Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

careful there some cats will go in with you. It's really weird to take a shower with a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

My little girl cat decided that 6:00AM was the perfect time to just walk all over me in bed, then knead for 30 seconds, then walk all over me again, and repeat that two step process for like 20 minutes

Grab the cat and bring her under the blankets, if she doesn't like it this can be used as a deterrent for waking you, if your cat is one that likes to sleep under the blankets you may have just made a new routine. Like you know pat her don't scare the absolute poo poo out of her but make it seem like you thought you wanted in.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

they remember you, they are just mad that you left. This is your punishment day.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You tried splitting the meal in half?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Carth Dookie posted:

its actually kind of alarming. I have to make sure I know where he is so the stupid fucker doesn't try and catch a steel club head to the face trying to attack it.

Maybe show the cat it is dangerous break something or crush something with it. Bug, egg, old plate, whatever.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I found putting a paper plate under the cat so they throw up on that worked well enough that my cat now aims for paper plates. Do not eat food on a paper plate they are for cat pukes only around here, well not unless you want the cat to run up to you in a panic and throw up.

Maybe this will work for you, my goal was just make cleanup easier that time never train him or else I would have done like a paper towel or something, but at the time I had a lot of paper plates and no dishwasher.

The first challenge is getting the cat not to run away as you go near them while they are hacking something up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Anderson Koopa posted:

Lilac has discovered that she likes the top of the computer because it gives her a fairly good vantage point of the room.

Is the power button on top? She's going to try pressing it just lying down at some point. This is a bad perch.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

My cat will eat tinfoil, also he'll help unwrap anything in plastic by eating said plastic.

He's a black / chocolate maine coon he must have some orange in him.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

No. 6 posted:

She completely ignores the fresh water I put out and instead demands that I turn on the faucet:

They make water dishes for this, try looking for a cat fountain.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Won't stop begging me for a midnight snack of catfood.

Are they not open to being free fed? I just leave food out 24/7 and my cat manages it, completely clean the plate and swap once a week but normally just scooting what he has closest to him then putting more behind it. (He eats off a plate he doesn't like bowls, also round things, it's a square plate, cats are weird.) Obviously if your cat is just going to eat it all until they puke this isn't going to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Shithouse Dave posted:

My ol fat girl trundles requires me to keep puppy pee pads under the litterboxes. I have enclosed ones, and while they are fully large enough for her portly rear end, she frequently doesn’t get all the way inside to pee. I know she CAN, she shits in a box just fine, but for reasons unknown to me, she gets most of her body in the box and half the time hangs her butt out the doorway, and just goes “yeah good enough”.
Then she very carefully piles the litter inside the doorway where she didn’t pee, comes out and does a couple of cursory scratches at the pee pad and saunters off, slightly embarrassed and slightly “whatcha gon’ do, eh?”

Not sure whether your turd piles are close enough to the box to plausibly be the cat forgetting where it’s rear end is, but their brains are very small and smooth so it’s a possibility.

There's also the Breeze little box that uses pellets on top and has a vent into a drawer with a pad in it for liquids. Might work better for this, they also make an XL version that's very roomy if that's what your cat wants.