Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Long story short, I interview people at my company, as part of my job. I want to be a little insightful, and a little frivolous. The goal is to spread awareness about some of the work being done, humanize the teams, put faces to names, etc.

These are not questions for a new-hire process, this is for existing employees, so no "how many marbles would fit in this room?" type questions, etc.

I am comfortable with coming up with the insightful questions, now I want a stock of good non-sequiturs to throw in as well.

examples that might help clarify:
  • Does a straw have one hole or two?
  • Floss then brush, or brush then floss?
  • Would you rather hang out with a guy named Rob or a guy named Chuck?
  • Pineapple on pizza - yay or nay?

This is a surprisingly hard thing to google search for, so I'm asking here and hoping there are some favorites that come up. I think of stuff randomly and try to jot it down, but there's always more out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Hotel Kpro posted:

You people are boring. I work a boring as gently caress job so off the wall poo poo is appreciated. My general favorites are

What's your favorite cereal mascot?
What's your spirit animal?
How many pigeons could you reasonably carry at once?
If you could be a kitchen utensil which one would you be?
How many siege weapons is too many?

hah, thanks. We do some good background, work insight related questions and then throw in a couple non-sequiturs at the end. I think some have the impression the whole interview is nonsense questions.

First interview with the VP went out today, good reaction. Apparently there was some spirited debate in the comments on the straw question.