Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Did the title and author of this thread catch your attention? Good.

Let me address a couple things before I get to the meat of this thread. I am the opening poster of this thread, yes, but after this post I do not plan to post again. I have previously posted on this board, but after doing so I decided I do not like the atmosphere here. This board is too fast paced for me to keep up with all that is said, and it is also full of people whom I find to be disrespectful disruptive trolls, to say the nicest things I can regarding these people. For these reasons, I am going to be a "one and done" poster here. I will start a thread, but I will probably not monitor it or continue to post in it in the future. I will not close the thread either. I hope all this is understood. I also hope that the moderators of this board, and to a lesser extent the audience, are okay with this plan of mine.

Is the previous paragraph understood? If so, on with the show!

If you are aware of the current state of USA politics regarding the 2024 US Presidential election, you may have heard of potential candidate Ron DeSantis. For those unaware, Mr. DeSantis is the current governor of Florida, a committed Republican, a professed Christian politician, and a man with a lot of potential support as a candidate for US President. I also believe him to be a very organized and selfish individual. You can look him up on the Internet if you need further information.

There is a lot of support for Mr. DeSantis entering the race for US President, should he decide to do that. This support includes people in my family, a large family that resides throughout the US in Texas, North Carolina, and other States. We are mostly a Republican conservative family. I think as far as Republicans and conservatives outside my family, Mr. DeSantis also has a lot of support. Most of his supporters, I believe, hold him as a good alternative to the current Republican frontrunner in the US Presidential Race, Mr. Donald Trump Senior. They also hold Mr. DeSantis as a good alternative to Mr. Joe Biden, the current holder of the office of US President.

Mr. DeSantis has a lot of opposition also. He has opposition from Democrats like Mr. Biden of course. He also has opposition from Independent American citizens like me- people willing to stand in opposition to his supporters, no matter whom those supporters might be. I think that as a member of Mr. DeSantis' opposition, a preferred Adversary* of his, I should lay out what I think he could and should do to earn my support, to make me change from opposing him to supporting him. I plan to share my words on this matter with my family as well as this board. I do not plan to share any particular response to my words here with my family. Is that understood? I hope so.

*Before I continue, please allow me to define the term "Adversary". This is a term I learned in my studies at a Catholic high school. It refers to the Devil. An Adversary is an enemy of all that is Good, all that God supports. It is also an enemy of God that God ultimately hopes to turn back to his side someday. God hopes his Adversary Satan will be able to transform back into his ally someday. He prays that will someday be a possibility. God enjoys playing Devil's Advocate with his Adversary, I learned that at Catholic school also. I am intending to play Devil's Advocate with my Adversary Mr. DeSantis in this thread.

Is the last paragraph understood? I would prefer it be understood before we continue. Is it understood? Good.

Mr. DeSantis, you have prominent support among my family. You do not have my support. As you might imagine, this situation is causing me friction. I need to address it. I am doing that here. I am playing Devil's Advocate with you and your supporters as my Adversary. I do not plan to post here after I say what I need to say, nor do I intend to monitor the thread. Your supporters here and anyone else who might disagree with me, those who might agree with me also, they should all remember these things. I have said these things before, I wish to emphasize my repeated points.

So, Mr. DeSantis, you may be wondering what you could do to earn my support as a voter in your US Presidential Race.

First, you should know you have some of my support already. I am mostly independent, and I do lean Democrat on most issues, but there are certain issues on which I lean Republican. I am in support of gun rights, for example. My sister owns a gun store. She is also a former employee of Fox News, one of your major political allies. I support my sister and people like her. My sister has told me she supports you in your current race. There are other people in my family who may support you as well. I support these people; however I do not support you.

Most of my family, I believe, supports you, Mr. DeSantis, in your current race against Mr. Trump and Mr. Biden. The majority is for you. Significant minorities support your opponents, however. Regarding Mr. Trump, there is a member of my family, my cousin, who values flagrant political statements over rational researched political opinions. He has indicated to me that he supports Mr. Trump. I, a person who values rational research for my political opinion over flagrant theater (I think you're like me in this regard, right)- I currently support Mr. Biden. I am however concerned about a lot of things regarding Mr. Biden. I will further address these concerns below. Please stay with me for that. Are you with me? I hope so.

There are things more important to me in your current situation than Mr. Biden. I need you to understand that. I also need you to understand there are things more important than any issue you might prefer to address. My needs as a citizen of the USA, as a potential American voter, these needs come first to me. They are more important than the needs of any particular candidate, party, or any other potential voter. Do you understand this? I hope so.

So, Mr. DeSantis, what should you do to earn further support from me?

First of all, you need to get in the race. You are supported as a candidate for US President by a large number of people. That is good. But, according to my current awareness, you have not officially declared your candidacy. I know you still have time to make such a declaration, I know such a declaration takes a lot of effort to arrange, but my patience is wearing thin. The efforts of your opponents are weakening my support for you, current and potential. In particular, I will point out this article, which suggests that you may be a "ghost candidate" in the race. The article defines "ghost candidate" as a candidate who is in a political race but not expected to win, one who is only there to direct support away from another candidate and help a more popular preferred candidate. Are you such a candidate, Mr. DeSantis? I hope you're not. I would really prefer your political party not engage in such tactics as using ghost candidates. I agree with the writer of the article I linked that such tactics should be illegal. I also acknowledge that such a law would be difficult to enforce, but I still would support such a law.

You need to declare you are actually running for US President, Mr. DeSantis, is that understood? You need to prove to me you are not a ghost.

