Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

One time when she was still a baby Sekhmet stared us both in the face while she balanced on the edge of the litterbox, poo poo on the tile and then tried to bury it.

I still think it was a warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Mx. posted:

my cat does it to disrespect me. if he's mad at me (i've taken him to the vet recently, he only got one breakfast that day, I didn't give him his hourlong post-dinner cuddle) he shits directly in front of the litter

get a second litter box. Put it in front of the first one to catch the revenge shits

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Or just get a bigger box. I use those large Rubbermaid clear containers that are like 8 in deep and like 6 sq ft.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Yeah fill the house with litter, go all the way to the property boundary outside too

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I usually give my cats treats at about 8:30pm

Tonight I was very tired, so I went to bed at 8 and forgot about giving them treats. As expected, my buddy Oz kept coming in the bedroom and crying, then jumping up on the bed and curling up in my armpit and cuddling against my chest. This is what he does when he wants me to wake up. I decided to just keep going back to sleep every time.

After 20+ instances of him coming in, waking me up and doing this whole routine I figured "Alright, it's probably at least like 4am, I should just get up". So I got up and it was 10:15pm.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Felix rested all day since it is mild weather. Then waited around for 2 hours for dinner. He is now snoring at my feet after a long day.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I don't think it's physically possible for my cat to be spiteful towards me. She might be obnoxious and making noise at night by purposefully moving things around on my computer desk so they make a banging noise when I'm trying to sleep, but that's only because she loves me and wants to get my attention so I can play more with her.

Being around other animals and especially cats, though, hoo boy. She can mean and spiteful as gently caress toward other animals, but she's mainly a big scaredy cat that hisses a big game without follow-through. She likes humans at least.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

kaom posted:

I have no credentials past “didn’t know anything about cats, did a tonne of research to prep for cats” but I’m also of the understanding that cats have no concept of a complex emotion like spite. Litter box issues are usually down to something else like preference (e.g. the litter hurts their paws), age/health (e.g. arthritis can make it hard to get in and out of some boxes comfortably), or stress (e.g. separation anxiety, change in routine, vet visits, territorial anxiety). Obviously I don’t know anything about anything but I wouldn’t jump to “spite” as a first guess. Don’t want to argue with anyone in the chill cat thread just putting it out there as something to maybe dig into more if you think you need to. :shrug:

Cats do not have a concept of spite

Conceptualizing something and experiencing it are two different things however

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

Yeah fill the house with litter, go all the way to the property boundary outside too

Cat immediately shits on the neighbor’s lawn

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

yeah I wouldn't say they feel spite like people do, and a lot of people do attribute poo poo to their cats being upset/angry that they really shouldn't

if you go away for long enough, the chances your cat will poo poo somewhere like in a shoe, or a pile of clothes, for you to find later go up exponentially. lots of people attribute this to the animal being angry and vindictive, but more likely it thinks you're lost and it's trying to help you find your way home through scent, or its just really distressed and let out an upset poop while hanging around something that smells like you bc its lonely.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Marie burned with seething rage at Versa who committed the crime of coughing

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Maybe not but they definitely have a concept of gently caress you.

There was that one goon whose cat took a poo poo in the bushes that the other cat liked to hang out in and then was all smug as gently caress about it after.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Cats have a good understanding of ownership and theft. They know perfectly well what it means to jack someone's poo poo because gently caress that guy.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Das Boo posted:

Cats have a good understanding of ownership and theft. They know perfectly well what it means to jack someone's poo poo because gently caress that guy.
In other words, cats are both hilarious and dope as gently caress.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Pinot is currently napping on my lap as I watch Christian Pulisic play soccer. Patriots all here.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Skrungus

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Clementine has a sixth sense for when I have to pee. That is always, without fail, the time she decides to curl up on my lap and go to sleep. :negative: save me

i love skrungus

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Excellent mise en scene with the hair dryer

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

cool sheep

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

One of them harassed one of the other ones

https://i.imgur.com/tLQeKEp.mp4

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I got a new mattress, and it's about 3-4 inches taller than my old one. My cat can still make the jump up, but she's not happy about it and complains at me every time.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Noticed she had not gone in one of her boxes for a day and a half. It was her favorite box, where she does 90% of her shits.

Nothing had changed with the box. Same litter. Cleaned daily. She's using the other box fine.

Put completely fresh litter in the box. She peed in it within two minutes. I guess she just didn't think her toilet was clean enough.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Lord Hydronium posted:

I got a new mattress, and it's about 3-4 inches taller than my old one. My cat can still make the jump up, but she's not happy about it and complains at me every time.

But once she is up she can see higher so I assume it evens out

Rain Brain
Dec 15, 2006

in ghostlier demarcations, keener sounds

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Noon just ate all my mom's ice cream. It was Haagen Dazs caramel cone.
She gonna git fat.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Marie is extremely sad and disappointed that we got the snake out

(yes that computer has no side panel on - don't worry about it)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

:pwn:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Got spayed and fighting the e-collar.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Got spayed and fighting the e-collar.

Sorry to hear. How's your cat though?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Nobody Interesting posted:

She really must have clogged that toilet up bad

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

No. 6 posted:

High on drugs and hungry.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

No. 6 posted:

lol

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Nobody Interesting posted:

(yes that computer has no side panel on - don't worry about it)

pics of the snake?

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Him sleep.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The little one ate too fast then vomited down the wall and all over the cat tree then the other two came and helped her eat it again.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Megabound posted:

The little one ate too fast then vomited down the wall and all over the cat tree then the other two came and helped her eat it again.

cats are such elegant and majestic creatures

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I simply don’t let my cats eat puke

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

thirsted for bunny blood

there was a storm last night that blew that piece of trash into my yard, please don't tell the newspaper I have trash in my yard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

One cat yelled at me for extra food, then decided not to eat it.