Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

He killed a bee and then I brushed like six pounds of hair off of him while cradling him in my arms like a baby and and then he ate breakfast and curled up in my armpit while I laid in bed and watched Cell with John Cusack and Samuel L Jackson, now he's lurking on one of the chairs underneath the dining table and screeching about food any time I walk by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My other cat has laid atop a stack of cardboard boxes in the garage surveying her kingdom, only coming down to give me the royal trill and rub against my leg before eating breakfast and returning to her castle

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I just woke up and fed my cats breakfast then witnessed one of them catch and eat a moth

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My cat Oz likes to sneak into the bathtub after I take a shower and it dries off and he lays down and purrs and rubs himself all over the tub and he thinks I don't know he does it but I stand there on the other side of the shower curtain laughing at him every time

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Today he's playing a game where every 5 minutes he runs into my room and goes into the corner behind the door and fires his weaponized "mrow-MROW!" cry that scrambles my brain like a spatula on eggs then he runs away

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

They are wondering wtf I am doing and why I stopped halfway through drying their food bowls for breakfast to pull out my phone.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My buddy Oz is a very special cat for all kinds of reasons. One is that he has Central Heterochromia, both of his eyes are a gradient from blue (center) to brown (edges) and it's hella cool
It's incredibly hard to get a good picture of because you need to look him dead in the eyes with good natural light but here are some from right now while he was laying on my belly for his post-lunch cuddle sesh

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 21, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Peggy Edson posted:

Laid on my lap like this

Oz has demanded a bare minimum of 30 minutes of this while I comb his hair every single day since the day I adopted him almost 3 years ago

When I'm not holding the camera or combing him he wants to hug my other hand :3:

e: also he usually drools all over my shirt the whole time

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 27, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Whenever my cats are anxious I just change shirts and give them the shirt I was wearing to lay on and they calm down but also sometimes they don't calm down and they start throwing my shirt all around the room playing with it and rabbit kicking it

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

If cat's gonna just lay down and snooze like that then you better be diving in to that belleh face first and smooching that tummy like crazy

I've been told never to do this, but especially with dogs, because some of them can basically get in a zone where they spend the rest of their natural lives staring at a wall waiting for a dot to appear. Like, actually sad poo poo where they cat or dog will just look at the wall every day for hours and hours just waiting for it to come back.

I think you just described humans and the UFO phenomenon

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I keep a jar of treats in the kitchen, and obviously my cats have learned to recognize the sound of that jar being opened and they show up immediately.

So for the last month I've been taking extra treats out of the jar every time I open it and hiding them in places the cats can't see, like on top of bookshelves. Now occasionally I'll walk up to one and say "Abra cadabra!" and procure treats. My cats think I'm a wizard, and I can successfully cast Summon Cat by saying "Abra Cadabra" now.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 21, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Every time I go outside to smoke they lay at the door waiting for me

https://i.imgur.com/bZz7USF.mp4

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This is my cats' designated scratching chair, and this is my cat millie mid-yawn

https://i.imgur.com/qLqst7K.mp4

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Cried a whole bunch because he lost his favorite toy and I can't find it

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

now he fell asleep in my lap but he's so big he can't just sit on my lap i have to cradle him in my arms like a baby and he's probably going to be here for like an hour :3:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

He woke up then cried for 30mins because it's overcast and he wanted the sun to be out. Then when the sun came out he cried for another 30mins wanting me to comb his hair. So I combed his hair then he ate and went to sleep.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

fell asleep on my belly I havent been able to move for a whole hour

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

He ate his whole breakfast, then half of his sister's breakfast, then some dry food, then he screamed at me for 20 minutes demanding treats before he finally gave up and went to sleep.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I have to keep three chairs at my desk because my cats like to sit at my desk with me and right now they're napping on either side of me.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

He turned down treats I gave him for literally the first time in his life and now I'm worried about him :ohdear:

e: He went back and ate them after sniffing his mom's butt

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 30, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

He's been screaming at me for an hour and I just finally found out it was because I was sitting on the chair he wanted to sit on

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

I profoundly fear my cats getting old and having to put them down

god damnit

:same:

My cats are mom + son and I know one's going to be sad as hell along with me when the other eventually passes

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

eh's practicing his Blue Steel

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

He woke me up to remind me that he's the only thing in the universe that matters and that I should get up and cradle him in my arms like a baby immediately.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

RIP to a real one. Seeing my cats suffer like that is my worst nightmare I'm sorry goon, my condolences. You did the right thing by letting him pass peacefully :hai:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

We just completed our 5th mandatory (per him) half-hour of cuddling for the day

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Helpimscared posted:

(I don't have a cat)

That does sound like hell

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Woke me up because he wanted to hug my hand but it was under the covers

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

He tried to lay down on top of his mom and his mom made this face at me to let me know she wanted me to do something about it

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

He's been negotiating trades of squeaks for belly scritches all night

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Oz's favorite thing in the world is getting scritches on his chin + neck and he always thinks that's what you should do to humans so when he's laying on my lap he reaches up and rakes my chin and neck with his claws and today he scratched my throat :argh:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Curled up in my armpit and insomnia-marathoned 3 whole mission impossible movies with me

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

They played so hard while I was asleep that they knocked over 2 chairs and my laundry hamper

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I used to think dogs are cool but it turns out cats are so much cooler that dogs are obsolete, and I maintain that people who don't like cats have just never treated cats well and/or never had their own cat

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 28, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Oz discovered that if he takes a running leap at a desk chair he has enough momentum to skateboard around the room on it and he did that like 4 times until he crashed into the wall and scared himself

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

He slept on my foot and now my foot is made out of cooked meat like it was in a crock pot all night

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

RC and Moon Pie posted:

My cat is obsessed with a plastic bag. Not with playing with it, but sleeping on it. She has multiple beds in different areas. She has couches and chairs and human beds.

No, it's this big sack she sleeps on every night.

Millie does this with a yellow microfiber rag. She will carry it around the house and lay on it for hours on end

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

He woke me up earlier than I wanted to wake up by repeatedly jumping up on my bed and yelling at me, all because he wanted me to get up and sit at my desk so he could nap on the chair next to me

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I've been rubbing her chin for almost an hour but every time I try to move my hand away she grabs it with both paws + light claws and pulls it back to her neck

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I did the slow blink at him and as I was opening my eyes I saw that he was also opening his eyes from a slow blink that he did while my eyes were closed. It's like high-fiving a cat