Second thing- I would prefer you drop your current "anti-woke" agenda. I urge you to remember the original definition of "woke" according to the US Merriam-Webster dictionary- relevant link. That definition for "woke" is "aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)". This definition is not in line with your current definition of the term "woke". This is not good. "Woke", per Merriam-Webster's and my own definition of the term, is a positive thing, not a negative thing. I believe that as a nation, these United States of America should remain aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues, especially those of racial and social justice. In other words, we should remain "woke" per the proper definition of the term, not any improper incorrect definition you or your current supporters might create.

Let me take that last point a bit further. You need to make your supporters inclusive, not exclusive. You may consider such an idea in opposition to your current agenda. I do not think that should be the case. You want more support, right? Not less? If that is so, you need to reach out to those who currently do not support you! And if you treat your non-supporters like garbage, well that is all they are going to be for you! They are going to be a burden to you, toxic to you, they are not going to support you. Is that understood?

I believe the current majority of US Citizens do not support you, Mr. DeSantis, and I am an important member of that majority. I should also note, I have been largely silent outside my family forums regarding you prior to this time. Today I am being courageous enough to take a public adversarial stance against you. I hope you can appreciate this. If not you, well, maybe my family will appreciate it. If not them, maybe random potential supporters of you on this public platform will appreciate it. I guess we'll see.

I also believe the current majority of US Citizens are and should remain "woke" per its proper definition that I linked previously. You may not agree with me on this. If that is the case, know that I am not changing my opinion no matter what happens. My opinion is God's opinion, per my current awareness and understanding of what God is. God is inclusive, not exclusive. And, yes, God is "woke" per the proper definition. So should I be, I believe. And so will you too be "woke", I would hope for that to happen in the near future.

Are you still with me, Mr. DeSantis? If so, I will continue.

Let me address some specific situations I see in your purview. You are refusing to resign your position as Florida governor in favor of running for US President. You have changed Florida laws to allow this refusal. I understand this. However, even though I don't live in Florida myself, I still value it greatly as part of the US. I have enjoyed many great vacations in Florida, seen many TV shows and other media programs set in Florida. I like Florida, okay? If you are leaving Florida to step onto a greater stage, a higher position of leadership, I would appreciate the knowledge that you are leaving Florida in good hands. Who is your Lieutenant Governor, Mr. DeSantis? Who will be in charge of Florida after you leave your current position? I am not aware of this individual right now, I need to become aware please.

I also would like you to settle your issues specific to Florida before you fully commit to the race for US President please. I respect your right to a backup plan, an exit strategy, but I would prefer that when you set your sights on a high position, you concentrate on matters pertaining to that position. Florida will not be your political stage when you are President, Mr. DeSantis. I do not believe you will enjoy the advantages you have in Florida- such as a legislative supermajority of supporters or a voter supermajority- when you are US President. You need to show me you understand this situation and are "woke"- there's that word again!- to your circumstances. You need to keep your attention in the proper place.

You need to stop fighting with Disney, if possible. Disney is a huge potential support group for you. They should not be your enemy. They have a lot of money and employees in Florida, even more so in America. They are also a big media company, one with a very large audience. If Disney turns against you, Mr. DeSantis, that will not be good for you. I also believe that Disney is "woke" per the proper definition and not the improper definition you had for that term prior to my typing this message per my current awareness. Disney is "woke" for good reason. So am I. So should you be. It is fine with me if you make Disney your ally, I am also fine with you being their Adversary. But if you commit to being their enemy, not their Adversary? Then I will not support you. I hope that is understood.

I have been an important ally of Disney for a long time. Even when they have put out movies I disliked such as Song of the South, I have supported them. Even when they have cancelled my favorite TV shows of theirs such as Gargoyles, I have remained a supporter of Disney. I have enjoyed Disney's labors, creative and otherwise, my entire life. My catalog of favorite TV shows, movies, and theme parks contains a large number of products from Disney and other related companies. You need to support Disney, Mr. DeSantis, if you want to earn any more support from me.

I would also prefer you adjust your stance on abortion slightly. Your stance on immigration also. I will address abortion first. You need to recognize the US is struggling with an expanding overall population right now, and a declining birth rate. You also need to recognize that rape origin, incest origin, things detrimental to the life of the child and the mother- these things cannot be eliminated from our society. You need to recognize this. You need to be willing to allow such exceptions to any anti-abortion law you might pass to exist. There is good reason for such exceptions to exist. I believe God can reincarnate souls if He finds it necessary, I learned He has that potential power when I studied Asian religion during my high school years. You may not believe God has such power, but you do believe God is omnipotent, right? Then He has such power, that is what I believe. If my belief is true, then God can override abortion. He can override murder. If God needs a particular soul on Earth, abortion will not prevent that need. Do you understand this belief of mine, Mr. DeSantis? I am not asking you to share my belief, I just need your understanding. Do I have it? I hope so.

Let's move on to immigration. On this political issue, I perceive you as very anti-immigration. I did not say anti-illegal immigration, I said anti-immigration. You are against further immigration to this country in general. This is not good, Mr. DeSantis. We need more immigrants in this country. We have a shortage of skilled workers for a lot of reasons. I myself work for a foreign-owned company and I work with a lot of people who were not born in these United States. My factory, my place of work, was originally an American factory and it is in Austin, Texas, in the US. However, this factory is owned by a foreign-owned company, and a large number of its employees are either immigrants to our nation or the descendants of immigrants. You want my support? Earn my employer's support. Earn the support of my co-workers. I do not think I need to identify my employer or co-workers specifically, so I will not. But I am telling you, earn their support if you want mine, please!

