Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Fungah! posted:

ghost in the shell. loving incredible. old anime ftw

i watched like half of that the other night but was about to pass out so i had to turn it off. gonna try again prob tomorrow cuz the stuff i did see was really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the stranger (2022)

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Picking up Succession for a first time watch

It’s good (team Greg)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fungah! posted:

for some reason watching gits always makes me want to watch aeon flux as well.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Fungah! posted:

This.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Rewatched the hustler and then immediately went to a bar to play pool

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A few episodes of Dr Katz. Classic show, good use of celebrity guests.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Ikiru. Suffering emotional damage from experiencing art ftw

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Fungah! posted:

Do you know if the latest bluray release is any good? I bought it 10 years ago and it’s has all this horrible cgi and is low res af.

This is one of my fav scenes ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARTLckN9e7I

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ghosthorse posted:

Ikiru. Suffering emotional damage from experiencing art ftw

Great movie. Gun to my head id say Kurosawa is the goat

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

i watched like half of that the other night but was about to pass out so i had to turn it off. gonna try again prob tomorrow cuz the stuff i did see was really good

update: finally did this and it was good as hell. ghost in the shell ftw.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
also ikiru owns, incredible movie

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

update: finally did this and it was good as hell. ghost in the shell ftw.

hell yeah

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

rewatched one piece red

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

Do you know if the latest bluray release is any good? I bought it 10 years ago and it’s has all this horrible cgi and is low res af.

no clue, I watched it streaming on criterion channel and it looked fuckin fantastic, no cg at all

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Got bored and rewatched pacific rim. What a silly movie.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The 25th anniversary bluray is good, the “2.0” release is the one all redone with cg

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

You're better off just buying the DVD since like every blu-ray release sucks and they replaced the song playing over the credits

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Mission impossible. Kicks rear end, great stunts, all the girls are stunning, 10/10, can’t wait for the next one.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Watched the D&D movie as well as John Wick on the plane. D&D is not necessarily a great movie, but better than it has any right to be. John Wick, on the other hand, kicks major rear end and I wasted 9 years of my life by not watching it till now.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

Mission impossible. Kicks rear end, great stunts, all the girls are stunning, 10/10, can’t wait for the next one.

watched it like five days ago. it's probably my favorite one.

also watched 3 like two days ago

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Everyone involved in filming the marvel movies needs to go to jail for wasting Haley atwell, she was incredible in dead reckoning. Absolutely magnetic.

mcquarrie has this gift of making an actress you've seen before and thought was totally fine but nothing special into a shining goddess who nukes everyone else off the screen (see also Vanessa Kirby in fallout).

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the first mobile suit gundam series. very good show. gonna watch g fighter next since i heard that has gladiator fighting etc.

herculon posted:

D&D is not necessarily a great movie, but better than it has any right to be.

it did a really good job portraying how an adventuring party can both constantly gently caress up, yet still save the day that actual d&d campaigns tend to be like and it rules

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 20, 2023

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Watched the new Indiana Jones movie. I didn’t have any expectations, and had a lot of fun

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Jailhouse Rock

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

razorback (1984)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oh yeah, also saw barbie on friday. It was cool

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

moonstruck. still very funny. nic cage is out of control in this movie, absolutely bonkers. also features a Chubbs Peterson level wooden hand. good date night pick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

godzilla vs. biollante

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

godzilla vs. destoroyah

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

godzilla vs. destoroyah

I watched that one recently, very bizarre that the first half or so of the movie was an Aliens ripoff

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

I watched that one recently, very bizarre that the first half or so of the movie was an Aliens ripoff

its aw eird movie, theres a bunch of stuff that doesnt land or doesnt work right and the pacings super weird. destoroyah's design fuckin kicks rear end though

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

going to see Barbie Friday night then Oppenheimer on 70mm (non imax) Saturday morning…hype as hell. Bought the Oppenheimer tickets Monday night for a Saturday 10am show and the theater was already 3/4 full :pwn:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

currently in the middle of another Wire rewatch

i guess it'd been longer than i thought cos i thought Stringer lasted way longer than he did. i completely misplaced the events leading up to that

spoiled season 3 things just in case

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

godzilla, mothra, and king ghidorah: giant monsters all-out attack

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

godzilla, mothra, and king ghidorah: giant monsters all-out attack

that's one of my favorites

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

that's one of my favorites

never seen it before and i really liked it a lot. good human story, good fight, good monster designs. solid fuckin flick

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Love Baragon even though he got killed pretty quick and wasn’t even included in the title, I wish they used him in more movies. The insane backstory with Godzilla being possessed by the spirits of innocent people killed by the Japanese military in WW2 and seeking revenge is insane lol, and a funny counterbalance to the previous movie which was super nationalist and had a flashback scene where an unmutated Godzilla saves a Japanese army squad from an American attack in WWII and then the aliens are revealed to actually be time-traveling foreigners trying to prevent Japan’s future economic dominance over the rest of the world. Some of the better fight and rampage scenes in the series too.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Here’s my mom’s dog posing with my GMK poster that I was too lazy to hang up just then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

baragons super cool, i thought he'd come back for the big melee at the end nd was a little bummed he didnt. felt weird cheerin for ghidorah too and especially seein mothra do the mothra special for him. big thing for me is that its actually really funny, theres good jokes that fuckin land, pretty much everything yuris boss says is a laugh line. also cool watchin all those teen delinquents get fuckin smoked by baragon and mothra lol, feel like the on-screen body count for this ones higher than any ive seen other than like shin godzilla. real fuckin good movie