Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
As another Mizzou fan I definitely thought Kobe was doomed to be the bad kind of tweener until he developed a perimeter game out of nowhere his senior year. Now I could see him becoming like...very poor man's Julius Randle but who embraces his role? Which would probably functionally mostly end up being 3pt shooting if he could keep that up, but also hey maybe every once in a while he exploits a mismatch in the post or creates a bailout shot or is a secondary option for a bench unit

I feel like offensively it's not that hard to imagine him carving out a useful spot in the NBA, especially because he's also a solid passer, but I dunno if his defense holds up on the wing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
You can have Nikola Vucevic no takebacks

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/richierandall/status/1669367433495232514?s=20

I feel like this is good for Scoot landing in Charlotte but also never underestimate Jordan being terrible at management

So is Jordan not actually selling his majority stake or is he inexplicably making key draft decisions on his way out

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lockback posted:

That's what he'll do. If the Spurs are dumb they'll try to make him a center. He's a forward who will punish guys in the perimeter. Put a bunch of weight on that guy and you'll ruin his career.

Even if the Spurs were dumb (they're not), Wemby himself has already shown he's too smart to fall into the "That kid is too skinny!" trap. He was talking at length during the ESPN draft broadcast about how his mobility is key for his game, and how bulk for the sake of bulk is bad, and how he just needs to focus on building functional strength without radically transforming his body. I know there was that article earlier this month about how he's big into body management stuff already too

I do secretly hope that his presence in the NBA leads to every team rostering a 6'7" cannonball offensive post bully as a counter. Let the plump boys with baby hooks run wild