Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
Fuckin NOTHIN

I guess she did hide from the swamp cooler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sekhmet on the stairs

Sekhmet refusing to go down Danger Mountain, a thing I made today (danger mountain is just a less dangerous version of the way she jumps off the couch with tubes cuz I had to move them to vacuum)

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 23, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Started down the path of learning to wear a harness

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
she shoved her head in a small paper bag that my stuff at the weed store came in and than walked around meowing for a minute, then shook it off and ran full-speed up the stairs

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
she rolled around in the tub after my girlfriend got out of the shower and then was perplexed/mad that she was covered in water and had a hilarious mohawk that she did not appreciate being pointed out

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
showed me that she learned how to jump on the knob of the back door and turn it enough to pop it open when I forget to turn the deadbolt <:mad:>

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
she ran down the stairs and made one of her weird street cat noises and I asked her if I could pick her up because she's so precious, then was shot the angriest daggers I've seen in weeks

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
bit and scratched me for petting her, then licked her paw with her claws out staring me straight in the eye <:mad:>

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
if my cat could just have an entire bag of litter dumped into her box like a messy rear end mountain she'd be over the moon

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

MakaVillian posted:

This qualifies as animal abuse I think

i thought making my cat watch the raiders was bad

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
she took a nap with me earlier and when i woke up she was laying on her back with her head on the pillow next to me, snoring

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
she seems to be perturbed that the house smells like green chile stew because, in her humble opinion, most human food outside pistachio ice cream is "gross"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

had to put my boy down today, he was only 7. weird af kidney issues, even the vets were confused because he wasn't showing anything a few months ago when we got blood work done for him. in just 2 weeks he lost half his bodyweight and was drooling blood. RIP Finn, will never find another cat like you.

:(

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
My cat and my brother's dog have finally agreed to a truce after both aggressively laying on me at the same time and incapacitating me for 2 solid hours

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
She was curious about the snow that stuck around from yesterday. She was probably born ~August '22 so this is maybe the second time ever she's really seen an inch on the ground.
Ultimately she was unhappy with it and decided to go where it was warm. Later, half of it melted and she tried to forge a new path, and then got mad that she stepped in a quarter inch of freezing cold water.
She is now sleeping in her cat tower with her halloween witch lambchop toy.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
She caught 2 mice that ran in from outside.

She decided those mice were her new best friends.

It's been an evening.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
she has been in a general malaise since the mice last night

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Shithouse Dave posted:

I guess someone else was using the ginger cat brain cell at the time?

probably my neighbors cat when he was trying to get into my house during the mousing crisis

no garfield you can't come into my house because you came in one time and loving sprayed underneath the couch while you hid from my pissed off cat that's half your size for 40 minutes

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
https://i.imgur.com/bDY002O.mp4
U SEE DEEZ HANDS

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Toxic Mental posted:

How do your cats get into your bathrooms

Are you all just not closing the door when you poo poo or something

my cat spends like 40-50% of her day in the corner of the bathroom between the toilet and tub because she heard a mouse in the wall in there once

easy way to make her mad and kick her out is to tell her you gotta take a dump, she bolts

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
Sekhmet communed* with her best buddy, Garfield the outdoor neighbor cat, through our front screen for a while

*hissed at

edit: last week Garfield came into the house for a while and they got along OK. The next day we put some food out for him and he popped out of a trashcan covered in patches of black grease just like,
https://i.imgur.com/63fu8Lx.mp4

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 19, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sekhmet laid around listening to her favorite band (I'm really not making GBS threads you, either; this is the one band where she chills down from street cat completely) while we were doing chores, on the good speakers laying on the best bed.
also that room has tunable lights and she's really down with one off, one at the most 70's orange at 10%

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 19, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Shithouse Dave posted:

I wonder what would happen if you played her some Earth Tongue?
https://youtu.be/nw-bdf4cQNs?si=33BzgZiVB5YzeLLG

