Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Warhawk!

Remember this game?

Just a really good shooter for playstation only, and was succeeded by a piece of poo poo game, Starhawk, which nobody remembers.

The basic conceit was that it was a simple multiplayer shooter, with tanks, vehicles, and most importantly really cool and good flying vehicles called WARHAWKs. The controls were some of the smoothest, easiest to just pick-up and go. The infantry/vehicle combat was extremely basic, but flying around was just absolutely fantastic. Altogether a very tight experience with no glaring flaws. I still think about flying around in the WARHAWK when I'm flying jets into trees in battlefield and how they just totally nailed it.

(go to 5:30 to see the WARHAWK in action)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsKwF6ME1l4

It wasn't asymmetrical, not really, as each side just had their own color scheme. One side was, clearly, poor. The other side was some sort of combination of nazis/Killzone enemies/Star Wars Empire, with red/black styling.

It was a very good game, and it shut down in 2019 apparently, but some die-hard weirdos set things up so they can still play it. And honestly I'm proud of them for keeping the dream alive even though I'll absolutely never play that. I wish I had played it more, but now it's dead forever-- gone the way of Chromehounds.

I hate that everyone's attention span is so terrible, mine included, that fantastic games like WARHAWK can come out and nobody gives a poo poo after a few months/years. I hate video games.

WARHAWK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Yes, my room-mate had this game for a while back then and it was really fun to dick around in. Iirc you could play it in splitscreen mode as well, which was great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I loved Warhawk, I didn't play much on the PS3 but Warhawk is definitely the game I played the most. 2nd would be Calling All Cars a game that also qualifies in the "remember that?"

It really was an easy game to pick up and play. This and Splatoon are the only online shooter type games I've really enjoyed. At least enough to play for many hours over a period of months.

We should also remember the original PSX Warhawk.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I loved Warhawk, I didn't play much on the PS3 but Warhawk is definitely the game I played the most. 2nd would be Calling All Cars a game that also qualifies in the "remember that?"

It really was an easy game to pick up and play. This and Splatoon are the only online shooter type games I've really enjoyed. At least enough to play for many hours over a period of months.

We should also remember the original PSX Warhawk.

The original PSX Warhawk was an amazing launch title that floored me as a little kid with the graphics and cool as hell gameplay.

It also was the first game I ever played that made me so angry at the difficulty I threw my controller at a wall and it dented it open and stayed that way for it's entire life span.