I also want you to adjust your stance on education, Mr. DeSantis. There is a prominent Asian politician named Oda Nobunaga whom I find similar to you in many ways. Like him, you have positioned yourself as a potential great unifier for our country. Like Nobunaga, you have also shown yourself to be a very organized, ambitious, and selfish individual. And like Nobunaga and another prominent Asian politician named Cao Tsao, you intend to be a "Hero in Chaos", someone who steps into a chaotic circumstance and makes the situation more organized, more lawful. Am I correct on all this? Well, you need to stop imitating the negative aspects of Nobunaga and Cao, Mr. DeSantis. That is my advice. You need to be tolerant of your opposition, not intolerant. You need to find value in your adversaries. You need to stop banning and burning books which might be of value to you. Please recognize the value of an Adversary, Mr. DeSantis. An enemy is something you oppose. An Adversary is something you oppose but also something that you can learn from. I prefer Adversaries to enemies for obvious reasons. I hope you share my preference, and that you will adjust your stance on education to allow for my preference, and that you will allow any schools you might have already established or will establish in the future to share my stance.

I think you need a better role model as a politician, Mr. DeSantis. Not Oda Nobunaga or Cao Tsao, let's pick someone American. Someone from Florida, whom you might easily be able to observe. Are you okay with this person being fictional? If so, let me now share his name. His name is Michael Weston. He used to be a spy for the Central Intelligence Agency until he was blacklisted by a sinister conspiracy of enemies to the United States which included foreign and domestic agents. Michael was forced to leave the employ of the US government. Nevertheless, he works in Miami, Florida helping random people in desperate situations. In this endeavor, Michael is aided by among others, his trigger-happy beautiful love interest; his best friend with a military background who has betrayed him in the past but is currently his supporter; his highly organized and capable family member; a down and out government agent he met along the way; a money launderer who aids his finances; and another family member who is constantly in bad shape overall but who looks to Michael as a role model.

Do you like Michael Weston, Mr. DeSantis? Do you think you can emulate him in your own circumstances? Do you think you can cast your allies as his allies if necessary? If so, I encourage you to research Michael Weston further. He is the lead character of a TV show called Burn Notice which ran for seven seasons on a prominent US television network. I would vote for Michael Weston as US President without hesitation. If you become more like Michael Weston, Mr. DeSantis, you will earn more of my support.

Let me now address your opponents in the race to become US President. I shall address Mr. Donald Trump first- he needs to be eliminated first from the race, per my belief. I do not like you, Mr. DeSantis, but I dislike Mr. Trump far more. I think his support for political theater and lack of support for organization and careful research is a dangerous trend in American politics. I will use the following analogy- suppose we have a race between a Tortoise and a Hare. The Hare is brash, overconfident of his victory, and ultimately lazy and inattentive when it is necessary that he be otherwise. Meanwhile the Tortoise is steady, disciplined, and attentive. I consider Mr. Trump a Hare, and a Hare is not worthy of my support in any race, no matter that Hare's ability to win. I support the Tortoise. I believe you are a potential Tortoise. Many of your supporters would, I believe, agree with me on this matter. A Tortoise earns my support over a Hare, Mr. DeSantis. If you are a Tortoise, I will support you over the Hare Mr. Trump.

I will also maintain my support of you if, unlike Mr. Trump, you display political values that benefit our nation. You must not be a disruptive influence on our nation. You must be "a uniter, not a divider" to use the words of another politician from your party who won the race for President not too long ago. You should not assume you will have a supermajority backing you in the US Legislature, you should be willing to work with a simple majority or even a minority if the circumstances make that a necessity. Do you understand? You need to reject the support of disruptive influences on our nation such as the various organizations which supported that unfortunate situation in our nation's capital which occurred on January 6, 2021. As an independent Democrat-leaning US citizen with a committed motivation to vote regularly, I do not support those people. I also do not support any politician who supports them. I am not sure of your stance regarding them. I hope you are sure of mine.

I also am not in support of any politician who would put themselves in a position above the common citizens of our United States. If, like Mr. Trump, you believe you are above the laws of our nation and the laws of common decency, you will not earn my support. If you are a flagrant pervert, a committed selfish jerk who refuses to even give his mistakes proper attention let alone learn from them, a disruptive influence looking to spread his attitude to his supporters and everyone else also... if you are like Mr. Trump, Mr. DeSantis, you will _not_ earn my support. You want more of my support? Don't be like Mr. Trump. And encourage your party not to be like him either, if at all possible, please!

Regarding your other potential opponents for the Republican nomination for US President, I see no threats among them. If you can defeat Trump, you should have no other serious contenders for your party's nomination. So that should make you smile, right?

Let's address something you've been waiting for now. Your biggest opponent in the race for US President, Mr. Joe Biden. The Democrat who currently holds the office you seek.

I support Mr. Biden for many good reasons. I think he is a very strong Tortoise, a very disciplined individual with a wide variety of issues in his agenda which I support. I also consider him a very "woke" individual per the proper definition. He may also be "woke" per your improper definition that I will not describe, but that is irrelevant to this discussion. You want to draw supporters away from Mr. Biden, do you not? Then, per my belief, you need to be inclusive, not exclusive. You need to be willing to accept support from a wide variety of people. It would help if their religion, gender, race, age, sexual orientation, and political stance was not something you mandated, do you agree? You would want support from women, LBGTQA people, non-white people, non-Christians, and left-leaning independent voters if such support would help you, would you not? I think Mr. Biden wants such support. He recognizes such support's importance. I do the same, and I say this as a committed Christian white straight cisgender male person. I hope you understand that.

Mr. Biden is also far more of a veteran career politician than Mr. Trump. This is why I voted for him over Mr. Trump back in 2020. He is a far more disciplined and organized individual, an individual of far more potential benefit to our country than Mr. Trump proved himself to be. I would want anyone who replaces Mr. Biden in his current office to be of similar potential benefit to our nation.

