Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

having a crowd for this is just asking for trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It’s weird that non-Vic guys are there, it’s not like anyone beyond him is set in stone #2 or #3

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The idea it's hard for a teenager to be up at 2:00 AM . ESPN has such boomer brain.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Please don't let the Mavs get jumped by Bulls, Thunder, Raptors or Pelicans.

It will happen and I'll be sad.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
"Mavs move up just once in my lifetime" challenge.

Ready for disappointment.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

victor

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

FakePoet posted:

"Mavs move up just once in my lifetime" challenge.

Ready for disappointment.

They will never move up, especially not this year. They must be punished for tanking in two games.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rick posted:

The idea it's hard for a teenager to be up at 2:00 AM . ESPN has such boomer brain.

I mean, he did play a professional basketball game like 4 hours ago

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Never tell me the odds Malika

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Six point eight

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Paul Zuvella posted:

I mean, he did play a professional basketball game like 4 hours ago

So by NBA player under 30 standards he should be ready for bed in about 4 hours.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Time for Woj to read the script that Brandon Miller's agent gave him

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

ajkalan posted:

Really don’t like the overblown ESPN presentation for the draft lottery, wish that could be rolled back

It's the closest thing the NBA has to the NFL's shameless effort to turn the loving schedule release into a piece of Event Television and it makes me sad. Whenever they started bringing in the top prospects to the lottery to say "Uh I hope whoever ends up at the top picks me, I guess?" was a very bad inflection point. This should be held in an ugly room with 7 sub-GM team executives, 4 mid-to-low tier franchise legends and 3 end-of-rotation players representing the lotto teams

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Let's get Wemby but also lmao at Woj calling him maybe the best prospect in the history of team sports

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Let's get Wemby but also lmao at Woj calling him maybe the best prospect in the history of team sports

yeah I'm a big wemby guy but that's a little too far

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Would that be Gretzky or LeBron?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I can't believe one of the panel named the most exciting teams for Vic as Charlotte, Orlando, or Portland.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
LeBron is the most hype I have lived through by far, I was too young for Gretzky or Magic.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
lmao at the interviewer pointing out which was which of these twins before the camera had panned down where you could see her do it

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
ESPN sucks this should be on TNT

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

DC Murderverse posted:

Would that be Gretzky or LeBron?

Johnny Manziel

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

which of the twins is the good one

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Countdown to offseasn Ringer piece about the difficulty all the veteran All-Stars are having coming to grips w the reality that the MVP winner has already been decided through 2032 or so

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The earth will quake. Most of the world will be uninhabitable. Services will fail. The sky will fail. The majority of life will become unfunctional.

Wemby is coming.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Spacebump posted:

I can't believe one of the panel named the most exciting teams for Vic as Charlotte, Orlando, or Portland.

Orlando would actually be a genuinely fun landing spot for him. Vic, Paulo and Franz would sound like the cast of characters of a WWII war flick and a fun young core

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Bryce Harper was pretty big if I remember correctly

Sebastian Telfair for the 'one that didn't pan out' bucket

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

Johnny Manziel

Something I'll never discuss again or elaborate on...I watched a significant amount of Manziel's Texas A&M games with his family.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

what better way to prove the lottery isn't rigged than by having the 3% chance mavericks rise up against all adversity

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

yea ok posted:

what better way to prove the lottery isn't rigged than by having the 3% chance mavericks rise up against all adversity

The adversity of having the best player in the league and wasting his efforts

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

xbilkis posted:

It's the closest thing the NBA has to the NFL's shameless effort to turn the loving schedule release into a piece of Event Television and it makes me sad. Whenever they started bringing in the top prospects to the lottery to say "Uh I hope whoever ends up at the top picks me, I guess?" was a very bad inflection point. This should be held in an ugly room with 7 sub-GM team executives, 4 mid-to-low tier franchise legends and 3 end-of-rotation players representing the lotto teams

Yeah, the NBA Draft is right up there with the College Football Playoff selection show. I'll give March Madness a bit of a pass since it's such a huge tournament field these days and a lot of information to get through, but dragging out the announcement of the top four CFB teams the way they do now is just horrific.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
When are the actual lottery results? 8:30?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

yea ok posted:

The best way would be if Indy wins, nobody wants to see primetime Indy games.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

xbilkis posted:

The innocence of the Orlando Summer League is gone from this world, it’s so sad

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Hand Knit posted:

8:15 I’m assuming to force you to watch part of this terrible ESPN poo poo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The actual draft itself is my favorite thing in basketball other than the Finals but yeah the lottery is interminable.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Wait this is a scam? The results are already known?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

I think it's supposed to be done by 8:35 or so.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
This is the decision all over

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That was rigged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016