Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Sleeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I just moved to a new, bigger apartment, so my cat has been meowing and yowling constantly because it's all alien to her.

I'm trying to comfort her the best I can. :(

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

YeahTubaMike posted:

:sympathy: I moved into my current, also bigger apartment 4 months ago, and I figured my cat would love it by now but alas. Good luck with your cat.

Good news now, at least! My cat has fully adjusted to the new apartment and has quickly taken up sunning on the balcony and staring out from the window as her new favorite hobbies.

The windowed side of the apartment gets a ton of summer sun and heat in the afternoon, so the floor is still toasty even at night. She's clearly in her glory. :D

E: does anyone's cat get excited after taking a poo poo? Sometimes my cat will use her litterbox then get really excited and run around the house from zoomies.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jun 15, 2023

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Stare at me while I'm reviewing for a style guide quiz.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

About ready to pounce.

I love playing this game with her where I hide just out of view. It really gets her going to play and pounce after me, obviously she loves it too. :D

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Messed around and found out.

I really need to get her claws trimmed.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I usually let my cat to go check out the hallway and do her inspection tour, but she did not expect to see someone mopping in the hallway and ran off like her life depended on it. She came back with her tail fluffed either out of terror or ready to beat somebody's rear end for getting scared to death.

E:

Earlier she was super fixated on whatever was going on outside and it took a few times calling her name for her to respond and acknowledge my presence.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Grabbed my arm with both paws while we were lying down together then proceeded to bunny kick me to show her affection for me.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I fell asleep on my bed and woke up three hours later with my cat nestled in my arm.

She's such a sweetheart. :ohdear:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Shithouse Dave posted:

I had my hair in a braid and bent down to pet Clarence. He saw the braid dangling down and thought it was a thing to play with. I moved my head, and he missed swiping the braid and clawed me on the end of my nose.
He looked very concerned when I went “ow!” and started dabbing at the cut with a paper towel. Then he sat on my lap for a solid half hour to make sure I was ok and not mad.
I have a very obvious ding on my nose now, but I ain’t mad, it was an accident.

Yeah there's a pretty huge difference between a cat accidentally scratching you and one that's out for blood.

My cat will very gingerly try to grab my finger so she can sniff and lick it. Also, whenever she's in play mode and grabs my hand she is very careful to nibble gently then goes to lick it like "I hope that didn't hurt you :ohdear:"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I was attending an online Chinese class, but my cat literally forced her way into my lap and pressured me into petting her and giving her attention.

She's pretty smart and knows when my attention is focused on my Chinese class so she gets pretty jealous and baits me for attention.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 31, 2024

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I haven't posted here in a while, so allow me to rectify that.

Ella wanted to combine head bunting with curling up to get comfy, but she just stayed like this for a while.

She must have sensed I would be going on a long trip soon because she's been unusually clingy and affectionate as of late. :shobon:

Indecent and graceless.

Just a cat doing cat things.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

FlamingLiberal posted:

She made it to 15, she had a good run. We found her when we were both up at college and she was an abandoned stray kitten.

Sorry for your loss. :sympathy:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
My cat was playing with and chewing on the charging cable to my phone. I told her off. She then proceeded to attack and play with my arm.

The equivalent of “no, gently caress YOU, dad!” :mad: in cat language.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Won't stop begging me for a midnight snack of catfood.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Two displays of animal intelligence and unbearable sweetness:

1.) I woke up and early and couldn't sleep, so I was sitting up in bed when Ella got the zoomies and was running back and forth. Suddenly she jumped on to the bed, looked me dead in the eye while touching my shoulder gently with her paw then ran to the door to be let out into the hallway to go wander. She definitely earned that one.

2.) I have to work Saturdays again for overtime so Ella didn't realize why I was getting dressed to leave. She was already getting comfortable and laying on her side, so when I was about to get up she stretched out both paws and made a sad mrph sound, like "don't leave me!" I let her grab my arm and she gently nibbled and licked it. :ohdear:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

She got the zoomies, with sound effects that almost always come after she's gone number two. Rrrrr.

Yo, my cat also tends to get the zoomies after taking a poo poo. I think she's a nervous pooper too, because sometimes she will pace back and forth and meow at me before finally doing her business. On top of that, once the litter box cleans itself Ella has to go back and sniff to check what changed.

Seriously, why do cats do this?

Mx. posted:

I want to go home to my cat I'm sick of work

Work would be much more tolerable if I could just work from home everyday or at least do hybrid schedule. Getting work done is much more comfortable with a cat at your side.

e: BTW I highly recommend automated litter and food/water feeder, the latter especially so your cat thinks it's your food bowl's responsibility to provide food and not you, the human.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 16, 2024

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Went to sleep alone, woke up this morning with my cat laying next to my arm.

I love these little love surprises. :3:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Ran around like a goddamn maniac when I just wanted to sleep in a bit more before getting up to shower and get ready for work. :mad:

E: Taking a nap with Ella now. All is forgiven.

