Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Will the debt limit go up? Will it go down? Who knows! Let's cheer for a good or bad ending depending on whether or not we want our friends and loved ones to suffer or not

I hope the debt ceiling goes up, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Let's go TEAM UP baby woooooo!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this would be extremely funny

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

not my problem

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the debt ceiling is being held up by the rest of the house of cards and soon it will tumble like domino rally

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Number go up

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

blatman posted:

the debt ceiling is being held up by the rest of the house of cards and soon it will tumble like domino rally

Ah good, a smooth, controlled tipping over, while we childishly clap our hands with glee at the spectacle that we have deliberately set up. Unlike a more concerning jenga-like toppling over all at once

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

blatman posted:

checkmate

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

king me bitch

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I clicked this thread hoping it would say when the limit is supposed to be reached.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

it's June 1 but it doesn't really matter because it's all bourgeoise kayfabe electoral bullshit!

:toxx: for the debt ceiling to be raised just like it has been done before, every single time

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

it's June 1 but it doesn't really matter because it's all bourgeoise kayfabe electoral bullshit!

:toxx: for the debt ceiling to be raised just like it has been done before, every single time

Seems to be more of a question for what stupid BS Biden freely gives to the repubs in order for the raising to happen.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
they should lower it imo. time for some fiscal responsability

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019
We can raise the debt ceiling as long as any additional spending goes towards an official "Cleanse the earth of the unhoused" campaign

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

sean mcelwee voice we're going to abolish the debt ceiling

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1659690613254803457

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

*supreme court calls it easily*

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
wet ceiling

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

been saying this, however Biden is a republican

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/byHeatherLong/status/1660398118754451457?s=20

we got more time!!!

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
fiscal edging

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug
*banging fists on the table* default, deFAULT, DEFAULT, DEFAULT!!!!!!!!!

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
debt ceiling?? I heard it was through the roof!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Top Gun Reference posted:

*banging fists on the table* default, deFAULT, DEFAULT, DEFAULT!!!!!!!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The deadline is June 1, so we've still got a full week of bullshit posturing before things start to get interesting

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I don't want a debt ceiling, I want a debt floor.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

blatman posted:

chess vs checkers political cartoon except it's the DNC trying to roll dice on the GOP's Hungry Hungry Hippos board

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
if only hillary was allowed to smash that debt ceiling

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I hope they make the coin so we get a sweet nic cage movie about stealing it.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Weka posted:

I hope they make the coin so we get a sweet nic cage movie about stealing it.

honestly if theres one guy id trust to talk debt its nic cage, man's got a hole in his wallet but a cage always pays his debts

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mint the trillion Iraqi dinar coin

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
hahahahahahahaha how the gently caress is a debt ceiling real hahahaha yellen just walk away from the debt like yellen mint the coin haha

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
as a fan of debt strike, im lovin it

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'd call the fuckers up and tell them how much my america hating rear end is getting off on the idea that they will achieve this great killing blow against wicked babylon but I don't want to jinx it

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Delta-Wye posted:

hahahahahahahaha how the gently caress is a debt ceiling real hahahaha yellen just walk away from the debt like yellen mint the coin haha

Did you know this post is eerily similar to a tweet that's over a decade old and was played out almost a decade ago? Strange coincidence, if you ask me!

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Government should be run like a household.

Mr President, please make a column on the excel sheet for weed munny

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I hope America explodes itself, but Im steeling myself instead for reasonable moderate compromises

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

who do they owe money to? anyone important?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Did you know this post is eerily similar to a tweet that's over a decade old and was played out almost a decade ago? Strange coincidence, if you ask me!

ur mom was played out long before that