Mr. Biden also has weaknesses, several of which you might be able to exploit. He is getting on in years, his mind has limited capability. His body also has limited capability. I would gladly vote for a younger candidate of equal potential benefit to this nation over Mr. Biden for the office of US President. This is because of his age and his declining mental and physical state.

I am also concerned about Mr. Biden's family, such as his son Hunter. I don't like disruptive individuals in a position of power in our nation, and I do consider Hunter Biden such an individual. However, there are far more such individuals among Mr. Biden's opposition, per my current awareness. These include but are not limited to Donald Trump Senior, Donald Trump Junior, Eric Trump, Lara Trump, Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz, Ted Cruz, Kari Lake, and James Jordan. You, Mr. DeSantis, I believe you also have the potential to be such an individual. If you are such an individual, you will not earn my support for any office in these United States, especially not that of US President. If you can show yourself to be a non-disruptive influence on our nation- someone like Paul Ryan, Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Mitt Romney, Mitch McConnell, Kevin McCarthy, Asa Hutchinson, Young Kim, Jaime Herrera Beutler, Jennifer Carroll, Sarah Longwell, SE Cupp, & Julie Conway to name a few prominent Republicans- then you would earn more of my support.

So, Mr. DeSantis, you need to attack Mr. Biden's age and you need to be an inclusive person and a non-disruptive influence on these United States. Are you in agreement with me on all this? I hope that you are.

Let us not forget Mr. Biden's biggest weakness per my current awareness. He has a terrible person in the position of his potential Vice President, should he win the 2024 election. This individual, Ms. Kamala Harris, has in my opinion shown herself to be a very poor candidate for US President. She is not a major disruptive influence on our nation, that is my opinion, but she is a weak individual overall. She is weak on foreign affairs, underwhelming on ideology, very low key in public presence. Yes, she satisfies a certain agenda the Democrat Party has, but in my opinion addressing that agenda has been among their greatest weaknesses politically in recent times. I think you share my opinion on this, Mr. DeSantis, and you shared this opinion before you started reading my arguments here. Am I correct in this belief? If so, please take my advice. Go after Ms. Kamala Harris!

If Mr. Biden should be unable to perform his duties as US President, Ms. Harris is next in line for those duties. She is not someone who has my support right now. She has very little of my support, if any. You have more of my support for the office of US President than she does. Do you understand? I don't like Ms. Harris for a lot of good reasons. If you need further illustration of these reasons- click this link. You should find a good article summarizing Ms. Harris politically, addressing her strengths and weaknesses. I hope you will find value in said article.

I hope you will also carefully consider whom you would put in a similar position to Ms. Harris. Pick your own running mate for the US Presidential race. If said running mate is a non-disruptive individual, a Tortoise, a person like the candidate I want you to be, then that person will earn my support. You, Mr. DeSantis, will also earn more of my support if you can satisfy me on this issue. You should already have some names of people I would prefer you choose as your running mate, look back in these writings if you need such names again. You should also have several names of people whom I would prefer you not choose as your running mate. If you need such names, again, look back at what I have already written.

[deep breath] I am getting tired, so I need to wrap this up. Do you appreciate all that I have said, Mr. DeSantis? Are you willing to read it over and over until you understand and appreciate it? Are you willing to accept someone like me as your potential supporter, your Adversary, your Devil's Advocate? If you are willing to accept my support, I will support you as well. I want to stress that. Treat me how you would like to be treated, Mr. DeSantis. That is the key teaching of a prominent political leader whom I believe you and I both emulate. You should ask yourself in your current position- what would that political leader- let's call him JC- what would JC do?

I accidentally hit Submit just now. I did not properly edit this thread before posting it. OOPS!

Good luck, Mr. DeSantis and anyone else who might be reading this message! I hope you appreciate what I have had to say!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
DuhSantis

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

achtungnight posted:

You should ask yourself in your current position- what would that political leader- let's call him JC- what would JC do?

Jonald Crump?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

biden is a tortoise. got it

Prescott
May 16, 2023

I’m reading the Bible so I can teach the zombies about Heaven.
JC would at least stick around and break bread with whoever chose to sit through his sermonizing.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Just like desantis, jesus also ate with his hands

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
i liked your previous very racist thread better OP

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

DeSantis should simply eat the other candidates

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
if op wants me to read his his posts, here is what I think he should do:
write less words.

Prescott
May 16, 2023

I’m reading the Bible so I can teach the zombies about Heaven.
Just learned the man’s a Papist

How the hell are we letting Rome lever us into a choice between two of its servants?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
SYQ

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

DeSantis should simply eat the other candidates

He should eat pudding with a spoon

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i aint readin all that
im happy for you tho
or sorry for your loss

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 96 days!

achtungnight posted:

Let me address a couple things before I get to the meat of this thread. I am the opening poster of this thread, yes, but after this post I do not plan to post again. I have previously posted on this board, but after doing so I decided I do not like the atmosphere here. This board is too fast paced for me to keep up with all that is said, and it is also full of people whom I find to be disrespectful disruptive trolls, to say the nicest things I can regarding these people. For these reasons, I am going to be a "one and done" poster here. I will start a thread, but I will probably not monitor it or continue to post in it in the future. I will not close the thread either. I hope all this is understood. I also hope that the moderators of this board, and to a lesser extent the audience, are okay with this plan of mine.

