stewards of this land on which we meet today and their
descendants living in over 1,000 Tribes, Nations, Bands, Pueblos, Communities or Native Villages. The
people who speak almost as many different languages as there are Tribes are the contemporary
custodians of this land. As we work to reduce the harm of commercial posting and brain poisoning across
this nation, we also acknowledge and work to dismantle the on-going violence and repression of
Indigenous Peoples and cultures, including posting-related health, indoor and outdoor smoothbrain inequities. We
also would like to acknowledge the contemporary Tribal leaders’ and other Tribe members’ whose
contributions to the field of commercial posting prevention, control, and treatment, as well as good posts
policies, benefits us all.
Learn more about land acknowledgement and the Indigenous lands where you reside:
- View this map of Native lands or text your zip code to 1-855-917-5263
- The Honor Native Land Virtual Resource Pack
- Tribal Nations & The United States: An Introduction

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

tonight I talked to someone who was literally of the opinion that American chattel slavery was one of the better forms of slavery at the time because they were treated worse in Benin and by slaveowners in Central and South America and Africa

not a pleasant conversation

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Filthy Hans posted:

tonight I talked to someone who was literally of the opinion that American chattel slavery was one of the better forms of slavery at the time because they were treated worse in Benin and by slaveowners in Central and South America and Africa

not a pleasant conversation

lol where were they from

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
just ranking the slaveries nbd

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Private Cumshoe posted:

very simple for aristotle

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
wokely

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Cuttlefush posted:

lol where were they from

Northern NJ

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
oh, i was thinking maybe they were from benin or something. nope. just american

silly to think otherwise

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
like one in five slaves that ended up in the US came from the bight of benin btw

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
oh drat that psycho would say "the US bravely rescued those slaves in benin"

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Private Cumshoe posted:

It's woke to rank slaveries otherwise how can we calculate everyone's historical oppression quotient?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That said, i think American chattel slavery was a particularly bad type of slavery, because it happened to Americans, who I find easier to sympathize with.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
wow

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Dreylad posted:

me and the folx reading
I see sonic the hedgehog wearing a sweater and with a bandage on his head patting a blue cat on a stack of books

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

Today, we join you in what we call C-SPAM, to acknowledge and to honor the land on which
we stand, that previously was known by its original inhabitants as D&D. We would like to honor all the ancestral stewards of this land on which we meet today and their
descendants living in over 1,000 Tribes, Nations, Bands, Pueblos, Communities or Native Villages. The
people who speak almost as many different languages as there are Tribes are the contemporary
custodians of this land. As we work to reduce the harm of commercial posting and brain poisoning across
this nation, we also acknowledge and work to dismantle the on-going violence and repression of
Indigenous Peoples and cultures, including posting-related health, indoor and outdoor smoothbrain inequities. We
also would like to acknowledge the contemporary Tribal leaders’ and other Tribe members’ whose
contributions to the field of commercial posting prevention, control, and treatment, as well as good posts
policies, benefits us all.
Learn more about land acknowledgement and the Indigenous lands where you reside:
- View this map of Native lands or text your zip code to 1-855-917-5263
- The Honor Native Land Virtual Resource Pack
- Tribal Nations & The United States: An Introduction

thanks

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ELTON JOHN posted:

like one in five slaves that ended up in the US came from the bight of benin btw

thank you ELTON JOHN that's an interesting fact that I didn't know

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

I see sonic the hedgehog wearing a sweater and with a bandage on his head patting a blue cat on a stack of books

can u show this to me.. i cant see it... but would like to

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

can u show this to me.. i cant see it... but would like to

here you go

https://twitter.com/RulerOfHumanity/status/1656529072443346946

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation