Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my cousin vinny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

my cousin vinny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd1CijCUj8w

i love this movie

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

white boy rick. its okay.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

major league. doesnt hold up great but still iconic.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Joey McChrist posted:

the irishman

I liked that movie a lot

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

major league 2

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

herculon posted:

You going to watch Back to the Minors?

dont see it happening.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Major league: back to the minors

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sandlot ftw

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

foxcatcher. this is really good, steve carrell is nuts here

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Joey McChrist posted:

i haven't caught that one before. thats with channing tatum and mark ruffalo right? adding to the list

yeah its about the schultz bros and their insane wrestling financier, its really good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

barbarian again

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Nice

Have u seen people under the stairs? I'm guessing yes but rewatch it

yeah that movie is great, the couple always makes me laugh

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

didnt rly get into mandy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

to live and die in LA

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

great, great overlooked movie.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Annihilation, pretty dope

great movie yeah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fungah! posted:

ghost in the shell. loving incredible. old anime ftw

for some reason watching gits always makes me want to watch aeon flux as well.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

currently in the middle of another Wire rewatch

i guess it'd been longer than i thought cos i thought Stringer lasted way longer than he did. i completely misplaced the events leading up to that

spoiled season 3 things just in case

i always thought it was rly funny how he just got completely played by everyone right before then, that guy just had the worst week of his life

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

big fan of the spoiler tags.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

sisu, dont watch any trailers or read about it. just watch it as soon as you can

im going to do that

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wrapped up my 4th or 5th Wire rewatch. Season 5 is still really weird, and still the worst season by far. Not even close enough to poison the entire series but it's best viewed as a fanfic season w/all the questionable character choices. GOATed series nonthethus.

lester just out of the blue jumping in with mcnulty's antics felt like such an abrupt change of character but so did kima being completely clueless and unable to sniff out what was happening. the newspaper angle felt like it was a cameo from a completely different show entirely. still kicks rear end.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

4 isn't bad but it's not great

The ending is nice

Gaetano's fate was probably the funniest moment in the series for me

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Marathon man. This movie is incredibly shot for its time. Hoffman really goes nuts in this one

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

never cared for poltergeist and the only people i knew that claimed it was the scariest movie they ever saw always wound up being mormon

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Midnight Express

I feel like this has held up. The one prison guard is a spitting image for James Gandolfini. Rifki is a special piece of poo poo but he is only a product of the environment that made him, he feels like an extension of the prison itself. Young Randy Quaid is strange but he is a trip here. Moroder kills it with his score in this one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

budd dwyer thought posted:

Mean Streets (in 4K!) is showing briefly at the local artsy theatre and I can report Harvey Keitel never looked so good

that sounds like it would kick rear end. good little movie, wild ending.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

symbolic posted:

Halloween (2018). surprisingly deec for a direct sequel 40 years later, most of the actors were w/e but paranoid prepper Jamie Lee Curtis was great. some solid kills and a couple neat shots too. not bad

i loved that spin on her character and how the mythos was basically while she feels tied to him, she was nothing more than a victim of wrong place and wrong time for the most traumatic night of her life. i thought that for as much as was done great in this one the sequels that followed were just real letdowns

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the conversation and halloween 3. the score for the conversation is incredible and has been a bug in my ear all day today.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

symbolic posted:

Halloween Kills

i should've listened, but my friend told me it was bad in the funny bad kinda way and i already watched 2018 with him when i posted about it, so what the hell. such a downgrade from 2018, less Michael and more stupid mob rules "humans are the real enemy" poo poo. half the kills felt like Scary Movie clumsy oafishness and there was so much callback to 1978 to try and make ppl interested. gonna finish out tonight with Halloween Ends just to complete the trilogy but im not hopeful

i loving hated this movie and halloween ends after how well halloween '18 was done.

Nostradingus posted:

Event Horizon. Thought the effects were appropriately hosed up, especially at the end. I had no idea this is where "we have such sights to show you" is from. Felt a little rushed maybe but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Good scary movie

this movie rules especially if you don't know what you're getting yourself into

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Killers of the flower moon.

Its good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

clue holds up good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what in the god drat

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ted

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Suspiria (1977) - somehow never watched this before. It is cool as hell, highly recommended

Late 70s synth scores ftmfw.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Plutonis posted:

killers of the flower moon

Movie of the year but I was really distracted by Brendan Fraser's appearance as De Niro's lawyer because I kept thinking of the Whale memes

yea those 2 cameos caught me rly off guard, it ruled

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ted 2

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

pilot for murder at the end of the world, i dont hate it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

john wick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU