Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
The Tetris movie is a banger. The Blackberry movie is a triumph. There are other movies about all of our favorite brands and I want to watch them so that I know which brands and brand identities connect with me on an interpersonal level.

Perhaps there is a movie about a type of car, or candy bar, that is full of intrigue and subtle but poignant advertisements that we can all enjoy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

The Post, the prequel to All The President's Men

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
there's a blackberry movie?

wtf

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

there's a blackberry movie?

wtf

Its made by these guys

https://twitter.com/pooroldrolotony/status/1656977326775709697

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
oh, i remember those guys. trailer for it has no wii shop update day music though. shame

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

D.E.N.N.I.S. from Its Always Sunny is gonna get an Oscar

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Nope

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lfmao

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
air (2023) ftw

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
The Founder

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

exmarx posted:

air (2023) ftw

it was unironically good

a classic affleck damon movie

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
The Wizard (1989)

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

evolution (2001)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
The Matrix Trilogy are some of the best films about the matrix brand

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Zodium posted:

evolution (2001)

i know i saw this movie but i dont remember anything about it other than "goofy Outbreak (1995) with Mulder". where do brands come in

also is russell the only Brand? I cannot think of any others

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Frys Electronics for the win

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Maximo Roboto posted:

Frys Electronics for the win

it's no microcenter but it's all we got. well, all some of us had. some of us don't even have those anymore.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

i know i saw this movie but i dont remember anything about it other than "goofy Outbreak (1995) with Mulder". where do brands come in

the thing that saves them is that because the aliens are nitrogen based rather than carbon based, they are poisoned by selenium rather than arsenic - and the only place they can find selenium in such vast quantities is Head And Shoulders shampoo where the active ingredient is Selenium Sulfide

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the deus ex machina that saves them is that because the aliens are nitrogen based rather than carbon based, they are poisoned by selenium rather than arsenic - and the only place they can find selenium in such vast quantities is Head And Shoulders shampoo where the active ingredient is Selenium Sulfide

lmao memory unlocked. jesus

i was extremely curious about head and shoulders after watching it but never had dandruff or lived with people who did. still think about buying a little travel bottle some day. advertising works

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i watched it a couple months ago. parts of it hold up, you could tell they wanted it to be the new Ghostbusters but it's just not quite there

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i watched it a couple months ago. parts of it hold up, you could tell they wanted it to be the new Ghostbusters but it's just not quite there

i remember watching it again a few years ago and being put off by how much of a sleeze orlando jones character is. always talking about taking showers with the girls volleyball team that he coached

also Julianne Moores character was a ditzy clutz that constantly fell into the arms of the more competent men that had to do the science stuff for her despite her being a lead scientist in her field

i dont think it was out of line for its time, but it was an unfortunate reminder of how openly lovely we were in the early 2000s, tho i guess much hasnt changed

excellent creature work tho, and some of the gags were still pretty funny, like the mosquito bit or the rich golf dude getting annihilated

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the waynes world scene where they endorse pepsi

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Was Osmosis Jones' sidekick name brand?

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Happy Gilmore was a great Subway commercial

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Real answer? Ford vs. Ferrari.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Zeroisanumber posted:

Real answer? Ford vs. Ferrari.

it did a great job of making the Ford execs look like a pack of assholes, except Lee Iacocca

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lee suckcocka

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Idiocracy

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/populismupdates/status/1656128101431246848
https://twitter.com/populismupdates/status/1656130822364344320

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Al! posted:

Idiocracy

dude! what if Idiocracy... was a documentary? :monocle:

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Al! posted:

Idiocracy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The Tetris movie is a banger. The Blackberry movie is a triumph. There are other movies about all of our favorite brands and I want to watch them so that I know which brands and brand identities connect with me on an interpersonal level.

Perhaps there is a movie about a type of car, or candy bar, that is full of intrigue and subtle but poignant advertisements that we can all enjoy?

chars counterattack

/thread

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

FoodFight

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

it did a great job of making the Ford execs look like a pack of assholes, except Lee Iacocca

Car guys I've talked to said they didn't go far enough in portraying the extremely weird corporate culture of Ford execs.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The Matrix Trilogy are some of the best films about the matrix brand

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

the thing that saves them is that because the aliens are nitrogen based rather than carbon based, they are poisoned by selenium rather than arsenic - and the only place they can find selenium in such vast quantities is Head And Shoulders shampoo where the active ingredient is Selenium Sulfide

holy poo poo haha

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I have to admire the chutzpah of Subway product placement bringing up Jared Fogel, but maybe it's just how much our sense of what qualifies as a scumbag has shifted.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Cuttlefush posted:

lmao memory unlocked. jesus

i was extremely curious about head and shoulders after watching it but never had dandruff or lived with people who did. still think about buying a little travel bottle some day. advertising works

its so funny, they pretty much literally do unsubtle advertisement for head and shoulders at a bunch of points. i'm gonna watch it again

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Shrek