Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Okay so this is a bit of a curveball to have thrown at you around 8am on a Saturday, but I woke up with the following question:

does anyone here know how to choose a covert stab/slash vest for personal protection?
I have attracted the ire of someone who threatened to hire triad members to perform a hit on another person.
So far nothing has happened but better safe than cooked into borscht.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I'd simply get better dodge reflexes.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
armorer here. were you considering a discreet chainmail hauberk, or leaning more towards full plate?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Triad won't attack anyone who flashes the secret hand signal, which is displaying 3 fingers on your left hand.

TMYK

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
You gotta strike first, OP. Then they'll respect your strength.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
be certain to wear padding underneath the armor, otherwise it will be dramatically less effective

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Just become really good at sucking dick.

No one’s ever been stabbed while they were giving someone some top-notch head.

Except in that prison doc on HBO, but I’m pretty sure that’s an outlier.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I think you need mithral mail so it's super light and stuff

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Chain bikini is more effective than you might think, but still not great

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Eat a ton of oats & pasta, get fit, start walking around historically accurate full gladiator

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Make a suit out of babies op. No one would stab a baby.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I understand that you are concerned about your safety and are looking for a covert stab/slash vest for personal protection. I would recommend that you do some research on different types of vests and find one that is right for you. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a vest:

* The level of protection you need. There are different levels of protection available, so it is important to choose a vest that will provide the level of protection you need.
* The type of activities you will be doing. If you will be doing a lot of physical activity, you will need a vest that is comfortable and breathable.
* The cost. Vests can range in price, so it is important to find one that fits your budget.

Here are a few of the most popular brands of covert stab/slash vests:

* Second Chance
* Point Blank
* Safariland
* Safe Life Defense
* Spartan Armor Systems

You can find these vests at a variety of retailers, including online retailers and brick-and-mortar stores.

It is also important to remember that a vest is not a guarantee of safety. If you are in a dangerous situation, it is important to take other precautions, such as staying aware of your surroundings and avoiding areas where you may be targeted.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

(Bard wrote this)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
never bring a knife to a protective vest fight

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Make a vest out of knives op. When they stab you they’ll stab themselves bing bong

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
There are literal goon armorers though, you can get beer gut style plate, even if there's no abs & pecs style

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Make a suit out of babies op. No one would stab a baby.

Wait till the pope finds out about this one crazy trick!!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Reactive armor is the only way to make any stabber regret their life choices.

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD
I made a combat-grade anodized grade 5 titanium hauberk. Stops knives and swords, it's rainbow-colored, and only about seven pounds, which is much lighter than the usual steel wear.

Tempered titanium's not cheap, though. The rings alone were about $850.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Cichlidae posted:

I made a combat-grade anodized grade 5 titanium hauberk. Stops knives and swords, it's rainbow-colored, and only about seven pounds, which is much lighter than the usual steel wear.

That's kinda sick ngl id love me a set of rainbow armor

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I would like to see pictures of that

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
the vast majority of murders are committed by someone close to the victim. make sure you buy a stab vest you can wear during sex

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Tactical condom, ribbed for your protection

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

SniperWoreConverse posted:

There are literal goon armorers though, you can get beer gut style plate, even if there's no abs & pecs style

I like armor that's obviously made to fit a very fat person but still has the chiseled pecs + abs on the front. Like somebody in GWAR

or a bodybuilder with insane roid gut

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Is it the Snake Boys?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Cichlidae posted:

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's kinda sick ngl id love me a set of rainbow armor

seriously, post it!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Wee posted:

Is it the Snake Boys?

Could be. They're reputedly deadly!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Light armor means light on yout feet. Smart.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Watch the knees tho

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vim Fuego posted:

Okay so this is a bit of a curveball to have thrown at you around 8am on a Saturday, but I woke up with the following question:

does anyone here know how to choose a covert stab/slash vest for personal protection?
I have attracted the ire of someone who threatened to hire triad members to perform a hit on another person.
So far nothing has happened but better safe than cooked into borscht.

Leather. If bullets aren't involved the leather is your best, cheapest protection

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Aluminum (costume-grade) and titanium (combat-grade) hauberks. The rings are the same size, but the 16Ga titanium is significantly stronger than the 14Ga aluminum.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cichlidae posted:

Aluminum (costume-grade) and titanium (combat-grade) hauberks. The rings are the same size, but the 16Ga titanium is significantly stronger than the 14Ga aluminum.

what does the aluminum cost and what will it protect me from?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Chainmail is a bitch to make by hand but it stopped a lot of swords in the past

Could probably trade a hog for it

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what does the aluminum cost and what will it protect me from?

$150 of materials and a couple hundred hours of your time. It will protect you from psychic and poison damage, and also probably scissors, cutlery, and most BUDK 'swords'. Also, punching someone in chainmail, no matter the material, REALLY hurts your fist, so it's an effective way to get punched in the face instead.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i am, but i play on a different server so i can't help ya

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm a legendary master armorer but I heard you once took yout hat off and that's totally not the way

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Ever since shooting for Rust went on hold my friend has had some availability, let me ask her.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cichlidae posted:

$150 of materials and a couple hundred hours of your time. It will protect you from psychic and poison damage, and also probably scissors, cutlery, and most BUDK 'swords'. Also, punching someone in chainmail, no matter the material, REALLY hurts your fist, so it's an effective way to get punched in the face instead.

how much would it cost to make it and send it to the Philadelphia area? Looks like mithril and I want to feel like Frodo every now and again

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
A good pair of running shoes goes a long way.

And go to a Renn Faire; plenty of cheesy armor to pick from at those.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Start training in the forbidden school of kungfu that makes your body immune to physical damsge thru unending series of ball kicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Put chainmail on your balls so it only hurts the opponent