If you are aware of the current state of USA politics regarding the 2024 US Presidential election, you may have heard of potential candidate Ron DeSantis. For those unaware, Mr. DeSantis is the current governor of Florida, a committed Republican, a professed Christian politician, and a man with a lot of potential support as a candidate for US President. I also believe him to be a very organized and selfish individual. You can look him up on the Internet if you need further information.

There is a lot of support for Mr. DeSantis entering the race for US President, should he decide to do that. This support includes people in my family, a large family that resides throughout the US in Texas, North Carolina, and other States. We are mostly a Republican conservative family. I think as far as Republicans and conservatives outside my family, Mr. DeSantis also has a lot of support. Most of his supporters, I believe, hold him as a good alternative to the current Republican frontrunner in the US Presidential Race, Mr. Donald Trump Senior. They also hold Mr. DeSantis as a good alternative to Mr. Joe Biden, the current holder of the office of US President.

Mr. DeSantis has a lot of opposition also. He has opposition from Democrats like Mr. Biden of course. He also has opposition from Independent American citizens like me- people willing to stand in opposition to his supporters, no matter whom those supporters might be. I think that as a member of Mr. DeSantis' opposition, a preferred Adversary* of his, I should lay out what I think he could and should do to earn my support, to make me change from opposing him to supporting him. I plan to share my words on this matter with my family as well as this board. I do not plan to share any particular response to my words here with my family. Is that understood? I hope so.

*Before I continue, please allow me to define the term "Adversary". This is a term I learned in my studies at a Catholic high school. It refers to the Devil. An Adversary is an enemy of all that is Good, all that God supports. It is also an enemy of God that God ultimately hopes to turn back to his side someday. God hopes his Adversary Satan will be able to transform back into his ally someday. He prays that will someday be a possibility. God enjoys playing Devil's Advocate with his Adversary, I learned that at Catholic school also. I am intending to play Devil's Advocate with my Adversary Mr. DeSantis in this thread.

Is the last paragraph understood? I would prefer it be understood before we continue. Is it understood? Good.

Mr. DeSantis, you have prominent support among my family. You do not have my support. As you might imagine, this situation is causing me friction. I need to address it. I am doing that here. I am playing Devil's Advocate with you and your supporters as my Adversary. I do not plan to post here after I say what I need to say, nor do I intend to monitor the thread. Your supporters here and anyone else who might disagree with me, those who might agree with me also, they should all remember these things. I have said these things before, I wish to emphasize my repeated points.

So, Mr. DeSantis, you may be wondering what you could do to earn my support as a voter in your US Presidential Race.

First, you should know you have some of my support already. I am mostly independent, and I do lean Democrat on most issues, but there are certain issues on which I lean Republican. I am in support of gun rights, for example. My sister owns a gun store. She is also a former employee of Fox News, one of your major political allies. I support my sister and people like her. My sister has told me she supports you in your current race. There are other people in my family who may support you as well. I support these people; however I do not support you.

Most of my family, I believe, supports you, Mr. DeSantis, in your current race against Mr. Trump and Mr. Biden. The majority is for you. Significant minorities support your opponents, however. Regarding Mr. Trump, there is a member of my family, my cousin, who values flagrant political statements over rational researched political opinions. He has indicated to me that he supports Mr. Trump. I, a person who values rational research for my political opinion over flagrant theater (I think you're like me in this regard, right)- I currently support Mr. Biden. I am however concerned about a lot of things regarding Mr. Biden. I will further address these concerns below. Please stay with me for that. Are you with me? I hope so.

There are things more important to me in your current situation than Mr. Biden. I need you to understand that. I also need you to understand there are things more important than any issue you might prefer to address. My needs as a citizen of the USA, as a potential American voter, these needs come first to me. They are more important than the needs of any particular candidate, party, or any other potential voter. Do you understand this? I hope so.

First of all, you need to get in the race. You are supported as a candidate for US President by a large number of people. That is good. But, according to my current awareness, you have not officially declared your candidacy. I know you still have time to make such a declaration, I know such a declaration takes a lot of effort to arrange, but my patience is wearing thin. The efforts of your opponents are weakening my support for you, current and potential. In particular, I will point out this article, which suggests that you may be a "ghost candidate" in the race. The article defines "ghost candidate" as a candidate who is in a political race but not expected to win, one who is only there to direct support away from another candidate and help a more popular preferred candidate. Are you such a candidate, Mr. DeSantis? I hope you're not. I would really prefer your political party not engage in such tactics as using ghost candidates. I agree with the writer of the article I linked that such tactics should be illegal. I also acknowledge that such a law would be difficult to enforce, but I still would support such a law.

You need to declare you are actually running for US President, Mr. DeSantis, is that understood? You need to prove to me you are not a ghost.

Second thing- I would prefer you drop your current "anti-woke" agenda. I urge you to remember the original definition of "woke" according to the US Merriam-Webster dictionary- relevant link. That definition for "woke" is "aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)". This definition is not in line with your current definition of the term "woke". This is not good. "Woke", per Merriam-Webster's and my own definition of the term, is a positive thing, not a negative thing. I believe that as a nation, these United States of America should remain aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues, especially those of racial and social justice. In other words, we should remain "woke" per the proper definition of the term, not any improper incorrect definition you or your current supporters might create.

Let me take that last point a bit further. You need to make your supporters inclusive, not exclusive. You may consider such an idea in opposition to your current agenda. I do not think that should be the case. You want more support, right? Not less? If that is so, you need to reach out to those who currently do not support you! And if you treat your non-supporters like garbage, well that is all they are going to be for you! They are going to be a burden to you, toxic to you, they are not going to support you. Is that understood?

