Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I saw the film "Fast X" on its opening night tonight.

I enjoyed the movie greatly. The acting, writing, direction, stunts, and effects were all fantastic. I will particularly praise the writers and directors, the stunt coordinators also, for the excellent job they all did. For actors I can identify, I will praise Brie Larson, Jason Momoa, Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Charlize Theron, Ludacris, Tyrese Gibson, Sung-Ho Kang, Nathalie Emmanuel, the Rock, John Cena, Jordana Brewster, Alan Ritchson, Daniela Melchior, Rita Moreno, Jason Statham, and the young actor who played Vin Diesel's son (Leo Abelo Perry). All did an excellent job in their roles, and I am pleased to see them in the franchise as it continues. I will be pleased to see them again also for the next film in the series, whenever it may arrive.

If you have Christian values similar to me, that is another good reason to see the film. I will not explain why further here, I don't think this board would appreciate it if I did, so just trust me please, m'kay? '

I am invoking a South Park character there, yes. :)

Conclusion- Fast X is a good movie. If I could pick a film to sweep next year's Oscars, Fast X would be high on my list. Same if I were to pick a movie that I would prefer be very popular. I highly recommend Fast X to any potential viewer.

Go see Fast X. If you are interested and you can see it, I recommend you go see it.

Nuff Said!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Saw it last night. I used to love these movies - 5, 6 and 7 are amazing. 8 was alright, and I seem to have mostly forgotten what happened in 9, which is a problem. I think the franchise is overburdened by the canon it has created, and it's hard to keep track of who's dead and who isn't, who just isn't in this movie for ~reasons,~ who died and then came back miraculously (multiple characters) and who the allies/enemies are (since they switch sides so often). Why is xxx fighting xxx? I thought they were friends? What these other two are friends now? They were the main villain last movie!

Even the action sequences were kind of lame - they've gone so far into "that is physically impossible" that I may as well be watching an anime. I know action movies are known for that but this movie knows no restraint, and it suffers for it. Like (and I am making this up, it isn't a spoiler) if a character really needs an assault rifle, hey look there's one in the backseat! Oh, they need an RPG launcher? There's one of those too! Oh there's one coming at them? Ha, their car is indestructible!

The movie was fun, sure, but I'm glad we're at the end of the series. The sweet spot was right there at movie 5-6-7 when the cast of characters was manageable, the canon was manageable and the physics-defying moments were only here and there, not the entire movie.

2/5.