Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Pushka's day was like most of her days:

• popped out of her hidey cube when she heard me get up.
  • ate the breakfast of kangaroo mince I prepared for her while I made my coffee.
  • sat in front of my study door waiting politely for me to finish my breakfast.
  • as soon as I sat down started yelling at me until I scooped her up and stuffed her butt-first into my dressing gown.
  • purred until she started snoring.
  • heard my partner get up about 2 hours later and immediately hosed off to poop in preparation for more snuggle time on a different lap.
  • 10 hour power nap.
  • yelled at me for more food, and as soon as I presented her with more roo mince wandered over to the bin to start licking plastic bags.
  • right now she's on my girlfriend's lap gently snoozing in kitty loaf position. she won't be sleeping with us tonight so the lovable little goblin will probably be jumping up on the kitchen bench top as well as any other forbidden zone.

Pictured: the highlight of my mornings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

ChubbyChecker posted:

aww pushka looks really fuzzy

She is very soft and furry and sheds a remarkable amount of hair for a relatively short hair cat.

She is also 18 and in remarkably good health for a supersenior. All she wants is to be in someone's lap and to occasionally get into a pickle by climbing on things she shouldn't.

Helping me unpack my new computer back in May:

She won't stop yelling at us for cuddles when we are playing video games but my partner's lap is apparently too small to sit on when she's in an office chair. Solution was to get a baby sling that was being given away for free because it's a hazard for human babies, but not for this one:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Pushka interrupted me on the toilet, yelled at me, went massively twitchy in her entire body while her head went into Invisible Bug Detection Mode, and then in response to my question "have you got the Crazy Eye" did a jumping 180 spin and scampered down the hallway screaming.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Woke me at 5:30 am by vomiting noisily, forcing me to scour the house with my phone's torch. Turns out it was all perfectly clear bile, which I discovered when I trod in it.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

atomicpile posted:

Do you live in my house?

Yes.

Your crawlspace is terribly dusty and you're low on milk.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
This little potato has been helping me work.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
She is slowly sinking deeper and deeper into the bean bag, and when she finally hits the floor it will wake her up and it will be time for snacks.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Morally Inept parachute account spotted.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Wendigee posted:

This his 30 percent of his day.. another 30 he's just sleeping and the rest he's.. sitting.

He's getting old, but good health and weight. He has a big frame though.

My hands are Trump sized but still.

It's weird having a pet and being aware of how it's ageing. This is the first time I've had one as an adult and to be honest her mortality does increasingly intrude into my thoughts lately.

When I first met my girlfriend her cat (now our cat) Pushka was 12 years old (roughly 65 in human years) but was super spry and leaping up into high cupboards from the dresser (and acting very embarrassed when she gets stuck).

A few years later she started slowing down and not leaping quite so high - she hurt her hip at one point and stopped getting into high cupboards, but we still found her on top of the kitchen counter occasionally and she had favoured roosting spots that required a pretty good vertical leap.

Now she's 18 (88 in human years) and over the last few years she's gotten increasingly creaky. She had some sort of illness a few weeks ago where she was stumbling and swaying and we were afraid she was imminently on the way out... But then she recovered. Vet says she may have had a little stroke

But her blood work is fine (everything in the ideal range except for a minor loss of kidney function which overall is remarkably good for such an old cat), she's found herself some other, slightly lower roosting spots (where she can hop up to progressively taller things) and she still has some spice in her whenever strangers enter the house (she's only friendly with myself and my girlfriend and hates everyone else with the fire of a thousand suns).

Yeah she's spending an increasing amount of her time snoozing, and she's clearly not as spry as she once was, but every morning she comes up to me and yells at me until I pick her up and stuff her in my dressing gown and every afternoon after my girlfriend's back from work Pushka superglues herself to her lap. Happily purring until she starts snoring in both instances. Our house has windows that extend to the floor so she doesn't need to hop up anywhere for her frequent sunbathing sessions, and as far as we can tell she's a very happy little cat who is clearly settling into the last stage in her life but doing it well

So shout out to the cat dads and mums who give these creaky old kitties the chance to have those happy, sleepy final years.

