Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
i watched heavens gate raging bull and hudson hawk these past few days

mod edit: altered states now as well

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

starbarry clock fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Boy and the Heron. Top tier Miyazaki

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Went and saw Dune 2 for my birthday, it whips rear end. Timothe chalame(sp?) being the worst part of both movies cracks me up because it kind of works since he's playing paul lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Happy bday LT

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Went and saw Dune 2 for my birthday, it whips rear end. Timothe chalame(sp?) being the worst part of both movies cracks me up because it kind of works since he's playing paul lol

here's to the birthday boy :cheers:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

herculon posted:

Happy bday LT

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Hell yeah Hudson hawk

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

herculon posted:

Happy bday LT

Cheers!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
the holdovers. hit the spot. great performances all around but giamatti takes the cake. 3 bagger

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the holdovers. hit the spot. great performances all around but giamatti takes the cake. 3 bagger

the barf bag, the garbage bag, and your swollen nutsack

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sunset Boulevard

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

Sunset Boulevard

great flick

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

American Fiction

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Taken. classic boomer action. 4/5

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The Running Man

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

brawl in cell block 99. watched it after rewatching s2 of true detective :cool:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Monkey Man. more like Monkey Mid imo

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
ben-hurrrr and desyat negrityat which is the somehow even more racist russian version of ten little indians but the movie was actually really good would suggest

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

First couple episodes of Fallout are pretty good. Godd Howard's done it again

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was surprised how much I liked godzilla x kong. The humans were a minority of the film rather than the majority, and kong's nonverbal adventures were fairly enthralling. Great fun, godzilla suplexes kong off the pyramids, bad guy was an entertaining total bastard, well worth a watch

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sorcerer. They need to get back to making movies where the health and wellbeing of the actors isn't even considered.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

herculon posted:

Sorcerer. They need to get back to making movies where the health and wellbeing of the actors isn't even considered.

been saying this

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dinner in America

it's very good. i normally hate low budget indie film stuff but this is an easy 8+/10. watch the RLM review if you want a more spoilery review of it but i can highly recommend this.

the first 15 minutes are a good barometer if you (or your s/o) will like it. it tones down the crassness a little bit after that insane intro but expect a lot of people saying the word retard

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Sounds like dinner at your house. Lol alright bye

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Poppers posted:

Sounds like dinner at your house. Lol alright bye

cya

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the warriors. my wifes first time seeing it and she like it a lot. been like 15 years since ive seen it to and man, it kicks butt. stupid in all th right ways, great costume design nd soundtrack. total fuckin blast. super fun.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
ong bak. still rules but apparently there was a copyright dispute with the original music so it has weird generic tracks that loop for like four minutes, bizzarre. 3/5 bags, would be 4 if the music was the original tony jaa ftw.

Ronin. remembered this being a low-key and intelligent spy movie with excellent car chases, which it is until their heist plan involves hitting a moving car with a rocket launcher from another moving car lol. good characters and overarching plot but the details are weird like how hard the writers work to put the finale at the ice rink, when who gives a gently caress:?? off the top of my head i would have said this was a 4 bagger but it's a 3.5, it's no mission: impossible.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

we saw Late Night With The Devil on a whim, and I was not prepared for it to be that good

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Dune 2. Bretty gud.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Yi Yi. a masterpiece

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Buchanan Rides Alone. Decent western with an easy premise. Randolph Scott rides into town, minding his own business, then gets swept up with the corrupt family that runs the town. Pretty good western with a good finish. Movie was full of fat, ugly character actors which are sorely missed in Hollywood these days.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
monkey man- dev patel boldly asks, "what if dev patel was john wick" 4 bags 2 sodas

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

monkey man- dev patel boldly asks, "what if dev patel was john wick" 4 bags 2 sodas

hell, makes sense to me

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

herculon posted:

Movie was full of fat, ugly character actors which are sorely missed in Hollywood these days.

i get this same feeling when i watch some like it hot

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

trying to jack off posted:

i get this same feeling when i watch some like it hot

You must have some high standards

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

herculon posted:

You must have some high standards

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

what a good movie lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

JUdgment at Nuremberg. Tracy was awesome. Cannot believe Schnell won best actor for this. Only thing i could think of every time he opened his mouth was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH4hMvj5E28