Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsey was an amazing guy and an amazing moderator for us and it is so sad that we lost him so soon. He was so good that he took care of this community without much need for admin help and intervention.

That being said we are clueless on who would be a good steward of this sub. That is why we are coming directly to you.

Either publicly or in PM please bring forth some moderator candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Do we? How many reports does GWS get? You need more in the job description.

FGR was certainly never heavy handed and I think lc got bored.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

GF is already a mod make them do it

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I feel like a big part of the “job” would be running the occasional contest/challenge and it would be less about handing out probes.

That and thread title changes and stickies.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Do we? How many reports does GWS get? You need more in the job description.

FGR was certainly never heavy handed and I think lc got bored.

Nah, I dropped because I was taking night classes on top of my absurd tech job hours and just wasn't around enough anymore to feel like I'd catch it if something went wrong. This forum is pretty low-effort to run because there's a good community, but y'all deserved better than 'I might see a report in a few days' out of me. I was super happy that FGR said yes when I asked if he wanted the job, and he's going to be very much missed.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 20, 2023

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

For the most part, forums need mods for the maintenance of the sub. Things need stickies, topics need their titles changed. Users need questions answered that only a mod of that forum can answer.

For the majority of forums it is not about reports or probes, this one especially.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

GF is already a mod make them do it

Grand fromage right? He’d be good I think. Honestly, hard to go wrong here. BrianBoitano might be good, I like his enthusiastic attitude

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Fluffdaddy posted:

For the majority of forums it is not about reports or probes, this one especially.

This is seriously the most chill forum on SA. I lurk and rarely post in here, but FGR was so good at helping to build a great community. :(

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
If you want, I can be a caretaker mod until GWS finds one; FGR was a great moderator and I have no intent of replacing them but I can handle the day-to-day stuff like thread title changes and telling people that they're wrong about chili.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
My top suggestion would be Drink and Fight. They have been admin of the GWS Discord for a few years now and they're great. Don't know if they want it or have time but they'd be great. Losing FGR sucks. GWS is chill as gently caress and I just don't want someone who would come in and start being a dick, just let it stay chill. Cancer loving sucks poo poo and can gently caress off.

angerbeet's also a great choice too. I agree with them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Croatoan posted:

My top suggestion would be Drink and Fight. They have been admin of the GWS Discord for a few years now and they're great. Don't know if they want it or have time but they'd be great. Losing FGR sucks. GWS is chill as gently caress and I just don't want someone who would come in and start being a dick, just let it stay chill. Cancer loving sucks poo poo and can gently caress off.

angerbeet's also a great choice too. I agree with them.

I'd be fine with either. The GWS discord is well run.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
hi everyone,

all of us are really heartbroken by the news of Flash Gordon Ramsey's passing. FGR shared his battle and struggles with cancer in the mod forum with us, and it all came as such a shock when we learned of his death. gently caress cancer doesn't even begin to describe my feelings, to say it lightly.

it is a tough thing for a community to lose a well respected member like FGR, and we will do what we can to keep things going here until something more permanent is in place. angerbeet is going to help us some with that temporarily.

my deepest condolences to everyone here in GWS (and the accompanying discord community). my heart goes out to all of you at this time.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Hello Goons with Spoons,

Prag has offered, and I’ve accepted, a temporary moderator position in GWS. I do not want or plan on being a permanent mod for GWS, but I do have lots of modding experience and will function mostly as a day-to-day mod doing thread title changes and looking after reports etc.

GWS is a wonderful forum that I love to read and post in, and it’s also become a really close knit community on the forums. Because of the closeness, my goal in operating as a temporary moderator is to allow you all to have a the time to work out who you want to represent and engage that community with things like ICSA, projects, and other things.

I was as shocked as anyone else when the news about Flash Gordon Ramsay was posted, and having experienced a great personal loss myself in the last few years, I know that it will take some time for the community to process everything and work out how to move forward.

gently caress cancer.

angerbot fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 25, 2023

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Thanks for taking up the banner - you'll do good.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thanks for doing it angerbeet. I haven’t been on GWS in a long time but looking today I couldn’t believe the news. FGR will be missed.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

All hail the angerbeet!

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:
concur!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Thank you angerbeet. I wish I could give everyone in here a hug. Y'all rock.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I lurk GWS more than posting anything. And I've never modded anything. But I'd volunteer as tribute to keep an eye on the place.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I had no idea of flash Gordon ramsey's passing. gently caress cancer

My dad died last month very suddenly of what seems to have been an extremely aggressive lymphoma so yeah double gently caress cancer.

I don't have a suggestion for mod I'm afraid but I'll just stick this post here to say flash Gordon Ramsey seemed like a very good person and I'm sorry they're gone. Awful, I'm sorry for their family and friends.