Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

watched the wonder on Netflix, big star performance from Florence Pugh who I really liked in it (I had only really seen her in a major role in little women). A pretty cool little movie with some interesting framing choices although i wish there was a bit more tension/ambiguity around the central mystery. Feel like it disappeared without a trace but worth checking it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

trying to jack off posted:

confess, fletch. this was a p decent film and jon hamm was probably born to play this part

that movie kicked rear end, also it was nice that it wasn’t 2+ hrs long, just breezy and funny

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

kind of a testament to how good that movie is that it’s still watchable despite the “anti-aging” being some of the worst poo poo ever put on the screen

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

herculon posted:

I need to pick a baseball movie to watch

the answer is always bull Durham

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

herculon posted:

Unforgiven. One of the all time greats

it’s loving awesome, gene Hackman is like third best part of the movie and it’s one of the best characters ever

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Asteroid City - much better than French dispatch IMO, and pretty funny. Rushmore is still my favorite Wes Anderson but there’s a lot going on here and it’s effective.

This is the end - mcbride is a god

American psycho - it absolutely holds up, it’s still so loving funny

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

thinking about watching blackberry tonight

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

update - blackberry was good, highly entertaining

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

warrior is back and it still kicks rear end

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

extraction 2. thought the first was, like, ok? But this one was loving badass. insane Georgian prison break sequence. they should put this in theaters

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Mission impossible. Kicks rear end, great stunts, all the girls are stunning, 10/10, can’t wait for the next one.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Everyone involved in filming the marvel movies needs to go to jail for wasting Haley atwell, she was incredible in dead reckoning. Absolutely magnetic.

mcquarrie has this gift of making an actress you've seen before and thought was totally fine but nothing special into a shining goddess who nukes everyone else off the screen (see also Vanessa Kirby in fallout).

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

moonstruck. still very funny. nic cage is out of control in this movie, absolutely bonkers. also features a Chubbs Peterson level wooden hand. good date night pick

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

going to see Barbie Friday night then Oppenheimer on 70mm (non imax) Saturday morning…hype as hell. Bought the Oppenheimer tickets Monday night for a Saturday 10am show and the theater was already 3/4 full :pwn:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day posted:

going to see Barbie Friday night then Oppenheimer on 70mm (non imax) Saturday morning…hype as hell. Bought the Oppenheimer tickets Monday night for a Saturday 10am show and the theater was already 3/4 full :pwn:

update: both movies were good, and worth seeing. Wish I had seen Opp in standard imax as I don’t think regular theaters know how to show film prints anymore - my 70mm print had giant lovely looking lines down the middle of the screen for the entire 3 hrs. Speaks to how good the movie was that I forgot about it for long stretches of time. Barbie was just funny as hell.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

2001: a space odyssey. Looks incredibly good streaming on max via my OLED. Better looking than a lot of movies from the Last 10 years.
Had never seen it before but thoroughly enjoyed it. What a flex making the first 3 minutes completely black and forcing me to check that my computer was working.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

wait til you hear about the moon landing

:pwn:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Fargield posted:

Oppenheimer was 3 hours of shot reverse shot talking scenes intercut with explosions and physics explanations you'd hear on big bang theory. Also i fell asleep for part of it. gently caress you christopher nolan

:goofy:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the fishes episode of the bear :pwn:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Poppers posted:

The Bear (season 1)

show is extremely good, and s2 (though somewhat of a slow start) is even better than s1

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Inception. Sorry to say that, actually, it’s good.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

The new D&D movie with 3 people who know zero about D&D, and everyone had a good time. Solid flick

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

(guys runs into a party at 3 am after everyone is passed out or went home) just watched RRR and it’s badass!!!

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

late night, come home. War sucks, I know

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Leadthumb posted:

Just saw Stop Making Sense in theaters. That was really cool, David Byrne is cool.

im taking my kids to go see it today :dukedoge:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day posted:

im taking my kids to go see it today :dukedoge:

Trip report: was awesome to see with kids. David Byrne’s wide array of silly faces and outfits had my 2d grader and kindergartener going nuts.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Indiana Jones and the dial of destiny - 2 hours of crummy action scenes and ok uncharted 2 level tomb puzzle solving (saw the light beams and mirrors in archimedes’ tomb and was like :pwn:). then mysteriously the last five minutes were from an entirely different and much better movie???

The prestige - this movie still owns, god drat

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I got the tude now posted:

i love the classic monologue at the end. really beautiful flick.

Whiplash

absolutely terrifying lol. jk simmons and miles tellers are electric together, with simmon's performance being particularly sinister. probably a top 10 thriller for me.

I loving love this movie so much

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

The killer - good to see fincher back on his grind. Cool, well made, great sound. Great to see in a theater, feel like there used to be lots of movies like this and I miss them

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I don’t have any attachment to spider-Man, so I’m actually dumbfounded that these spiderverse movies exist (just saw the second one on Netflix). I think it has the most spectacular artwork I’ve ever seen in a movie.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Fungah! posted:

ohhh i watched drunken angel. movie fuckin rules, takashi shimura and mifune are incredible. man i miss when movies could just be like, heres two interesting characters. enjoy them.

My dinner with Andre is on Max and is like the ultimate example of this.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

These motherfuckers really did it, we’re getting 4K versions of the abyss, true lies and aliens :letsgo: Digital release before Xmas, discs in March next year.

Pretty tempted by the one night only showing of the abyss in 4K in theaters in a few weeks. That movie kicks rear end.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

The Burial (amazon prime). Pure 90s style courtroom drama, with tommie Lee jones and Jamie foxx doing a Johnnie Cochrane style PI lawyer. Fun as hell if you like courtroom dramas.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

The Caine Mutiny Court Martial (Paramount+) - courtroom drama distilled to its essence, like 95% of it is pure courtroom. William Friedkins last movie, also Lance Reddick’s last movie. Just dudes talking in a room for 2 hours and it loving owns!!!!

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Killers of the Flower Moon - no idea how you make a 200 min movie without filler or dead space but he did it, absolutely insane DeNiro performance too.

Seeing Poor Things tonight. Yorgos crew 👊🏻

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

American McGay posted:

Hell or High Water

Good movie :hai:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Past Lives - romantic, beautiful to look at, sad but not depressing. great date movie

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the holdovers - good Christmas movies for adults do exist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the mission (1999) - Hong Kong crime drama, for some bizarre reason is #37 on the rolling stone 50 best action movies list despite there really only a couple of action scenes. Cool rear end movie about 5 gangsters working as bodyguards for a mob boss.