Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Did a barf on the brand new hallway runner we just got to replace the old one because she had barfed on it so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Took a poo poo so stinky I had to light three candles to not gag. Dunno how a 7lb cat can make such a big smell.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Vakal posted:

Might want to get that checked. Our old cat's poo poo smelled foul when her bowels started to fail.

She's old as hell, but was just at the vet recently and all her blood work and urine tests came back clean. Thanks for the concern though!

Edit: oh yeah, and we brought them a Tupperware with a turd for testing as well. That was fun.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Shithouse Dave posted:

I’m feeling sick and he is giving me a hug

He is a good boy

My wife gets sick far more often than normal due to pre-existing health problems, and our lazy old girl is a great therapy cat. Content to just sleep on her chest for hours at a time.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I think my cats broken. She's never given the slightest poo poo about boxes or like 99% of toys. Chase the hell out of twist ties, but that's about it.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Toxic Mental posted:

Would not stop screaming every 10 seconds for an hour before his breakfast, jesus loving christ

Same, but I'm pretty sure she just screams for fun at this point. Fed her twice already, still hollering at me. A siamese would be all "dude, you are loud" to my cat

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Stole a huge cauliflower floret from my wife's bowl during dinner. Now begging for the basic rear end garlic bread I made for a side.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

The Lone Badger posted:

They like the large-quantity-of-butter but the garlic is unfortunately toxic.

Yeah, kept her away from the bread after the previous vegetable theft. Just olive oil, salt and pepper on the cauliflower fortunately.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

This is basically how my wife sleeps every night.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Got on the counter because I was dumb and left some tuna salad out while the wife was getting ready for dinner. I'm guessing you can assume the rest

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Modal Auxiliary posted:

It made tuna salad sandwiches for everybody?

drat, you're good.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Melted when I turned on the fireplace

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Got decorated against her will while we were cleaning up missed holiday stuff. Fireplace was on, so it was grumpily tolerated.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Wife had to go to the hospital, so after dropping her off, I just grabbed some hot pockets before going back to check in with her. Ate one, and a bit of the second. Hit the bathroom. Came back to half a hot pocket, out of the sleeve, in the middle of the room. Lots of nibbles out of it.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Toxic Mental posted:

What kind of insane person just leaves food out when you have cats

You knew what would happen

She's usually good, but has become a little hellion in her old age.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Out of town for work, but apparently she did a barf on the bed that my wife has to deal with

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Ate too fast and decided to puke in a new place. The hardwood floors? No Bathroom tile? No. My bedspread? Absolutely and it went through to the sheet underneath. Today wasn't supposed to be laundry day.

Was out of town for work yesterday, but apparently mine decided to hurf on the fitted sheet in our bed. We have a mattress protector, but still led to unexpected laundry for my wife.

Edit: anyone with a cat should get a mattress protector. They're only like 30bux or so and it's basically inevitable that the furry little goblin is going to barf/piss on your bed at some point.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Big mad that she's not on my lap

haven't told her she's not allowed on my lap

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Anderson Koopa posted:

That's a beautiful cat! Mine let me pet her, she purred, then she bit me.

Thank you!

Tumble posted:

I just inherited a tortie. I couldn't figure out why she was such a little rear end in a top hat so I asked the internet and that's where I learned about "tortitude".

Reasons Lucy has gotten mad at me:
Gave her water.
Gave her treats.
Pet her when she didn't explicitly ask.
Pet her when she did explicitly ask.
Because I moved her a bit so I could sleep.
Woke me up so I could pet her, but apparently then pet her too much.

pictured: Lucy using her mittens to distract me me from any activity that is not petting her (when she feels that her schedule calls for petting.)

Yeah, torties/calicos are a special breed. Dunno about yours, but mine is loud as hell too. Seven pounds of geriatric screaming fury.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

kaom posted:

lol we also have a wall inspector. I have no idea what she’s looking for every night.

Ghosts

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Also, I can't remember the source, so I could be totally wrong, but I remember reading that if they are just black and orange then they're tortoise shell kitties. If they also have white they're calico. Either way they all have the 'tude. Pretty sure mine is calico tabby, since she's black, orange, and white, but also has very symmetrical facial patterns like a tabby.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

She was extra plushy that day. Not bad for being 17ish (? Dunno exactly, she came with an old house and was a humane society kitty)

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

poo poo on the floor directly next to the litterbox while my wife was trying to scoop. Apparently couldn't wait 30 seconds longer.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Did drugs and hunkered down in the scritchy I got her for Halloween.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Slaan posted:

My cat got outside when my SIL left the door open three days ago and we haven't seen him since. Cold with lots of rain yesterday. I hope Lil bro is ok :(

He's done this before and come back in a week or so, so I've got hope

Fingers crossed for little bro

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Lord Hydronium posted:

I bought her some cat grass, which she ate, promptly threw up, and dove right back in for more.

Sounds like something a tortie would do. My ancient one woke me up horking a hairball at 530, then got right in my wife's face and screamed for breakfast. Loud rear end cat.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Stole a piece of tofu from the stir fry I made for dinner. Wtf cat, you don't eat tofu!

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Jumped on the table while I was cleaning up after dinner and helped clean the remaining ranch out of a ramakin I forgot to grab.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Taking my cat to an emergency appointment. Yesterday she stopped eating more than a few bites. This morning she's lethargic and started drooling hard. Wish me luck y'all.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Would have taken her yesterday, but I was in bed literally all day with some kinda food poisoning

Would post a pic, but imgur hates me lately

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Worf posted:

Do u have a carbon monoxide leak

Got a co monitor, so I doubt it?

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Taking her in in about 40, so I guess we'll see. Just glad I've been working a bunch lately. poo poo probably won't be cheap, no matter what

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Just got back from the vet. Turns out she's got minor to moderate pancreatitis, which for a roughly 18 year old kitty isn't that surprising. Got roughly a whole pharmacy to give her over the next bit, then a follow-up if she's not improving within the week.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Anderson Koopa posted:

Poor kitty :(. Good luck getting the medicine into her.

tell me about it. She sucks to pill in general. Strong as hell for a six pounder. Pills twice a day, and liquid once for each. Going to be a fun 10 days. Oh yeah. And some goo that gets rubbed in the ear. She's already seeming a bit perkier than when I brought her in, so fingers crossed.

Roundup Ready fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 17, 2024

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

nitsua posted:

do you have to use a pill gun to make her take her meds

Tried. I'm always afraid to hurt her old rear end teeth. Pretty sure we still have one floating around. Eats around pill pods. Jerk cat

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

AARD VARKMAN posted:

hard to photograph him when he's laying on top of me being the King

That is one regal mf'er

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Morning one of meds complete! She actually ate some food and is being as active as a geriatric cat can be. Back to her old, yelling about everything self for the most part. When she wasn't constantly hollering yesterday I'd when we knew something was wrong.

Edit: seriously, wtf is with imgur? I even tried to post something I've already uploaded previously.

Roundup Ready fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 17, 2024

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Well apparently my cats feeling better. Woke up this morning to an untouched pack of pitas on the counter that she ripped into and ruined. We always leave bread products on the counter and she's never done that. What an rear end in a top hat.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

poo poo on the floor directly in front of her litter box. Was trying to prep dinner and just heard her trying to bury it. I just cleaned the box yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I was finishing packing and getting ready to leave for my trip to Japan when Ella started meowing a lot and getting cuddly. Made me tear up a bit. :(

It’s okay, baby. Daddy’s only going to be gone for a few days. I love you.

Mine while packing to go camping