Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

liam neeson is a great choice if they play it right

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i know this is the correct response in my heart, but if they could successfully capture this energy for an entire film it would be both a masterclass and also a terrible failure at the box office lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqA577_IoBk

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

taken, except liam neeson is gravely answering the giant telephone from top secret

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

If it's new material and not a remake with the same gags it'll be fantastic

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lonely island is making it so im sure its gonna be the right kind of demented

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

liam neeson is a great choice if they play it right

he was funny in Ted 2 (serious)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

he was funny in Ted 2 (serious)

this. liam neeson can do more than piss himself in public

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL7IoRjVHJQ&t=10s

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

literally a perfect audition for an airplane! part

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
godzilla and seven samurai, godzilla being the better film easily but both are great

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dune 2 imax. that loving ruled. i think people are gonna talk about these two movies for a long time

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The Holdovers. Very good Christmas flick with some great performances.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Poor Things - insanely good design / costumes / performances (ruffalo is so funny), actually the whole movie is pretty hilarious. heard it described as a sex comedy starring Emma stone as Frankenstein which is accurate and somehow also good? Yorgos is a genius.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Yorgos ftw. Dogtooth is one of my favorite movies

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

dune 2 imax. that loving ruled. i think people are gonna talk about these two movies for a long time

just got back from japan. wife didn’t take extra time off lol so I’m gonna go see this solo tomorrow :D

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hackers

absolutely batshit movie lol, still have only half an idea of what was going on. just footage of 90s raves and the police being assholes interspersed with some bad acid trip CGI and random slideshow cuts. i don't know if i would call it a good movie but it was hella entertaining

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

Hackers

absolutely batshit movie lol, still have only half an idea of what was going on. just footage of 90s raves and the police being assholes interspersed with some bad acid trip CGI and random slideshow cuts. i don't know if i would call it a good movie but it was hella entertaining

hell yeah lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

Hackers

incredible flick lmao

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Trying to finish all the Oscar best pic noms before tmrw…watched American Fiction last night and really enjoyed it. Like 70% family dramedy and 30% what all the ads are about (satire) but some great funny lines. Also wraps in an hour 45 which is a plus.

Just have to watch zone of interest….and maestro but lol I’m not watching that

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the zone of interest - crazy sound and cinematography. About ten things I won’t forget seeing. can’t imagine watching it again but glad I watched it once.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

started an x-files rewatch. x-files ftw

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

the zone of interest - crazy sound and cinematography. About ten things I won’t forget seeing. can’t imagine watching it again but glad I watched it once.

yup. watched it last night. incredibly good. but going to give it awhile before I rewatch while I think things over over

sticks with ya

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Double feature dune part 1 and saltburn

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Cop Land after this thread recommended it I think
After Hours

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Bram Stoker's Dracula

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nostradingus posted:

Bram Stoker's Dracula

good poo poo

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Poor Things

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Cop Land after this thread recommended it I think
After Hours

Cop Land ftw

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

The wicker man (1973)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Love Lies Bleeding

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Perfect Days. love koji yakusho

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
there will be blood. pure movie magic. electrifying from start to finish.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Mad Max: Fury Road. High octane crazy blood

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I got the tude now posted:

there will be blood. pure movie magic. electrifying from start to finish.

been at the top of my movie backlog for ages but it feels really daunting

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Leadthumb posted:

Love Lies Bleeding

any good?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

herculon posted:

Mad Max: Fury Road. High octane crazy blood

hell yeah

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

rewatched arrival and now need to go lie down

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Yeah I think it was pretty good. It's got a lot of cool characters and it's made with a ton of confidence and vision, it's not perfect but if I had anything to complain about anything it would feel like nitpicking. It was fun.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The Favourite. Yorgos ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Road house (2024) - basically like a jack reacher movie, gyllenhaal is pretty good, I have no idea what was going on with Connor mcgregor but every minute he’s on is an amazing disaster