Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

We bought them a new toy. They attacked my feet under the blanket instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

The whole time I ate breakfast she rolled around under my chair attacking my housecoat and yelling about how much fun it was. :3:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I took down the Halloween display. Anything string-like got taken for a tour of the house before I could confiscate it all.

Poohs Packin posted:

She got a new squid toy that she really likes quite a bit. She started incessantly meowing at it at about 4am because she was excited to play.

I love when my cats do this too, they love to run around meowing with their favourites in their mouth. :kimchi:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Whoa your cat poofed up!! :eyepop: That MANE.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Ate 3/4 of her dinner then wandered around the living room trying to eat random debris off the floor like we’re starving her. :psyduck:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Jumped into bed and bit my ankle at 5:30am to take its pre-warmed spot.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I’m so sorry.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Our cats were very brave today and watched the delivery person come by from the top of the stairs instead of hiding under the bed. :3: I’m so proud of them.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

She found me five minutes before kitty dinner time and led me to the drawer where we keep the cat food.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I woke up early from a nightmare and before I even made it to the top of the stairs she was there, rubbing against my legs and purring. :kimchi:

I am heartless and made everyone wait for their normal breakfast time.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

She was so excited I was up late that mashing her face into my chin wasn’t enough so she stood up to head butt me right in the eye.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Anderson Koopa posted:

Also Cocoa inspected my wall fairly closely.

lol we also have a wall inspector. I have no idea what she’s looking for every night.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

She actually found a water leak once, so…

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

They were super excited for their dinner, then ran away betrayed when it wasn’t beef. :sigh:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I draped my coat over the back of a kitchen chair which has created a new hiding place they both LOVE. They keep sitting underneath me at the table and chasing each other in and out. :3:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Interrupted a meeting by jumping up onto my desk and ramming me in the face so hard she slipped back off again.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Powerful Katrinka posted:

That rules. What did the other people say?

They were mostly just surprised which cat it was, our other one is the usual interruptor. :catstare:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I overwatered one of our indoor plants and water starting escaping out the bottom of the pot. In the time it took me to grab a towel, one cat started drinking the water and the other decided to roll in it. :sweatdrop:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

How long did it take for the size difference to show up?

We have a pair from the same litter as well, no idea if they’re both finished growing or not. They woke me up this morning by activating the controls for the sit/stand desk and then panicking about it.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I have no credentials past “didn’t know anything about cats, did a tonne of research to prep for cats” but I’m also of the understanding that cats have no concept of a complex emotion like spite. Litter box issues are usually down to something else like preference (e.g. the litter hurts their paws), age/health (e.g. arthritis can make it hard to get in and out of some boxes comfortably), or stress (e.g. separation anxiety, change in routine, vet visits, territorial anxiety). Obviously I don’t know anything about anything but I wouldn’t jump to “spite” as a first guess. Don’t want to argue with anyone in the chill cat thread just putting it out there as something to maybe dig into more if you think you need to. :shrug:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

If enough cat spite stories are posted maybe I can be convinced. :hmmyes:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

11pm: She arrives in the bedroom and flops on the floor begging for pets, moving 6 inches away and repeating the process every time I touch her, trying to lure me downstairs for playtime (it is bedtime).

6am: She comes back and starts pouncing on my hands and feet under the covers, obviously now it’s playtime (still no).

8am: The ribbon toy comes out but both cats are too tired from their 6-8am antics to chase it.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

She started begging for dinner an hour early last night and she looked so pathetic that I caved and split the difference, putting it out 30min early.

Then she begged again at the usual time anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Straight-up growled at another cat visiting the backyard. :catstare: