Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Watched Winchester '73. I'm not usually a fan of James Stewart, but he's ok in this. Pretty wild story of a cursed rifle that everyone wants, including a native played by Rock Hudson. I'd say it's worth a watch, but keep your expectations low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

STONE COLD 64 posted:

major league 2

You going to watch Back to the Minors?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I need to pick a baseball movie to watch

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

trying to jack off posted:

does baseketball count?

As long as it isn’t Hoosiers or Glory Road

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

buffalo all day posted:

the answer is always bull Durham

No Kevin Costner, please

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

League of Their Own is a good movie. I should rewatch it

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

A League of Their Own. Still a good movie

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Shameful nobody recommended The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Unforgiven. One of the all time greats

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

buffalo all day posted:

it’s loving awesome, gene Hackman is like third best part of the movie and it’s one of the best characters ever

The scene where he’s telling the writer about the real English Bob is perfect, and I forgot that was Richard Harris.

was literally just talking about this, were watching tombstone lol

I need to rewatch Tombstone. Haven’t seen it since I saw it on VHS

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

For A Few Dollars More in Spanish without subtitles. No hablo español, but I’ve seen it a hundred times.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Watched the D&D movie as well as John Wick on the plane. D&D is not necessarily a great movie, but better than it has any right to be. John Wick, on the other hand, kicks major rear end and I wasted 9 years of my life by not watching it till now.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Watched the new Indiana Jones movie. I didn’t have any expectations, and had a lot of fun

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Jailhouse Rock

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Punished Chuck posted:

Here’s my mom’s dog posing with my GMK poster that I was too lazy to hang up just then

Godzilla vs. Mom’s dog

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Nice work on the background

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fargield posted:

Oppenheimer was 3 hours of shot reverse shot talking scenes intercut with explosions and physics explanations you'd hear on big bang theory. Also i fell asleep for part of it. gently caress you christopher nolan

Lol I need to watch it now

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Winning Time season 2 is pretty good so far. Give me an hour of Jerry West

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Weaponized Autism posted:

3. 1883- one of the best westerns i've ever seen in my life. if you're into westerns, don't skip this one.

But I don’t want to watch anything from the Yellowstoneverse

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

bees x1000 posted:

Watching Ghost in the Shell on Pluto. It's kinda interesting having the movie interrupted by commercials pushing AI.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Ghost in the Shell on the Criterion Channel

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

10 Cloverfield Lane. Not too bad.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

awesome film provided you stop it before the absolutely moronic ending

Yeah I didn’t mind the aliens, but taking down a ship with a Molotov cocktail was pretty stupid. I thought the movie could’ve been better if it just kept it a mystery.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Blockbuster should have flags

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Yeah the movie really should’ve kept what’s going on outside a secret

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Tango and Cash kicks rear end

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

the first time i ever watched tango and cash was on a plane and i was cheering and laughing at the end. then i immediately made my gf watch the last 5 minutes as well, she broke up with me 2 days later

Lol good riddance

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I enjoy watching old movies upgraded to HD or 4K at home, but if I’m going to a theater it better be shown in the original format.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Kicked off Rocktober with Phantom of the Paradise. Been on my ‘to watch’ list for a long time and saw it on Criterion. Not too bad. Songs are ok, and the stage performances are pretty impressive.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Beetlejuice

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

:siren: CRITERION COLLECTION FLASH SALE UP :siren:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

symbolic posted:

Raising Arizona

i went in having read a bit about how it's one of the Coen Bros more straightforward/lighter comedies but it felt much more poignant than that, a familycentric dramedy imo. there's some really funny and more slapstick parts like the car chase where the convenience store clerk just keeps running after Nic Cage to shoot at him and there's just more and more dogs and the fight scene in the trailer showing how shittily it's constructed but most of the humor still comes from the absurd dialogue & the plot circumstances which is what i expect from the Coen Bros. Nic Cage played being a dopey yet devoted ex-con real well and Frances McDormand was great as always even if she was pretty much a bit part here. the ending dream sequence is gonna stick with me i think. in the pantheon of Coen Bros i've seen, it's below No Country and Lebowski but above Caesar (Fargo's also there but i'd have to rewatch it when i'm not completely hammered like the first time)

That’s my favorite Coen Bros film. Everyone absolutely crushes their roles.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Planned on watching it for October, but couldn’t get to it. I love Keanu Reeves and all, but my God this is his worst performance. The set designs and art direction were both fantastic though. Even though it was a split second, I can’t help but wonder if the rats running upside down on the ceiling and the liquid dripping up from the bottle influenced the inverted castle in Symphony of the Night

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lester posted:

who writes a nine-episode season

Studios that want to save money

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Good Burger

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Good Burger 2

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Plutonis posted:

The Talented Mr. Ripley - Matt Damon is gay as hell in this

Hello Matt Damon

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

symbolic posted:

haven't watched Walker yet but it's insanely funny that presumably Walker on the poster is this epic badass lawman-looking guy with a chiseled jaw and rifle, and then the real Walker looks like the Stonks meme stuffed into a suit

lol before Oliver North

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Paprika