Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Despicable Me 2. Watched it on the plane and it did an adequate job of providing a distraction from the horrific dread I usually feel while flying 5/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Watching the Fargo TV series, halfway through season 2. Billy Bob Thorton loving killed it in season 1.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I feel like the series struggles a lot with how much verisimilitude it wants to have at any given point. In episode 1 Lester kills his wife and it's loving gut wrenching. Then, like 6 episodes later Malvo massacres an entire mafia family, 22 people, in the middle of an urban center, in broad daylight. The entire scene felt really out of place and silly. Granted it's not aiming to be a super grounded and realistic depiction of crime, but it took me out of it a little.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's really good, Me n the wife went to the imax version that had a livestreamed Q&A afterwards which took like an hour for them to set up after the film. David Byrne proceeded to sit like 3 feet away from the rest of the band and said like 2 sentences the entire time.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

American McGay posted:

I Married a Witch

nice but what did you watch recently?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Ernest Saves Christmas

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Season 5 has been entertaining but it feels the least 'coen brothers' of all the seasons, for better and for worse. Like it stands perfectly well on its own but it's much more straightforward and leans a lot less on the themes of struggling to live and find meaning in an inherently chaotic world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Started True Detective season 4

The vibes are cool but they're leaning way hard on the supernatural stuff this season.