Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

mr. tonegawa

it rules so much lol. i think the best part is that they just stopped giving a gently caress and had episodes about teiai corporation's twitter when kaiji is supposed to be set in 1997

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oppenheimer was an 8/10 to me

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

rewatched jackass forever and 4.5. i liked the new team, poopies and zach are especially great

danger ehren gets hosed up hard through this one lol

The bowling ball to the nuts in 4.5 was insane. This man absolutely lost his reproduction capability.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I could see Lester jumping in myself tbh. He is a guy who was on cold storage for decades and was finally back doing what he loved which was detective work and investigation so the frustration over the resources shortage could plausibly make him accept McNulty's stupid plan.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I have to reluctantly agree w/this but in a normal season it would take like 3-4 episodes to sway Lester. In S5 he just immediately jumps on board

5 was also the shortest season of the series so maybe if they had another couple episodes to flesh things out it wouldn't feel so rushed/fake, but we will never know.

Oh yeah I think some eps of him having to deal with the Marlo investigation getting hosed because City Hall pulled out their funding could have made that more plausible.

Also started to watch 30 Monedas on HBO, insane Spanish paranormal/exorcism series.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A Haunting in Venice. Best of the Branagh Poirot movies so far, really enjoyed it a lot.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

awesome film provided you stop it before the absolutely moronic ending

Movie really was centered on Goodman, the second he dies the quality drops massively.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tango and Cash.

Quintessential Buddy Cop movie, really the genre refined to its best. Stallone and Russell really work really well together in this, excellent chemistry. Insane amount of character actors on this too lol, Jack Palance, Robert Zdar, Clint Howard, James Hong, even loving Gul Dukat.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

herculon posted:

Lol good riddance

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

Haven't seen it since theaters, and it wasn't as good as I remembered it.. but still pretty drat good. Shame it's a Cloverfield movie

It's a Cloverfield movie in the same way Halloween 3 is a Halloween movie

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

killers of the flower moon

Movie of the year but I was really distracted by Brendan Fraser's appearance as De Niro's lawyer because I kept thinking of the Whale memes

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TheSwizzler posted:

The effects in that movie were god tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGBZucm_iWI

this is a good mini doc on it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I almost saw that turd bc I keep mistaking Gareth Edwards with Gareth Evans (the dude who did the Raid movies which kick rear end)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Talented Mr. Ripley - Matt Damon is gay as hell in this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

Hoffman is much gayer lol

he really is

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Napoleon - Joaquin Phoenix honestly portrayed him as a bigger loser than Arthur in Joker lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dongicus posted:

alex cox ftw. u should check out walker (1987) as well

walker is amazing, i watched it like 3 times

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i liked king of the monsters way more than 2014 and godzilla vs kong wtf

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Monsterverse Tier List

Kong Skull Island
Godzilla King of the Monster
Godzilla 1
Godzilla vs Kong

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Godzilla Minus One on IMAX. Unbelievable pwnage. :cheers:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

what was everyone's first godzilla movie? mine was destroy all monsters

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sisu. Insane gory Finnish movie, really liked the squids on it and the protag somehow managing to survive all sort of poo poo no matter how hosed up he gets

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah! posted:

gently caress that was one of the best movies i've seen in a really long time

Hell yeah dude

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Conspiracy (2001)

Kenneth Branagh was pretty good on this as Heydrich, it's a really tense and well made movie, surprised it was a made for TV thing for HBO.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

My sister and cousins trolled me by inviting me to watch Wonka and changed to Aquaman 2 at the last second. This movie loving stinks!!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm a chalahead.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Poor Things.

I had high expectations and left very underwhelmed. The movie dragged on and i never felt invested in the characters. I did think it was pretty funny, and the costumes were delightful.

Just out of a showing and I thought it did drag a while but I really liked Bella, Max and Godwin and it was very hilarious, the theater loved it. I really liked the set designs and backgrounds as well, lovely movie, probs Lanthimos' second best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Little Shop of Horrors :cheersdoge: