Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karl Welzein
Apr 15, 2022

The taquitos are good and the pizza is alright in a pinch. Wash it all down with a Slurpee. Now that’s clean livin’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

dont have em round here, op

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

9/11 though thats everywhere

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
gently caress i forgot

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
back at my last job i used to frequent the nearby 7/11 for pizza and chicken tenders. the tenders were usually pretty dang good although sometimes they came out a bit cold. used to freak me out a bit when it'd happen until a co-worker said "oh dude those are all already pre-cooked, it's fine, you can just nuke it up a bit"

"but wait," i can hear u thinking, "if you thought they were loving up and occasionally giving you undercooked chicken why would you keep going back to that??" well tbh i was not making healthy choices at that time. plus, when it was good, it was good

the pizza was alright. nothing special, pretty consistent though. nice break from the tendies.

when i started, one of my co-workers was a nutjob russian ex-pat who would sometimes get a "cheeseburger hotdog"* from the 7/11 for breakfast, and other times get a couple of the hard-boiled eggs; for the eggs, he'd get a packet of mayonnaise, put it on the other half of the egg container, sprinkle some salt and pepper in there, and dip the eggs into the mayo. (i'm not saying he was a nutjob for his 7/11 habits, he was a nutjob for other reasons which are outside the scope of this thread)

*imagine a really thick russian accent saying "cheeseburger hotdog" and if you think your imagined voice sounds a bit too exaggerated, you've probably got it just right

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Wish my local one had the warm food thing. The wings are better than they should be.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
10 wings for five bucks was a delicious deal while it lasted

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I was at the 7/11 earlier buying malt liquor, g zero, and ice cream. The person ahead of me in line was some tweaked out old hillbilly guy who paid for a coffee drink and some gas with a hundred dollar bill. The store clerk took the money and gave change without checking for counterfeit, which I thought was odd. When I was pulling out I saw him filling up his truck and sipping his drink, still shaking all weird

7/11 has got some good stuff tho I like the boxes of cookies they sell at the checkout

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

With the new hundreds a quick look at the holographic stripe is all it takes. Counterfeiters who can dupe those aren't laundering them by breaking them at a convenience store for gas money.

Even then, cash has a certain feel to it that's hard to duplicate, thanks to the high cotton content in the paper. Handle enough cash and you can tell a counterfeit the instant you touch it. Again, counterfeiters who do poo poo like washing the ink out ones to reprint them aren't doing business with you. You're getting the guys running 20s through a copier and hoping for the best.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
They have legit good coffee. Better than starbucks IMO and they let me fill a Yeti and give me the "refill" price.

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
7-11 is very good. when im working late i eat there a lot kuz i forgot to eat between breakfast and like 1am. usually rhe pizza is gone by then and i dont have the heart to ask the guy to put a new one out for me. but if there is pizza there you can get 2 slices and a tallboy for cheap, nice nightcap and dinner. another move is to get "the italian job" sandwitch and a bag of chips for a deli experience sitting on the curb. overall not bad for 1am.

big problem here though is now they lock the beer cabinets, which is annoying, kuz you have to summon the dude to get your beer. very annoying. pisses me off.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
nothing NOTHING better when very hung over than the largest possible big gulp of fountain mtn dew. mana from heaven.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Dude at my old 7-Eleven told me he can heat up one of the frozen $5 pizzas in their turbo convection oven in like 6 minutes. That was dangerous info that I took advantage of frequently while drunk

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fartington Butts posted:

Dude at my old 7-Eleven told me he can heat up one of the frozen $5 pizzas in their turbo convection oven in like 6 minutes. That was dangerous info that I took advantage of frequently while drunk

wow thats an elite strat

Karl Welzein
Apr 15, 2022

Fartington Butts posted:

Based knowledge

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i like their spicy chicken sandwiches, especially if you can get a fresh one. so bomb.

----------------

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Years back they had these refrigerated sandwiches that you would heat up in their/your microwave. Cheesesteak, chipotle chicken, etc.. They were the best. :sigh:

----------------

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

Chinatown posted:

They have legit good coffee. Better than starbucks IMO and they let me fill a Yeti and give me the "refill" price.

one of the last remaining decent deals in the coffee space, since dunkin' decided to go all in on expensive coffee drinks.

but i hate that they don't have coffee sleeves anymore... their insulated cups that "don't need sleeves" are a goddamn lie!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Smythe posted:

nothing NOTHING better when very hung over than the largest possible big gulp of fountain mtn dew. mana from heaven.

back when i was in high school i somehow wound up with two of the refillable X-TREME GULP :black101: mugs, so for LAN parties i'd stop by the 7-11 and fill both of them up with mtn dew

like to think it helped make me the man i am today (a huge fatass)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
In general one of the best fountain drink experiences in that they generally clean the machine (so a leg up over Circle K and mom and pop spots) and they use filtered water for their ice. There was a while where Quik Trip overtook them but they've let their standards dip over the last couple years so it's less of a predictable experience.

My local one has a a deli because there was a deli/7-11 concept in the late 90s that just never has died off here, and frankly it's very bad,and also means we don't get most of the new foods (there is only one that has the normal 7-11 foods in town and they always are very busy so I don't go there often). I dunno maybe I should give it another try though because now they have fancy meat and cheese in the window, it just tastes like a the type of sandwich you'd get at school if your parents didn't pay your meal plan and also wouldn't sign you up for the free lunch program.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

back when i was in high school i somehow wound up with two of the refillable X-TREME GULP :black101: mugs, so for LAN parties i'd stop by the 7-11 and fill both of them up with mtn dew

ok this might be too much mtn dew

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Tried the new bomb pop mtn dew, very good

e: wait this isn’t the soda thread oh well

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Karl Welzein posted:

The taquitos are good and the pizza is alright in a pinch. Wash it all down with a Slurpee. Now that’s clean livin’

Foley please eat a salad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've eaten many a 7/11 taquito and never gotten food poisoning, which is more than I can say for several actual restaurants.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

hell yeah

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That looks dope.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

For a while, they had a house-brand fountain-dispensed energy drink called Quake Berry Blast that was beyond even Mtn Dew. Unfortunately it started disappearing about this time last year. I never got the chance to fill one of the gigantic Gulp mugs with it, that probably would have been courting a heart attack.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
what tacquitos yall get?

They made the beer gay and I said ok, who cares? Apparently my neighbor Keith.

SASS-F9CF7

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Beer Gay So What posted:

what tacquitos yall get?

1 steak and cheese, 1 cream cheese jalapeno, and 1 chicken montery jack

always hits the spot

----------------

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Extra Mile has better taquitos

They're rockin a pepperoni and cheese one over there

----------------

Karl Welzein
Apr 15, 2022

Pretty hot today. A Slurpee could be the move.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
been hittin up 7/11 for a giant iced espresso and two rollers pre work this week and drat ive been sleepin, all that for under a fiver

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Karl Welzein posted:

Pretty hot today. A Slurpee could be the move.

I did this, there's a new yuzu flavor that I'm into.
10/10 would slurp again

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The best creamsicles were the 7-11 branded ones where both the ice and ice milk were melon flavoured. Only in Japan, y'all! Only in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WJbP88OMp8

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Found some 7/11 branded cashews that were ramen flavored. Tasted exactly as described, would buy again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Those’re great. Coworkers look at me weird when I tell them they’re chicken ramen flavored.