I believe the current majority of US Citizens do not support you, Mr. DeSantis, and I am an important member of that majority. I should also note, I have been largely silent outside my family forums regarding you prior to this time. Today I am being courageous enough to take a public adversarial stance against you. I hope you can appreciate this. If not you, well, maybe my family will appreciate it. If not them, maybe random potential supporters of you on this public platform will appreciate it. I guess we'll see.

I also believe the current majority of US Citizens are and should remain "woke" per its proper definition that I linked previously. You may not agree with me on this. If that is the case, know that I am not changing my opinion no matter what happens. My opinion is God's opinion, per my current awareness and understanding of what God is. God is inclusive, not exclusive. And, yes, God is "woke" per the proper definition. So should I be, I believe. And so will you too be "woke", I would hope for that to happen in the near future.

Let me address some specific situations I see in your purview. You are refusing to resign your position as Florida governor in favor of running for US President. You have changed Florida laws to allow this refusal. I understand this. However, even though I don't live in Florida myself, I still value it greatly as part of the US. I have enjoyed many great vacations in Florida, seen many TV shows and other media programs set in Florida. I like Florida, okay? If you are leaving Florida to step onto a greater stage, a higher position of leadership, I would appreciate the knowledge that you are leaving Florida in good hands. Who is your Lieutenant Governor, Mr. DeSantis? Who will be in charge of Florida after you leave your current position? I am not aware of this individual right now, I need to become aware please.

I also would like you to settle your issues specific to Florida before you fully commit to the race for US President please. I respect your right to a backup plan, an exit strategy, but I would prefer that when you set your sights on a high position, you concentrate on matters pertaining to that position. Florida will not be your political stage when you are President, Mr. DeSantis. I do not believe you will enjoy the advantages you have in Florida- such as a legislative supermajority of supporters or a voter supermajority- when you are US President. You need to show me you understand this situation and are "woke"- there's that word again!- to your circumstances. You need to keep your attention in the proper place.

You need to stop fighting with Disney, if possible. Disney is a huge potential support group for you. They should not be your enemy. They have a lot of money and employees in Florida, even more so in America. They are also a big media company, one with a very large audience. If Disney turns against you, Mr. DeSantis, that will not be good for you. I also believe that Disney is "woke" per the proper definition and not the improper definition you had for that term prior to my typing this message per my current awareness. Disney is "woke" for good reason. So am I. So should you be. It is fine with me if you make Disney your ally, I am also fine with you being their Adversary. But if you commit to being their enemy, not their Adversary? Then I will not support you. I hope that is understood.

I have been an important ally of Disney for a long time. Even when they have put out movies I disliked such as Song of the South, I have supported them. Even when they have cancelled my favorite TV shows of theirs such as Gargoyles, I have remained a supporter of Disney. I have enjoyed Disney's labors, creative and otherwise, my entire life. My catalog of favorite TV shows, movies, and theme parks contains a large number of products from Disney and other related companies. You need to support Disney, Mr. DeSantis, if you want to earn any more support from me.

I would also prefer you adjust your stance on abortion slightly. Your stance on immigration also. I will address abortion first. You need to recognize the US is struggling with an expanding overall population right now, and a declining birth rate. You also need to recognize that rape origin, incest origin, things detrimental to the life of the child and the mother- these things cannot be eliminated from our society. You need to recognize this. You need to be willing to allow such exceptions to any anti-abortion law you might pass to exist. There is good reason for such exceptions to exist. I believe God can reincarnate souls if He finds it necessary, I learned He has that potential power when I studied Asian religion during my high school years. You may not believe God has such power, but you do believe God is omnipotent, right? Then He has such power, that is what I believe. If my belief is true, then God can override abortion. He can override murder. If God needs a particular soul on Earth, abortion will not prevent that need. Do you understand this belief of mine, Mr. DeSantis? I am not asking you to share my belief, I just need your understanding. Do I have it? I hope so.

Let's move on to immigration. On this political issue, I perceive you as very anti-immigration. I did not say anti-illegal immigration, I said anti-immigration. You are against further immigration to this country in general. This is not good, Mr. DeSantis. We need more immigrants in this country. We have a shortage of skilled workers for a lot of reasons. I myself work for a foreign-owned company and I work with a lot of people who were not born in these United States. My factory, my place of work, was originally an American factory and it is in Austin, Texas, in the US. However, this factory is owned by a foreign-owned company, and a large number of its employees are either immigrants to our nation or the descendants of immigrants. You want my support? Earn my employer's support. Earn the support of my co-workers. I do not think I need to identify my employer or co-workers specifically, so I will not. But I am telling you, earn their support if you want mine, please!

I also want you to adjust your stance on education, Mr. DeSantis. There is a prominent Asian politician named Oda Nobunaga whom I find similar to you in many ways. Like him, you have positioned yourself as a potential great unifier for our country. Like Nobunaga, you have also shown yourself to be a very organized, ambitious, and selfish individual. And like Nobunaga and another prominent Asian politician named Cao Tsao, you intend to be a "Hero in Chaos", someone who steps into a chaotic circumstance and makes the situation more organized, more lawful. Am I correct on all this? Well, you need to stop imitating the negative aspects of Nobunaga and Cao, Mr. DeSantis. That is my advice. You need to be tolerant of your opposition, not intolerant. You need to find value in your adversaries. You need to stop banning and burning books which might be of value to you. Please recognize the value of an Adversary, Mr. DeSantis. An enemy is something you oppose. An Adversary is something you oppose but also something that you can learn from. I prefer Adversaries to enemies for obvious reasons. I hope you share my preference, and that you will adjust your stance on education to allow for my preference, and that you will allow any schools you might have already established or will establish in the future to share my stance.

