Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Dumb and Dumber. still rock solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
hateful 8. honestly liked it. not gonn say no to kurt russel or walton goggins

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
can confirm without watching that christmas + new years is what breaks you

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
dungeon and dragon: honor among thiefs. fun for the whole family 8/10

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ghosthorse posted:

Ikiru. Suffering emotional damage from experiencing art ftw

Great movie. Gun to my head id say Kurosawa is the goat

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

Mission impossible. Kicks rear end, great stunts, all the girls are stunning, 10/10, can’t wait for the next one.

watched it like five days ago. it's probably my favorite one.

also watched 3 like two days ago

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
big lebowski. missin phillip seymour hoffman real bad T___T

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fargield posted:

Oppenheimer was 3 hours of shot reverse shot talking scenes intercut with explosions and physics explanations you'd hear on big bang theory. Also i fell asleep for part of it. gently caress you christopher nolan

nolan's so bad at filming dialogue it's mind boggling

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
drive. holds up

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
the nice guys. ryan gosling is a funny man and fat russel crowe just rules

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wrapped up my 4th or 5th Wire rewatch. Season 5 is still really weird, and still the worst season by far. Not even close enough to poison the entire series but it's best viewed as a fanfic season w/all the questionable character choices. GOATed series nonthethus.

TV writer: what if this season was about... writers.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
all quiet on the western front - it's fine. i get it, war sucks and the ppl who want it lie to you to get you to die for them. i figured that out early and the rest of the move felt extraneous

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

the first time i ever watched tango and cash was on a plane and i was cheering and laughing at the end. then i immediately made my gf watch the last 5 minutes as well, she broke up with me 2 days later

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
the most recent texas chainsaw put me in a fugue state when the main character was a school shooting survivor. i'm not ready to have that conversation yet

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

herculon posted:

That’s my favorite Coen Bros film. Everyone absolutely crushes their roles.

i love the classic monologue at the end. really beautiful flick.

Whiplash

absolutely terrifying lol. jk simmons and miles tellers are electric together, with simmon's performance being particularly sinister. probably a top 10 thriller for me.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

I loving love this movie so much

it's great because not only is fletcher a great antagonist for the protag to struggle against, fletcher also emblematic of the internal struggle the protag has to face and ultimately comes up short.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i like to tell myself i'd stand up to someone like fletcher but i'd 100% cry lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic posted:

Event Horizon

pretty neat, really liked the concept. jarring mix of really cool practical effects and very 90s CGI ones. seeing Sam Neill in two movies in a row being a dickhead blinded by his own job until driven insane made me lol. overall i liked it

i lol every time the credits start. prodigy out of mf nowhere

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i'd like more severance, please.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
All the light you cannot see: stinks but mom liked it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
first 2 eps of the curse. more nathan fielder excellence

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Checks out

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Home alone 2 lost in new york

home alone 1+2 solid christmas classics

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

2 gets a bad rap but i think its a nice sequel that follows the first film up well

great tim curry performance

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP_iYo0Brk

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

what was everyone's first godzilla movie? mine was destroy all monsters

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
king gidorah is still my favorite movie monster to this day

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

that movie looked like aids to me

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

he runs over a kid lol its wild

Hell yeah

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
blues brothers. ftw

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
boogie nights -> magnolia back to back. feel like anderson was really into coen bros when making boogie nights.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sir Mat of Dickie posted:

Bonjour Tristesse. Not the kind of film I usually watch, but it was thoroughly riveting. The protagonist comes across as scheming and independent but also not necessarily the sharpest knife in the chest, which made for interesting viewing. I wonder if it had Code approval; I recall reading that Preminger was one of the filmmakers who managed to chip away at the Code partly by independently funding many of his own films (he had the producer credit on this one) and successfully releasing them without Code approval. The father's lifestyle seems like it would have run afoul of numerous provisions in the Code, but perhaps it's kept just vague enough to have "passed."

I watched Boogie Nights with Anderson's commentary a while back and he cited Scorsese (Raging Bull, specifically) as the main influence on the film. Definitely some Coen Bros-esque antics in there too.

It’s specifically the donut shop robbery that wa so 100% a coen bros move. The format shifting to show multiple perspectives felt like classic coen too

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

the beekeeper. this movie is so goddamn stupid, but i had fun

i keep thinking they've run out of gas with the, "the x" old white guy who is unkillable movie and keep being wrong

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If you haven't watched Gran Torino since release you need to rewatch it right now, lol. It's insanely bad. Horrible acting, cliches out the rear end. it's turned into a comedy over the years

it's so tight lol. old man calling people slurs at a party he was invited to is an incredible scene

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Heat. Just keeps getting better.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Both him and his sister are so bad dude lol

It feels like a parody of a boomer movie

Jeezo posing while dying is the loving cherry on top. Incredible movie. Brave, even.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lester posted:

Know this, "Academy"..., for every oscar MISTER PAUL GIAMATTI does not win, I will SHOOT one commodified emblem of American girlhood

I love Paul giamatti but relax

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
paddington 2. perfect movie. 10/10

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

exquisite movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
watching Review lmfao