She's pretty OK with Fuzz and stuff, and believe it or not she likes High on Fire. She'd probably be chill with that. But man 12 minutes onward in On the Mountain at Dawn is her jam.
She likes Nina Simone, Erykah Badu, Outkast, Ween and disco a lot, too.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Shithouse Dave posted:

Kitty’s got good taste

E: and also a good name. I once made a beer dedicated to Hathor/Sekhmet. It had date syrup and pomegranate juice, and was ruby red, like a river of blood to fool Sekhmet into getting drunk and passing out. A toast to your little soft mistress of destruction!

we were trying to figure out her name and once my girlfriend floated bast around I was like you know what, what's the most obscure one I can find; and as it turns out, it fits her personality perfectly.

wikipedia posted:

In a myth about the end of Ra's rule on the earth, Ra sends the goddess Hathor, in the form of Sekhmet, to destroy mortals who conspired against him. In the myth, Sekhmet's blood-lust was not quenched at the end of battle and this led to her going on a bloody rampage that laid Egypt to waste and almost destroyed all of humanity. To stop her, Ra and the other gods devised a plan. They poured out a lake of beer dyed with red ochre or so that it resembled blood. Mistaking the beer for blood, Sekhmet drank it all and became so drunk that she gave up on the slaughter and returned peacefully to Ra.[5] The same myth was also described in the prognosis texts of the Calendar of Lucky and Unlucky Days of Papyrus Cairo 86637.[6]

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 19, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
I took a rather large beige crocheted blanket nobody wanted that my great grandma made in the early 90s from my dad; now Sekhmet has decided it's her favorite of all the good blankets (there are good blankets and bad blankets, generally involving fleece).

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
this is one of my favorite pictures of sekhmet when she was a kitten

not much has changed in her daily behavior

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Garfield decided to let his own rear end in when I came home from the store, I had too much poo poo in my hands and I couldn't shoo him away and keep my cat inside at the same time with my two-door airlock

Sekhmet reacted in a very Sekhmet fashion (policed his behavior around the house and growled at him)

Garfield's owners just moved and abandoned two dogs and 3 cats at one of their mothers' houses, where they were living. 6 unit two-story rowhouse, this lady is in unit 2 and I'm in unit 1, she's infirm, and she also has 3 cats.
I'm glad those pieces of trash are finally gone, but I am not glad about what's happening here.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 23, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
My kitty is a teetotaler for the most part. Maybe some nip once every 3 months. She likes to be lean, mean and ready for anything; probably a side-effect of her and her sister living on the street for a couple months as kittens.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sehkmet watches over from her 7' tall cat tree waiting for the day to slaughter the hordes of humanity at the will of Ra until she gets drunk on ochre-colored beer

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
My girlfriend let garfield in when she got home from work and he and sekhmet proceeded to be assholes to each other intermittently until 7AM, when he was sleeping on the bed and she jumped up sideways on the bed, hissed and punched him in the face, so I let him outside to which he responded to by running out of the door and jumping on a trashcan, returning to his natural habitat.
He's getting more comfortable being inside but you can tell he's not super stoked on it outside the "being warm" part, garfield is a free spirit who lives and breathes these streets.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Drank her favorite of the waters and delivery systems

She also sniffed a blanket and gave us a Flehmen face last night

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
Sekhmet hissed at me for telling her she's not allowed to go outside and see the landlord when the wind is like 50mph sustained (going outside is already forbidden anyway?)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The Hambulance posted:

My vet told me that cats do this because they like the toy and want to keep it safe. They view the location of their food & water as the safest place, so they put their prized possessions there. vOv

mine keeps her prized possessions lined up in an inquisition that she oversees under my girlfriends' bed while sitting on a fleece transformers-themed blanket my mom bought her at a thrift store

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
she has very much decided she is a fancy cat while remaining just as half-feral as she was when we pulled her out from under that bush that crackheads smoke rock and piss under outside our house as a kitten

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

AARD VARKMAN posted:

cats have the hardest job in the world

tell me about it, I was scolded with an angry, pensive look for having the gall to, "wake up and get out of bed because i was being kicked directly against the wall by a cat," this morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
Sat next to the window with a concerned look as the shadows bounced around