Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

elmer chud posted:

I know the feeling
I really wanted a cat BADLY and couldn't for a long time. Can you get any kind of a pet where you are? What's the situation?
I really want a dog but I'm in the top floor of a building in a city and it's just not ideal for someone with anxiety disorder. I've been thinking about lowering my expectations. Like maybe a rat or something.

Right now I feed sparrows, finches and crows and have a lot of plants, which is pretty alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

-Barfed on the carpet before we woke up
-Followed my wife around while she got ready for work, got brushies
-Looked out the open bedroom window while I cleaned the carpet
-Napped in the cat tree
-Came into the office and yelled at me to follow her to the food bowl - it already had food, she just wanted pets while she eats
-Napped on my spot on the couch
-Came in and yelled at me to follow her again
-Napped in the cat tree again, purred when I stuck my face in her side
-Currently napping on my side of the bed

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Das Boo posted:

Cannot play bideojames.

Nice try, but that's clearly ALF.

Superfly, the Gaming Cat (tm), has currently transformed herself into a volcanic tube worm

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Radio Paranoia posted:

Condolences. My one 20 year old passed a few months ago and it's still very raw. Her sister really misses her too, especially with winter rolling in.
Do you have any kind of memorial of him?

Thanks. He's getting cremated and placed next to my dad since they were never far apart. That's him in the foreground.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i like to pinch their tails with my toes

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
A tense moment just now as both of them wanted to sit with me on the couch

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jelly posted:

I really want a dog but I'm in the top floor of a building in a city and it's just not ideal for someone with anxiety disorder. I've been thinking about lowering my expectations. Like maybe a rat or something.

Right now I feed sparrows, finches and crows and have a lot of plants, which is pretty alright.
I have anxiety too, it's so much worse than depression ughhhh

A cat does very well in an apartment, I hope you can get one. I've had both. Dogs are more work, more of a pain. For me my cat provided equal amount of companionship it was just different
Get a cat if you can!!!!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
She snuck out while my wife was watering the tomatoes on the porch.
I woke up to loud meowing outside the front door. She was done with her little adventure and wanted back in.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

runchild posted:

-Barfed on the carpet before we woke up
-Followed my wife around while she got ready for work, got brushies
-Looked out the open bedroom window while I cleaned the carpet
-Napped in the cat tree
-Came into the office and yelled at me to follow her to the food bowl - it already had food, she just wanted pets while she eats
-Napped on my spot on the couch
-Came in and yelled at me to follow her again
-Napped in the cat tree again, purred when I stuck my face in her side
-Currently napping on my side of the bed

Are her eyebrows crazy long?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I made myself a tuna fish sandwich and squeezed the tuna juice out into Luke Duke’s bowl and the son of a bitch just ignored it. Now he’s just sitting on the coffee table staring at me.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
He just walked by on his way to his box to take a poo poo

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Benny Harvey posted:

Are her eyebrows crazy long?

They’re pretty big. They’re also thick white whiskers against her black fur so they really stand out.

Update on her day:
-greeted me at the door when I got back from a bike ride
-kept a close eye on the neighbor dog from atop the cat tree
-hissed at my sister and her friend (not a fan of loud visitors) but got over it and accepted head scratches before they left
-watched us eat dinner from the back of the nice chair
-currently chilling on the seat of the nice chair

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Heard a commotion in my porch this afternoon and had to recuse a wren from my cat.

Bird was fine. I put it outside but was almost an hour before the shock wore off and then it took off.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Deuteronomy and Jupiter just got over their 9 o'clock crazies and are settling down for bed before I go to work tonight. I dont know what they do when I'm gone but they always say hi when I get home and then demand breakfast.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

She’s been strutting her stuff on the catwalk. And also meowing incessantly for the past hour or so. No one can figure out why. :iiam:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Dick Fontaine posted:

She’s been strutting her stuff on the catwalk. And also meowing incessantly for the past hour or so. No one can figure out why. :iiam:

she's trying to tell you that humanity's reckless use of nuclear power is what's keeping us from being welcomed into the galactic community. I hear it from my cat all the time.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

she's trying to tell you that humanity's reckless use of nuclear power is what's keeping us from being welcomed into the galactic community. I hear it from my cat all the time.

Wait thats what the little bastards are always whining about?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Peggy Edson posted:

I spent $900 at the e-vet for one of them earlier this week because she stopped eating. Blood and urine were 100% normal. Taking her to the regular vet today for more tests. :sigh: She's 14 and is sleeping in the heated bed.

She has 5 rotten teeth lmao. Waiting for the vet to finish extracting them.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

He laid in the back yard all day in his box*

*he died in March

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

I'm crazy allergic to cats. I still love them and I'm envious of everyone who isn't allergic.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Nearly made a heart while lying in a sunbeam

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Fuckin NOTHIN

I guess she did hide from the swamp cooler

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
One of em barfed on the couch.

Thanks buddy ❤️

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
look at all these pro cats! loving pro as poo poo!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i can take any cat in a fight

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol a largish cat would destroy you

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Meowed at the bunnies outside at 5:30 am to ensure I'm awake

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
My favorite thing cats do, is inspire their owners to record them doing things cats have been doing for thousands of years, then uploading the videos to YouTube where sometimes they generate millions of views and make their owners moneys.

Cat wiggles butt then pounces. Million views easy!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wendigee posted:

Lol a largish cat would destroy you

What, like 20 pounds? I still win.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Whined for his morning lick’em snack
Whined for his window to be opened
Whined to be carried to his open window
Napped

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
It's gotten cool enough in here that Sully has gone back to using my rear end for warmth

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Got woken up by my younger cat barfing

At least he does it on the hardwood so, small victories

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Sprawled dramatically

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Last week one of my cats was on my bed and started making retching noises, so I quickly lifted her up to place her on the floor instead, but she started throwing up mid air and it splattered all over the floor and on my feet

loving love cats man

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

skasion posted:

Sprawled dramatically

Twinsies

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
This wasn’t today but

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

This wasn’t today but

Same, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Acted like a pussy.