Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

My Tess has just been lazing around today, but yesterday she suddenly woke up from a nap and started crying pathetically. I think she was having a bad dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

She tried to stay outside all night so she can annoy the neighbours by asking to come in at 3 in the morning, but you can lead her around by the nose with the rustle of a treat packet so that little scheme was foiled.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Came into the kitchen while I was making a sandwich, sneezed a load of snot all over her whiskers and licked it up while staring at me. She's had the sneezes for months and we can't work out why, poor thing.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Become a beautiful flower

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vakal posted:

Brought a frog into the house on 3 separate occasions today.

Had no clue what to do with them once he did though.

I want to believe it was the same frog every time and it was just a bit stunned and you put it back outside and your cat thought it was an elaborate game of fetxh

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

She caught a rat! Clever girl!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

She got another rat! Two in one day, what a good hunter!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jeez, she's really going through the local rats. Two more dead, and it would have been three if my sister hadn't been around and made her let it go. She's sixteen years old and age hasn't slowed her down one bit.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Was very good and patient for the vet! She didn't complain once while getting squeezed and prodded and rotated.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

This is my cats' designated scratching chair, and this is my cat millie mid-yawn

https://i.imgur.com/qLqst7K.mp4

hehehe ears go BACK

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

She curled up right next to my pillow and purred like mad as I scratched her tummy.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

Message from my cat who just jumped across the keyboard: "1414"

All Dogs Are Dicks

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

She just woke up with a funny little chirrup and really wanted a cuddle all of a sudden. I think she was having a nightmare.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

We've got my sister's new kitten staying with us for a week over Christmas and he is THE SWEETEST. The most loving little thing I've ever seen. He loves people so much that he regularly only gets a bite or two into his breakfast before he has to come back for more cuddles. He has the cutest little chirrups and squeaks to say hello to you when you walk in the room. He gazes into my eyes when he's lying down next to me. He's fallen asleep in my arms multiple times. And when he wakes up, my god, his ENERGY. I've never dealt with a kitten before but I've heard how energetic they can be and it was not oversold, he's pinging off the walls here. Playtime is a long time, and I end up far more tired from standing there waving a stick with a fluffy thing on the end around than he does from zooming back and forth across the room.

Anyway I just came in to hang out with him and I found that he'd dropped his toy rat in his water bowl. Silly boy.

E: he's currently staring at the ghosts and chirping in frustration that they're non corporeal

Dabir fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 24, 2023

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

wesleywillis posted:

post the cat

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Anderson Koopa posted:

Anyone have a cat that will follow commands? My wee one will come if you make a clicking noise and tap your fingers together. She also has sat for me when I asked her to sit, not sure if she learned that one from the dog. I'm kind of curious if she is able to replicate that behavior.

Our 16yo girl can sit on command, and she'll argue if you tell her DOWN or OUT but she'll do it eventually.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

He meows, I open the door. It's not always obvious that the animal at my feet is holding a mouse in his jaws. Also, once the door is open there's no easy way of stopping him from coming in. This also happens late at night when most of the lights are out.

In my experience, cats sound very different with something in their mouth. We learned to identify our Tess's mouth-full meows... And then, of course, she learned to put the mouse down before she asked to come in.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The kitten saw a spider building its web outside his window and was standing up practically pressing his face against the glass trying to get it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mx. posted:

my housemate got up and fed the cat early so he would stop trying to drag me out of bed to feed him and i could have a rest

so, after he finished eating his breakfast he came along and tried to drag me out of bed just for fun

Look out, your cat is about to fall down a giant tunnel!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Hot Pocket thief cat rules. Hope all is well.

My guy has become a huge biscuit maker after he got stressed out over Christmas from a dog visiting. He got over it really fast, but it's like his kneading instinct switched back on and he does it so often now. Claws partially out of course, and he gets me sometimes while I'm sleeping. Today he had at least three 10 minute sessions.

I've really enjoyed seeing his personality open up. He was pretty shell shocked when I got him, but he's very sweet and is super talkative.

He is absolutely gorgeous 😍

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He looks so plush

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Slaan posted:

Killed a rat in the basement, dragged it upstairs to the toddlers room

Good hunting buddy, but leave it in my room next time?

Gotta start teaching the kittens to hunt some time

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Decided that sitting in a closet for several hours was a good and entertaining use of her time.

Also, taking pictures of cats mid-yawn will never not produce hilarious results. :colbert:

Don't forget to say BIG yawn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I served her her dinner and called her in for it. She appeared at the back door and meowed pathetically until she saw me pick the bowl up and put it back down.