Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I watched all of Beef yesterday lol. It’s kind of fascinating but feels a little like a 10 episode setup for one punchline. Middle eps drag a little but gets increasingly insane towards the finish and is a good reflection on themes of work, money, happiness, and intergenerational trauma. I would recommend it

Also almost done with the Dead Ringers series and hell I’ll watch two Rachel Weiszes in anything. Has some absolutely amazing shots in episode 5 where they’re sitting at the table for dinner with a descendant of J Marion Sims (extremely evil bastard who did medical experimentation on slave women and invented the speculum) and they’re carving up these little game hens on their plates while he talks about it and you hear all these exaggerated squelches and bones breaking and knives scraping on china. I’m obsessed and highly recommend it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Like 3 minutes of the live action cowboy bebop before turning it off. Curiosity got the best of me and it’s truly as repulsive as you would imagine

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The Bear (season 1)

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The Bear (season 2)

buffalo all day posted:

show is extremely good, and s2 (though somewhat of a slow start) is even better than s1

Yep. It’s good as hell. Season finale has me hosed up.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Baki. Great ending.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I think Millennium Actress is the one Kon film I haven’t seen yet… gotta fix that.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Castlevania Nocturne. Really fun so far. This one stars Richter and I hope they do another series after this starring Soma.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

More movies should end in the middle of a scene like No Country for Old Men imo

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I watched the first one on a plane and it was really quite good actually

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Spiderverse 2. I don’t really remember what happened in the first one but pretty cool.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The Boy and the Heron: it’s ftw

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Jjk finally hooked me after I bounced off it a couple times. The story doesn’t really make much sense but the fights are insane. Definitely some of MAPPAs best work. Mahito vs Mechamaru especially :staredog:

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Yep, it’s ftw

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Sukuna vs. Mahoraga :stare:

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Leadthumb posted:

The live action yu yu hakusho.

Is it good

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

One Piece was decent

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Fungah! posted:

its so stupid they didnt just do s1 as th first couple arcs, retrieving the divine artifacts, urameshi gettin trained, end wth the four beasts and the suzaku fight. theyve adapted like 2/3 of the series already lol. anyway its fine but unnecessary nd the manga/anime are 10000x better

That’s disappointing. The main reason One Piece wasn’t a fat turd was it was just an adaptation of East Blue and they didn’t skip any of the main emotional beats.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

STONE COLD 64 posted:

When Tsuchibana was going over the instructions on how the plane operates and told Koichi he had to pull the red lever to arm the bomb i thought they were setting up a fakeout where he was tricking him into ejecting so he wouldn'thave to see another comrade die in a futile manner. The way they explained later and koichi overcoming his own desire to die was so much better, i cant believe we got a Godzilla movie where the human parts not only don't suck but are really well written character pieces

Lol not clicking or reading just appreciating the spoiler text I haven’t seen before

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Godzilla (1954)

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

They made a bad Santa 2 lol

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Pokemon Concierge. Its cute

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If you haven't watched Gran Torino since release you need to rewatch it right now, lol. It's insanely bad. Horrible acting, cliches out the rear end. it's turned into a comedy over the years

The entire finale is nuts lol. I still remember the Hmong kid banging on the door after Clint Eastwood locks him inside looking like he’s trying not to laugh

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Libraries ftw :cheersdoge:

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The Menu

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Bottoms lol

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Yorgos ftw. Dogtooth is one of my favorite movies

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Double feature dune part 1 and saltburn

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Poor Things

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The Favourite. Yorgos ftw

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

American Fiction

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Sounds like dinner at your house. Lol alright bye

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Dune 2. Bretty gud.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Lol

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Stress Positions. Fun and anxiety inducing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Love Lies Bleeding. Thinking about getting into steroids...