Today seems like it's going to be a heavy sleeping in her cube day rather than prowling the house doing little cat errands. But she's feasted on kangaroo mince, and purred on my lap, and sat and watched the world go by in a sunbeam already this morning, and that's a big enough day for her.

Breetai fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 15, 2023

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Snoozing. Comfortably (?!?????)

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Pushka went on an adventure to O U T E R S P A C E

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Who told you my head was on backward?

Hoo? Hoo!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

You know how humans sometimes just want to feel pretty? Well sometimes cats just want to feel new in box.

Closest answer to correct, right here!

(We always wanted to get one but were concerned that our cat wouldn't have a bar of it. My girlfriend managed to get her hands on the backpack on a try-it-and-if-she-doesn't-like-it-then-return-it basis so we kept the plastic on the bubble while going for the first walk. We also loaded up the inside with catnip and Pushka had a very chill time, looking around with interest at everything we saw and sniffing the air through the holes and just generally being a very placid kitty. She's an indoor cat only whose entire universe has been two houses and the vet's office, and is getting up there in years, and this is just a way to give her a bit of enrichment without attempting the major disaster that is attempting to put a leash on her.)

ChickenHeart posted:

Yeah, aluminum foil would've been a much better choice for a solar oven

:mad:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Pushka went on her second outing in the little space capsule, and seems to be ok with it. Didn't struggle when we were putting her in it at all and was once again very content to look around, seemed very interested in looking at the birds in the parkland and sniffing all of the unfamiliar smells, and only got a little bit antsy when we passed another cat.

Passed a bunch of people who were quite bemused to see one of these, and were amazed that such an old kitty (she's 18 this year) looks so bright and placid.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Got a little pot of homemade pate from my mum for Christmas this year, so after we had eaten it I gave the remnants in the bottom of the pot to pushka, and the way she excitedly trotted after me after I let her sniff it was incredibly adorable.

Now she is in a little kitty food coma having horfed down her main meal of roo mince.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

for fucks sake posted:

My cat did a big watery vomit first thing in the morning as I was going for a piss.

Sounds like he's telling you to lay off the asparagus.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

AARD VARKMAN posted:

he's between the blankets because it's v. cold outside

What I saw one day after returning to the bedroom after breakfast on a particularly chilly day.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Are Imgur links not showing up for others?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Anderson Koopa posted:

We ordered a new chess board. Cocoa made it into her bed.

The Queen can move wherever she chooses. :colbert:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
It was a clearly delineated outline of a shape on the floor, what else was she supposed to do?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Tenebrais posted:

Cats can reach profound levels of comfy that humans can only dream of.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Fat honking snores

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Full faceplant.

Twice.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Brian thinks that 36° C (96.8F) is too fukkin' hot.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Nobody Interesting posted:

Impressed and amazed that a cat exists who chooses the cat bed instead of curling up on a single misplaced sock

They do exist! Pushka loves her little cat cube and whenever she's not in the mood to fall asleep on someone's lap she likes to sit in it and peer out, silently judging anyone who happens to be on the couch.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

MrQwerty posted:

Sekhmet is a lady and yeah lol she's tiny but she's real long and makes it known

Edit:
:siren:BREAKING UPDATE:siren:

I see your blep and raise.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Glared at me for hogging her bed.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Cold weather is back, so Pushka helped me work all day yesterday.

She also helped me relax on my lunch break.

At one point she was sleeping so deeply that she gently slid off my lap.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

A Tad Ghostal posted:

My parents cats became homeowners before me. And the little jerk Kevin knows it

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Fell asleep on my lap with one little peet propping herself up.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The peet got tired.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Once Pushka got a UTI and after urinating she would clean herself and, in the words of my girlfriend, "alternate between licking her box and growling at it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Pushka was ~*dainty*~