Sometimes she really enjoys getting head and nose rubs.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 22, 2024

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
BTW: By nose rubs, I don't mean nose boops on the front of her nose (not that she minds), but rather stroking the bridge of her nose up to the top of her head.

I wonder if she'd like one of those head scratchers with the multiple thin metal bands, if you know what I'm talking about.

This thing:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Got a certified blep moment while I was patting her booty and back.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

She fell off the top of the computer tower in her sleep, but she’s playing it cool and pretending like nothing happened.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I literally can't imagine just dumping a pet when you move away, absolute psycho poo poo.

:same:

Pets are family. Just giving up on a pet because it becomes too inconvenient is unconscionable and inconceivable to me.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Did her best impression of an ancient Sphinx.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I couldn't sleep last night, so Ella and I simply enjoyed the glow of the "fireplace" together. ☺️

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

She was transfixed watching the air conditioner open and turn on. She didn't take her paws off my leg for at least several minutes while she stared entranced.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That cat has a pretty coat

Thanks. :) I think she's gorgeous too. Scanning her in Google says she's a Turkish Van and I guess they typically have this kind of coat. I originally adopted her and found out she had been passed over several times for months which is crazy to me, so I feel lucky to have her. :3:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Got some cat snack paste on her nose but still maintaining her dignity.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I don't think it's physically possible for my cat to be spiteful towards me. She might be obnoxious and making noise at night by purposefully moving things around on my computer desk so they make a banging noise when I'm trying to sleep, but that's only because she loves me and wants to get my attention so I can play more with her.

Being around other animals and especially cats, though, hoo boy. She can mean and spiteful as gently caress toward other animals, but she's mainly a big scaredy cat that hisses a big game without follow-through. She likes humans at least.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

beepo posted:

I made some salmon last night so my lil buddy was very happy with leftovers for breakfast this morning

Hopefully it doesn't have any seasonings or oil etc on it. I've heard boiled chicken or fish is fine for cats but human extras are a no-no.

Ella often will come to see what I'm cooking and sniff it but doesn't actively beg to eat it. I boiled some chicken and decided to have her try some, but it took me shredding it up and putting it in her food bowl to show her that yes, she can in fact eat it.

On the other hand, if I can't find my cat in the apartment, all I have to do is unscrew the cat treat paste bag which makes a loud crkcrk sound. That makes he comes running over in moments flat.

e: Unrelated, but when I've turned off the lights and am about to settle down for bed, my cat often likes to get on top of my computer desk and start batting things around to get my attention. If I try to go after her directly, she just jumps off behind the desk where I can't reach her. I've found a consistent solution to this by instead going to the front door and making noise to attract her attention, maybe getting her to think she can go out to the hallway (she loves venturing into the apartment hallway). Once she's gotten far enough away from my bedroom, I'll go back and close the door behind me.

Checkmate, cat. :smug: Outwitted and outplayed every time.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 13, 2024

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Decided that sitting in a closet for several hours was a good and entertaining use of her time.

Also, taking pictures of cats mid-yawn will never not produce hilarious results. :colbert:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I'm borrowing a coworker's piano since I feel motivated to finally learn how to play. Ella is super interested in what this strange thing is that makes a bunch of weird noise and why I'm so interested in it.

So, she's either a great audience member or jealous of the white thing that she thinks is replacing her (she kept wanting to jump onto it). Maybe both.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I've recently borrowed a digital piano from a coworker of mine to try my hand at learning it.

I don't know what it is, whether Ella has never heard a piano before or that I'm focusing on it so intently, but it has caused her to run around like a madwoman with zoomies several times now, jumping over the couch and running back and forth. No idea why this would give her such intense zoomies, but here we are.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Ella was very patient watching me while I was cooking and eating dinner, but as soon as I walked up next to her she just gave me a loud and authoritative meow to let her outside for a walkabout.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Woke up today looking like a stunner. I love seeing cats with a paw stuck out in a dramatic fashion like beauty queens.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Showed off a lot of different moods and looks while watching me wake up this morning.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Did her best impression of a raccoon and knocked over a trash can, scattering garbage everything trying to get at used cat treat containers and old tuna cans.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I was finishing packing and getting ready to leave for my trip to Japan when Ella started meowing a lot and getting cuddly. Made me tear up a bit. :(

It’s okay, baby. Daddy’s only going to be gone for a few days. I love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Just realized it's been a while since I last gave an Ella update:

Got a bit too comfortable while I was trying to attend my online Chinese class.

Briefly woke up then fell asleep, only to wake up later and find Ella lying by my arm.

Noticed Ella fell asleep on her scratchboard and/or looking outside.

Ella got spooked by something while patrolling the outside hallway, so she ran back into the apartment and perched on my leg for comfort and to watch for intruders.

I once again decided to nap after waking up, so Ella once again decided to join me.

She’s a good girl. :)

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 11:05 on May 16, 2024