Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ate seconds.

Usually when she's done with her wet food, she's done. She won't eat out of the bowl again until it's clean, with fresh food. Savory Centers brought her back for more. She hasn't even begged for treats since.

This evening, she has asked to be brushed. I wonder about her previous life because she likes to be brushed hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Refuses to let me put the clean sheets back on the bed because she is asleep on the bare mattress.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Has developed into a spoiled rotten monster. She demands multiple brushings per day. She loves leading your around various rooms until finally going to her favorite brushing spot. Though if you tell her to cut the crap, she'll got straight to the brushing spot.

In good news, she will now eat her healthy cat food without any mixers. Tiki Cat Aloha and BFF gravy are her favorites.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Took a dump in one of her boxes within 10 minutes of fresh litter being added.

The rest of her day consisted of whining for brushes, whining for treats and sleeping.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Had not been using one of her litter boxes despite it being cleaned.

Finally figured out that she was protesting the litter. My girl likes her litter very deep she wanted it topped off. She has since approved the now mountain of litter by peeing in it.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mx. posted:

my cat requires the perfect mix of two different types of litters that he can carefully shape into a single pile otherwise he will poo poo on the floor

The boxes are emptied daily, but a few years ago during some family stress, they were forgotten once or twice for a second day. Her response was to protest poo poo in the shower.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ate way too fast and puked an impressive amount on three surfaces, a new record for her.

Is there a slow/puzzle feeder for wet food?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Anderson Koopa posted:

Anyone have a cat that will follow commands?

If what you meant to say is Anyone follow the cat's commands?, then yes.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

My cat is obsessed with a plastic bag. Not with playing with it, but sleeping on it. She has multiple beds in different areas. She has couches and chairs and human beds.

No, it's this big sack she sleeps on every night.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

What kind of insane person just leaves food out when you have cats

You knew what would happen

My girl won't touch human food. Even meat. Her only weakness is if something has milk in it. I had a cupcake with Boston creme filling tonight and the little rascal snuck over to lick my finger.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ate too fast and decided to puke in a new place. The hardwood floors? No Bathroom tile? No. My bedspread? Absolutely and it went through to the sheet underneath. Today wasn't supposed to be laundry day.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Requested and received a rub in the (dry) bathtub. She got distracted and left before she flopped and showed the belly.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Was a big girl today at the vet, with all the techs calling her a sweetheart.

She needed boosters for three shots and she also got microchipped since the lil turd doesn't like collars. She also got a clean bill of health, which is nice to hear for your 8-year-old cat. I got to talk about her poop habits. Usually not much of an audience for that.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

She got the zoomies, with sound effects that almost always come after she's gone number two. Rrrrr.

I walk by her preferred litter box for bowel movements and there is a large partially buried turd. The smell was enough to nearly knock me out, so it got scooped immediately. The turd was nearly half the length of her body. When she came by for her evening brushing, I told her how impressed I was.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Today was flea prevention day. She smelled it coming and hid for a while. Managed to dose the nape of her neck when she was half asleep.

She doesn't try to get to it to lick it off and doesn't fight, but boy is she annoyed for about an hour.

Like all other cats, she has whims about food. Right now BFF is Purina Pro Plan turkey is in. Savory Centers and Tastefuls are out. Give it two weeks and it might reverse. Or not. How dare I put the wrong one in her bowl? The BFF has to go in the slow feeder.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

When the weather is nice, the regular door is opened and the screen door is latched for Mrs. Slocombe's enjoyment. The latch is there because she knows how to push doors open. She figured out how to break the latch today.

She was mad when her outside adventure ended after a couple of minutes and the regular door was closed.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Only partially covered her huge, nasty poo poo this morning. Went ahead and scooped it and nearly puked from its vileness.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Noticed she had not gone in one of her boxes for a day and a half. It was her favorite box, where she does 90% of her shits.

Nothing had changed with the box. Same litter. Cleaned daily. She's using the other box fine.

Put completely fresh litter in the box. She peed in it within two minutes. I guess she just didn't think her toilet was clean enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Continues to be picky AF.

On the flip side, I really enjoy her game of leading me around the house. She either wants a brushing or food and there are an increasing amount of turns and false paths to her destination.