Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Yesterday I accidentally let her water bowl dry up for the first time ever. After drawing my attention to it, and after having refilled it, she proceeded to drink from it for a solid five straight minutes.

Moments after sating her thirst she decided to imitate a fixture at the Trevi fountain, all over the carpet in the middle of a laminate floor.

Edit: Cat tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Anybody ever have a spontaneously bleeding cat before? I’m fostering an old guy (17 years old at best estimate) and he’s been having some weird poo poo happen to him while in my care. I’ve had him for two weeks now and he’s the sweetest boy but there’s some health stuff going on that I’ve never seen before.

Firstly, he needs a rotten tooth removed ASAP and the foster place is reticent to tell me when they’re willing to take care of it, so that’s fun. I’ve booked an appointment to take care of it for this Wednesday but they’re being cagey about letting me go through with it and how much they’re willing to compensate me (or if they’ll even agree to that) because the quote was $800 more than “their usual guy”, who they don’t even have a date set with yet.

He’s obviously in a lot of pain and deals with it by chewing the hell out of one of his back left toes. He’s chewed the fur pretty much completely off. That same foot experienced some random bruising/bleeding last week one day after he had his checkup and nails trimmed at the vet. I assumed this was brought on by some combination of the vet trimming his nails and/or how he chews it so violently, and so I didn’t really think much more of it. He’s a tuxedo cat with white feet so that stuff shines through pretty apparently.

But today he’s suddenly got two open ulcers on his head that A.) weren’t there an hour ago, and B.) likely weren’t caused by my other cat, who herself has been taken mysteriously ill and hasn’t left my bed all day. I’m at a loss here. I am taking my bed-ridden cat to the vet first thing in the morning to see what the hell is going on with her, but can’t take mr tuxedo man at the same time unless it’s approved first by the foster organization. Incredibly confused right now.