Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Inside man, it still kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

A Ghost Story is also good

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

hell yeah!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This was my first time seeing it, after years of hype. I really liked the color palette and the music. I actually liked the first part better, I thought the creepy energy was so intense and worked better than the fight scenes for me. Still, a great movie.

I agree, the pre-title card half is better but the gory revenge rampage is a lot of fun. And the church visuals at the end are the best in the whole thing

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

my morning jackass posted:

Do you know if the latest bluray release is any good? I bought it 10 years ago and it’s has all this horrible cgi and is low res af.

This is one of my fav scenes ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARTLckN9e7I

The 25th anniversary bluray is good, the “2.0” release is the one all redone with cg

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

herculon posted:

10 Cloverfield Lane. Not too bad.

A perfect John Goodman role

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Whoa criterion has uncut gems

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Watched vertigo over the weekend. It holds up. Completely forgot about the part with midge’s painting lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Killers of the Flower Moon (2023), in the theater. really good, wasn't bored once

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lmao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Godzilla: minus one (2023) really good Godzilla movie with a really mean Godzilla. This ones right up there with Shin and the original ‘54 movie. Toho ftw

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

elf help book posted:

the use of the godzilla theme in minus one is so so good

Yeah the score overall was great but those moments were fantastic

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I can’t stop listening to the song that’s over the scene when he finally flies the plane. Loved the soundtrack in -1

https://youtu.be/0N_V7xdN7DI?si=157GPn_3F6D9H5bh

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

TheSwizzler posted:

Muppet Christmas Carol, ruled

Watched this a couple days ago, still my favorite Christmas movie that’s actually about Christmas.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

A Serious Man

Amazing cinimatography, loved the score, and the ending is absolutely phenomenal. Story is loving brutal lol.

such a good movie. Sy Ableman ftw

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Signs (2002) haven’t seen it in a long rear end time and the performances are really strange, but Tak Fujimoto was dp so it looks great and there are a couple really good scenes. Never realized Michael showalter had a cameo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Cause of the recent news I went back and watched The Naked Gun for the first time in a long time. So many gags I didn’t remember, and Leslie Nielsen was ftw as always