Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fianlyl a thread for the bug people who occupy the climate change thread to voice their retarded opinions about the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I am birthing, right now

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

busting raw just feels better, op

facts

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

croup coughfield posted:

thats not the impression ive gotten reading the climate collapse thread

Why do you think people in the climate collapse thread have formed antinatalist opinions

Do you think it's a personal slight against your specific children

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Why do you think people in the climate collapse thread have formed antinatalist opinions

moving the goalposts. next

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

croup coughfield posted:

moving the goalposts. next

You can't say this if you won't even establish where the goalposts are my dude

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

please stop moving the goalposts this is a junior league

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
non-existent individuals do not suffer from not being brought into existence. by not procreating, we avoid creating individuals who may experience deprivation, pain, or other negative experiences.

pic unreleated

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

No, but it might because of the regret they all share in his mom not taking the morning after pill more rigorously.

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
This:

Is what pronatalists want

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!
look i get why the climate collapse thread guys who spend all day every day completely submerged in wealth and leisure but are unable to find meaning in anything want to throw kids into a big grinder like baby chicks until our species dies out across the entire earth. it just makes sense!

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

croup coughfield posted:

look i get why the climate collapse thread guys who spend all day every day completely submerged in wealth and leisure but are unable to find meaning in anything want to throw kids into a big grinder like baby chicks until our species dies out across the entire earth. it just makes sense!

:weed:

:2bong:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

antinatalists not realizing that having kids means you can circumvent the "1 per customer" limit on amiibos

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
People thinking reproduction is a moral ill at a time when we cannot manage our resources or emissions is exactly equivalent to rounding up all existing goon children and grinding them into a fine paste to make our tendies

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!
it is. its true.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Nobody ever seems to bring up adoption in this debate and I don't get why? I got a vasectomy a while ago but I'm not opposed to the idea of adopting some day, or being a foster parent or something. I don't see any difference between raising your own child from birth and raising someone else's child from slightly after birth instead. Like why do people who want kids seeemingly always go the natural route first? Adoption allows you to be a parent without the moral/ethical implications of making an active choice to bring a new life into this increasingly lovely world...

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!
its because there are no moral or ethical issues with having children op. its the most normal, natural thing on earth to do.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Hirsute posted:

Nobody ever seems to bring up adoption in this debate and I don't get why? I got a vasectomy a while ago but I'm not opposed to the idea of adopting some day, or being a foster parent or something. I don't see any difference between raising your own child from birth and raising someone else's child from slightly after birth instead. Like why do people who want kids seeemingly always go the natural route first? Adoption allows you to be a parent without the moral/ethical implications of making an active choice to bring a new life into this increasingly lovely world...

in a vacuum nothing but in practice i would encourage you to investigate the myriad ethical concerns surrounding adoption, both international and domestically at least if you're from the US. adoption can also be extremely expensive.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

UKJeff posted:

This:

Is what pronatalists want

i dont think anyone wants matty op

err
Apr 11, 2005

croup coughfield posted:

its because there are no moral or ethical issues with having children op. its the most normal, natural thing on earth to do.

material conditions do not favor raising children in america atm

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!

err posted:

material conditions do not favor raising children in america atm

hows that

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

being a mom is the hardest job in the world

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Can't believe forums poster croup coughfield is offering to pay for all goons daycare like this

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

look i'm trying to give moms a break it's these freakin natalists

err
Apr 11, 2005

self explanatory

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!
the same people who push to sever your family members for watching the wrong tv channel weeping and impotently pounding the floor that daycare is really expensive

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
I thought The Conspiracy Against The Human Race was cool when I was 21, I'll admit it.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!

err posted:

self explanatory

i dont think it is, op

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

without natalism there would be no milfs

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!

my bony fealty posted:

this

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
is there not a moral duty to raise children who will refuse enslavement, to raise instead the wild generation which will be capable of adapting and preserving the humble continuity of our maybe once noble breed, but will do so by the same fire they use to mercifully burn down the rot that they were born to overcome

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

torn between this and wanting to give moms a break because being a mom is the hardest job in the world

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

croup coughfield posted:

the same people who push to sever your family members for watching the wrong tv channel weeping and impotently pounding the floor that daycare is really expensive

Unironic bootstraps argument

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

being a mom is the hardest job in the world

and yet theres no thread for this. typical misogynistic leftists.

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

croup coughfield posted:

How many kids do you have

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!

UKJeff posted:

unknown

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

UKJeff posted:

dude IKs two threads so lots

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

in a vacuum nothing but in practice i would encourage you to investigate the myriad ethical concerns surrounding adoption, both international and domestically at least if you're from the US. adoption can also be extremely expensive.

Yeah I'm aware of the issues with the adoption industry, still would feel better about adopting than deciding to bring a new person into this mess

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

my bony fealty posted:

no milfs or dilfs :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

and yet theres no thread for this. typical misogynistic leftists.

it's not my place, as a cis-man and non-human-child-haver, to make a thread for moms