Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I got her an automatic laser pointer that turns on every hour and a half for 10 minutes so alternating between napping and losing her loving mind while I’m at work I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Sat directly in front of the window unit for an hour so she gets all the cold air

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Tarkus posted:

My cat started a new tech company and cooked a delicious breakfast, all before 6AM. What does your cat do? hmmm?

My cat yells at me for a delicious breakfast also before 6AM.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

bitterandtwisted posted:

My cat's favourite ways to tell me to get up and feed her at 5am:
Stand on my chest and launch herself onto the windowsill
Play in the windowblinds
Perch on the headboard and purr a few inches from my head
Extend paw and gently pat my head
Pat my head again with a claw just slightly extended to remind me violence is an option

this shits the exact reason i got an auto feeder for the morning. still give her a can of wet in the evening for the hydration

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Got my cat an automatic laser pointer that turns on every hour or so a couple weeks ago. She loves it too much. It ran out of battery last night and after waking up I walked into to her staring at the wall waiting for it to turn on

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

blight rhino posted:

yeah, wtf, I've never had a cat, but have been around plenty and i've never seen this. it doesn't even look comfortable.

She’s facing the bedroom door to protect the den from intruders.

The legs are an unfortunate compromise between the need to sleep and the need to quickly neutralize threats

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

If cat's gonna just lay down and snooze like that then you better be diving in to that belleh face first and smooching that tummy like crazy

I've been told never to do this, but especially with dogs, because some of them can basically get in a zone where they spend the rest of their natural lives staring at a wall waiting for a dot to appear. Like, actually sad poo poo where they cat or dog will just look at the wall every day for hours and hours just waiting for it to come back.

I had no idea that lasers were basically cat crack

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Got her claws stuck on the armchair and screamed until she got it unstuck.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Aishlinn posted:

Decomposed 1 day further. i miss you buddy :negative:

may the cat distribution system bless u once more

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

YeahTubaMike posted:

My cat ate a centipede today!

Oh yeah, it's weird. Like they're using you to pet themselves or something.

when im lazy and watching TV ill just hover my hand over the floor downwards and my cat will just walk through a couple times for some drive thru pets like an automated car wash

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Caught my cat rubbing her face all over the dog toys. Toys of the dog she hates. :3:

cats are so funny when they pretend to hate someone for the look of the thing

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Anderson Koopa posted:

Anyone have a cat that will follow commands? My wee one will come if you make a clicking noise and tap your fingers together. She also has sat for me when I asked her to sit, not sure if she learned that one from the dog. I'm kind of curious if she is able to replicate that behavior.

No but I’ve made requests of my cat and she’s followed them when she feels inclined.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Ceciltron posted:

Meowed to be let in to the small guest room I use as a home office.

Meowed to be let out of the small guest room I use as a home office.

Did this too many times to count. Mercifully my coworkers have told me they can't hear her wailing for attention.

Why are you closing the door? This is an unforgivable crime for cats. Next you’ll tell me you were two minutes late for breakfast

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

I wonder if it's easier to drink that way? As I understand it adult cats aren't capable of sucking and have to flick water into their mouths with their tongues. Having the water come from a tap would mean they're not working against gravity to do that.

It’s also running water. A lot of weird poo poo cats do is because they’re only half domesticated and there’s reasons for it in the wild. Still water gathers bacteria running water is generally safer and cleaner. There’s an evolutionary advantage for the preference

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

kaom posted:

I have no credentials past “didn’t know anything about cats, did a tonne of research to prep for cats” but I’m also of the understanding that cats have no concept of a complex emotion like spite. Litter box issues are usually down to something else like preference (e.g. the litter hurts their paws), age/health (e.g. arthritis can make it hard to get in and out of some boxes comfortably), or stress (e.g. separation anxiety, change in routine, vet visits, territorial anxiety). Obviously I don’t know anything about anything but I wouldn’t jump to “spite” as a first guess. Don’t want to argue with anyone in the chill cat thread just putting it out there as something to maybe dig into more if you think you need to. :shrug:

Cats do not have a concept of spite

Conceptualizing something and experiencing it are two different things however

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Lord Hydronium posted:

I got a new mattress, and it's about 3-4 inches taller than my old one. My cat can still make the jump up, but she's not happy about it and complains at me every time.

But once she is up she can see higher so I assume it evens out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

My cat chews on my fake plants