I think you need a better role model as a politician, Mr. DeSantis. Not Oda Nobunaga or Cao Tsao, let's pick someone American. Someone from Florida, whom you might easily be able to observe. Are you okay with this person being fictional? If so, let me now share his name. His name is Michael Weston. He used to be a spy for the Central Intelligence Agency until he was blacklisted by a sinister conspiracy of enemies to the United States which included foreign and domestic agents. Michael was forced to leave the employ of the US government. Nevertheless, he works in Miami, Florida helping random people in desperate situations. In this endeavor, Michael is aided by among others, his trigger-happy beautiful love interest; his best friend with a military background who has betrayed him in the past but is currently his supporter; his highly organized and capable family member; a down and out government agent he met along the way; a money launderer who aids his finances; and another family member who is constantly in bad shape overall but who looks to Michael as a role model.

Do you like Michael Weston, Mr. DeSantis? Do you think you can emulate him in your own circumstances? Do you think you can cast your allies as his allies if necessary? If so, I encourage you to research Michael Weston further. He is the lead character of a TV show called Burn Notice which ran for seven seasons on a prominent US television network. I would vote for Michael Weston as US President without hesitation. If you become more like Michael Weston, Mr. DeSantis, you will earn more of my support.

Let me now address your opponents in the race to become US President. I shall address Mr. Donald Trump first- he needs to be eliminated first from the race, per my belief. I do not like you, Mr. DeSantis, but I dislike Mr. Trump far more. I think his support for political theater and lack of support for organization and careful research is a dangerous trend in American politics. I will use the following analogy- suppose we have a race between a Tortoise and a Hare. The Hare is brash, overconfident of his victory, and ultimately lazy and inattentive when it is necessary that he be otherwise. Meanwhile the Tortoise is steady, disciplined, and attentive. I consider Mr. Trump a Hare, and a Hare is not worthy of my support in any race, no matter that Hare's ability to win. I support the Tortoise. I believe you are a potential Tortoise. Many of your supporters would, I believe, agree with me on this matter. A Tortoise earns my support over a Hare, Mr. DeSantis. If you are a Tortoise, I will support you over the Hare Mr. Trump.

I will also maintain my support of you if, unlike Mr. Trump, you display political values that benefit our nation. You must not be a disruptive influence on our nation. You must be "a uniter, not a divider" to use the words of another politician from your party who won the race for President not too long ago. You should not assume you will have a supermajority backing you in the US Legislature, you should be willing to work with a simple majority or even a minority if the circumstances make that a necessity. Do you understand? You need to reject the support of disruptive influences on our nation such as the various organizations which supported that unfortunate situation in our nation's capital which occurred on January 6, 2021. As an independent Democrat-leaning US citizen with a committed motivation to vote regularly, I do not support those people. I also do not support any politician who supports them. I am not sure of your stance regarding them. I hope you are sure of mine.

I also am not in support of any politician who would put themselves in a position above the common citizens of our United States. If, like Mr. Trump, you believe you are above the laws of our nation and the laws of common decency, you will not earn my support. If you are a flagrant pervert, a committed selfish jerk who refuses to even give his mistakes proper attention let alone learn from them, a disruptive influence looking to spread his attitude to his supporters and everyone else also... if you are like Mr. Trump, Mr. DeSantis, you will _not_ earn my support. You want more of my support? Don't be like Mr. Trump. And encourage your party not to be like him either, if at all possible, please!

Regarding your other potential opponents for the Republican nomination for US President, I see no threats among them. If you can defeat Trump, you should have no other serious contenders for your party's nomination. So that should make you smile, right?

Let's address something you've been waiting for now. Your biggest opponent in the race for US President, Mr. Joe Biden. The Democrat who currently holds the office you seek.

I support Mr. Biden for many good reasons. I think he is a very strong Tortoise, a very disciplined individual with a wide variety of issues in his agenda which I support. I also consider him a very "woke" individual per the proper definition. He may also be "woke" per your improper definition that I will not describe, but that is irrelevant to this discussion. You want to draw supporters away from Mr. Biden, do you not? Then, per my belief, you need to be inclusive, not exclusive. You need to be willing to accept support from a wide variety of people. It would help if their religion, gender, race, age, sexual orientation, and political stance was not something you mandated, do you agree? You would want support from women, LBGTQA people, non-white people, non-Christians, and left-leaning independent voters if such support would help you, would you not? I think Mr. Biden wants such support. He recognizes such support's importance. I do the same, and I say this as a committed Christian white straight cisgender male person. I hope you understand that.

Mr. Biden is also far more of a veteran career politician than Mr. Trump. This is why I voted for him over Mr. Trump back in 2020. He is a far more disciplined and organized individual, an individual of far more potential benefit to our country than Mr. Trump proved himself to be. I would want anyone who replaces Mr. Biden in his current office to be of similar potential benefit to our nation.

Mr. Biden also has weaknesses, several of which you might be able to exploit. He is getting on in years, his mind has limited capability. His body also has limited capability. I would gladly vote for a younger candidate of equal potential benefit to this nation over Mr. Biden for the office of US President. This is because of his age and his declining mental and physical state.

I am also concerned about Mr. Biden's family, such as his son Hunter. I don't like disruptive individuals in a position of power in our nation, and I do consider Hunter Biden such an individual. However, there are far more such individuals among Mr. Biden's opposition, per my current awareness. These include but are not limited to Donald Trump Senior, Donald Trump Junior, Eric Trump, Lara Trump, Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz, Ted Cruz, Kari Lake, and James Jordan. You, Mr. DeSantis, I believe you also have the potential to be such an individual. If you are such an individual, you will not earn my support for any office in these United States, especially not that of US President. If you can show yourself to be a non-disruptive influence on our nation- someone like Paul Ryan, Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Mitt Romney, Mitch McConnell, Kevin McCarthy, Asa Hutchinson, Young Kim, Jaime Herrera Beutler, Jennifer Carroll, Sarah Longwell, SE Cupp, & Julie Conway to name a few prominent Republicans- then you would earn more of my support.

