Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Dabir posted:

Came into the kitchen while I was making a sandwich, sneezed a load of snot all over her whiskers and licked it up while staring at me. She's had the sneezes for months and we can't work out why, poor thing.

Pick up some L-Lysine from the store, might help the little baby with the sneezes.

My cat, Peppercorn Banshee, is currently on my thighs, purring up a storm and warming my legs up :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
give them teensy masks

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
chased the eclipse as I viewed through a collander

gotta kill them little dots, even if they're half-moons!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Shithouse Dave posted:

My ol fat girl trundles requires me to keep puppy pee pads under the litterboxes. I have enclosed ones, and while they are fully large enough for her portly rear end, she frequently doesn’t get all the way inside to pee. I know she CAN, she shits in a box just fine, but for reasons unknown to me, she gets most of her body in the box and half the time hangs her butt out the doorway, and just goes “yeah good enough”.
Then she very carefully piles the litter inside the doorway where she didn’t pee, comes out and does a couple of cursory scratches at the pee pad and saunters off, slightly embarrassed and slightly “whatcha gon’ do, eh?”

Not sure whether your turd piles are close enough to the box to plausibly be the cat forgetting where it’s rear end is, but their brains are very small and smooth so it’s a possibility.

not sure if you or madmatt have tried, but there's top-entry litterboxes which make this basically impossible. I love mine bc it prevents the usual 'kicks the litter out as they bury their poos' situation

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Cats do not have a concept of spite

Conceptualizing something and experiencing it are two different things however

yeah I wouldn't say they feel spite like people do, and a lot of people do attribute poo poo to their cats being upset/angry that they really shouldn't

if you go away for long enough, the chances your cat will poo poo somewhere like in a shoe, or a pile of clothes, for you to find later go up exponentially. lots of people attribute this to the animal being angry and vindictive, but more likely it thinks you're lost and it's trying to help you find your way home through scent, or its just really distressed and let out an upset poop while hanging around something that smells like you bc its lonely.