Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
One of them just fell off an end table because she tried to attack a bug sliiiightly too far away from said end table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Saw I had peanut butter, so he sat and waited...

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I love your username, avatar, and peanut butter-eating cat

Thank you! Little dude now stalks me anytime I have a sandwich in the hopes it has peanut butter

And today he has discovered that if he sits in the kitchen window, there's a pretty gray cat in the neighbor's window that he can see

Pomme de Terror fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 19, 2023

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Pequod kept insisting that she wanted to go outside (she is an indoor only cat) despite there being snow outside and it being below freezing, so I carried her out in my arms - she sniffed and looked around for about a minute, then we got hit with a cold breeze and she started scrambling to get me to go back inside
hopefully lesson learned (it isn't, she'll ask to go out again within a couple days)
the goober in question:

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Thing 1 has been fairly snuggly today, hanging out with me while I watched a movie. Then after I fed them dinner, she tried to steal some of her brother's food and when I told her no, she very sassily chirped at me and walked away. It was both adorable and somehow sarcastic.

Thing 2 has been mopey because my wife is out of town and she's his favorite.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

His spine is a lot more feelable than it was last time I petted him and I will be having words with the animal cops about what on earth they were feeding my son.

If he's anything like our chonky boy, he might have been given perfectly fine food, but was too stressed from being separated from you. When Kaz got put in quarantine when we moved to Korea, he had his special food, he just didn't eat as much as normal because he wasn't with us or our other cat.

Content for today: my wife had a turkey sandwich for the first time in a while and Pequod stalked her while she was making it, hopped up into the wife's spot while she was carrying the sandwich over, then proceeded to chirp and mrow until given turkey repeatedly, and then slapped my wife's hand when she didn't hand a piece over fast enough

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Got spooked by the doorbell, but then got excited once they realized it was a delivery which means BRAND NEW BOX
(it's a small box so they've been fighting for who gets to be in it at any given moment)

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

FlamingLiberal posted:

One of my cats will just eat anything. He loves to lick plastic too.

Yup, one of mine loves to chomp on plastic while the other loves biting cardboard

Speaking of the goobers, we hit the negative teens for temperature outside today, so we turned on the fire. Cats immediately ran over and flopped down in front of it, very content

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

my mom is in town, who Kaz has never met before, so when she came to visit the little dude bolted to behind the bed and would not come out for hours after she left
he's the biggest baby that had to be coaxed out with his favorite dried chicken

meanwhile Pequod was mad that I was out spending time with mom instead of at home with her so presented her displeasure by barfing on the landing of the (carpeted) stairs
thanks cat

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

I trimmed their nails, so Pequod got treats and Kaz got catnip
dunno why, but Pequod has never given a single poo poo about the nip while Kaz goes absolutely bananas for it, like he will smack it out of your hand if you're distributing too slowly

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

ReelBigLizard posted:

His Royal Scrungliness has Awoken.

Maybe

On second thought

Your cat is amazing and I want to pet him

Kaz decided that 630 in the morning is the perfect time to go into the window and scream at a bird at the feeder. I was gonna be up in 30 minutes anyways, at least this is cuter than my alarm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

If we're talking spite stories -

When both the cats were younger (Kaz was still a kitten at the time) they had a really nice water fountain that they loved and used constantly. Then one day the motor stopped working, so we took out the motor but left the bowl part out so they could keep drinking the water while I attempted to fix the motor. Pequod went over to the fountain, sniffed it, then turned and made direct eye contact with my wife and pissed in the bowl. Still one of the funniest things I've ever seen her do and the wife was too stunned to say anything while I was howling with laughter (we got them a new fountain the next day)