So, Mr. DeSantis, you need to attack Mr. Biden's age and you need to be an inclusive person and a non-disruptive influence on these United States. Are you in agreement with me on all this? I hope that you are.

Let us not forget Mr. Biden's biggest weakness per my current awareness. He has a terrible person in the position of his potential Vice President, should he win the 2024 election. This individual, Ms. Kamala Harris, has in my opinion shown herself to be a very poor candidate for US President. She is not a major disruptive influence on our nation, that is my opinion, but she is a weak individual overall. She is weak on foreign affairs, underwhelming on ideology, very low key in public presence. Yes, she satisfies a certain agenda the Democrat Party has, but in my opinion addressing that agenda has been among their greatest weaknesses politically in recent times. I think you share my opinion on this, Mr. DeSantis, and you shared this opinion before you started reading my arguments here. Am I correct in this belief? If so, please take my advice. Go after Ms. Kamala Harris!

If Mr. Biden should be unable to perform his duties as US President, Ms. Harris is next in line for those duties. She is not someone who has my support right now. She has very little of my support, if any. You have more of my support for the office of US President than she does. Do you understand? I don't like Ms. Harris for a lot of good reasons. If you need further illustration of these reasons- click this link. You should find a good article summarizing Ms. Harris politically, addressing her strengths and weaknesses. I hope you will find value in said article.

I hope you will also carefully consider whom you would put in a similar position to Ms. Harris. Pick your own running mate for the US Presidential race. If said running mate is a non-disruptive individual, a Tortoise, a person like the candidate I want you to be, then that person will earn my support. You, Mr. DeSantis, will also earn more of my support if you can satisfy me on this issue. You should already have some names of people I would prefer you choose as your running mate, look back in these writings if you need such names again. You should also have several names of people whom I would prefer you not choose as your running mate. If you need such names, again, look back at what I have already written.

[deep breath] I am getting tired, so I need to wrap this up. Do you appreciate all that I have said, Mr. DeSantis? Are you willing to read it over and over until you understand and appreciate it? Are you willing to accept someone like me as your potential supporter, your Adversary, your Devil's Advocate? If you are willing to accept my support, I will support you as well. I want to stress that. Treat me how you would like to be treated, Mr. DeSantis. That is the key teaching of a prominent political leader whom I believe you and I both emulate. You should ask yourself in your current position- what would that political leader- let's call him JC- what would JC do?

I accidentally hit Submit just now. I did not properly edit this thread before posting it. OOPS!

Good luck, Mr. DeSantis and anyone else who might be reading this message! I hope you appreciate what I have had to say!

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
It's cool that you got Chat GPT to make all that for you.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

really put on your klan robe for this one huh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm sorry dear I wasn't listening

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

not reading any of this

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

achtungnight posted:

I also want you to adjust your stance on education, Mr. DeSantis. There is a prominent Asian politician named Oda Nobunaga whom I find similar to you in many ways. Like him, you have positioned yourself as a potential great unifier for our country. Like Nobunaga, you have also shown yourself to be a very organized, ambitious, and selfish individual. And like Nobunaga and another prominent Asian politician named Cao Tsao, you intend to be a "Hero in Chaos"

little known fact about Cao Cao is that he actually wrote some pretty good poetry

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
when is disney moving out of florida?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Weaponized Autism posted:

when is disney moving out of florida?

Never. But they'll do press releases every few months about how they were just about to break ground on the newest multi-billion dollar Disney property but now they're not going to and it'll cost Florida x number of jobs or whatever. Usual corporate playbook while the lawyers fight it out in court.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

so which permabanned poster is ron desantis

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Jesus Christ is going to kick the rear end of every false christian bigot and they will spend forever burning in hell for their inability to realize Christ loves the people you goats oppress, and he despises you who oppress in his name. Repent. Fear this God you have been misled into blaspheming with bigotry, or burn for it like the heathen scum you are.

tump

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Jazerus posted:

so which permabanned poster is ron desantis

derpies

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
hold on slow down I didn’t understand the last paragraph.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

tl;dr

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

achtungnight posted:

I am literally Ron Desantis and I have taken all this to heart. Thank you achtungnight. Your words have helped me understand. I will do better, for you

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Wow, your post has just left me utterly flabbergasted. The audacity of such a poorly reasoned argument! It's staggering how quickly you gloss over critical details and latch onto half-baked assumptions.

Firstly, your claim about [subject matter] reveals a profound misunderstanding of the basic principles involved. You are, quite simply, ignoring a mountain of evidence that clearly contradicts your point. Maybe a little more research and less knee-jerk reaction would serve you well.

Secondly, your argument seems to operate under a false dichotomy: that either [this extreme example] is true, or [that extreme example] is. Reality, in case you've missed it, is a vast, complex tapestry that doesn't conveniently fit into your binary view.

Lastly, the smug superiority you exude while spouting this misguided nonsense is, frankly, mind-boggling. We're all here to engage in constructive, thoughtful dialogue, not to throw out poorly conceived notions and act as if we've reinvented the wheel.

Perhaps you should take a step back, reassess your approach, and return when you're ready to contribute meaningfully to the conversation. We all have much to learn, and your current post, unfortunately, does not reflect that understanding.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
desantis is a bobble headed bitch op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 96 days!

Al! posted:

desantis is a bobble headed bitch op