Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
If i time my claps just right, the destructive interference will cancel out someone else's claps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
This year we're giving all attendees specially designed gloves to wear at all screenings. The manufacturers insist these gloves will not only provide an excellent clapping experience, but also should bring an end to the ripped hands and bloody floors that have become a common feature after showings of particularly masterful works.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Private Cumshoe posted:

:bravo: here comes Roman Polanski

my applause falters momentarily and I appear slightly uncomfortable, before frantically redoubling my efforts for the cameras

within 96 hours I find myself fired and blackballed by literally every media outlet of every kind on the face of the planet

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 22, 2023

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Anyone not clapping will be exposed and shamed!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Me, after years of physical therapy and emotional toil, being able clap for the first time since the accident and now these assholes around me are clapping so loud I can't hear my beautiful hand music. drat you Cannes Film Festival. drat you forever.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Literally A Person posted:

Me, after years of physical therapy and emotional toil, being able clap for the first time since the accident and now these assholes around me are clapping so loud I can't hear my beautiful hand music. drat you Cannes Film Festival. drat you forever.

Are u the protagonist from The Sparrow

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Are u the protagonist from The Sparrow

Maybe

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
LOL did you hear Indiana Jones only got a measly five-minute standing ovation hahaha how pathetic!
https://twitter.com/GQMagazine/status/1660702581486657548

I mean no wonder Harrison Ford was crying

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1659294979485757486

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

for real tho, anyone been to an event where they do a minutes applause for something instead of a silence. it starts to feel weird and awkward as gently caress after like 30 seconds. i have no idea how these idiots can stand there for minutes at a time lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

LOL did you hear Indiana Jones only got a measly five-minute standing ovation hahaha how pathetic!
https://twitter.com/GQMagazine/status/1660702581486657548

I mean no wonder Harrison Ford was crying

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1659294979485757486

Worthless rear end movie!!

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
They will have to kill me to get me to stop clapping

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Jakabite posted:

*has an obnoxiously loud clap I’m really proud of but really hurt my hands, not expecting how long I’ll be expected to maintain the volume and power of the clap*

I'm the goober that decides to keep clapping one or two claps after everyone else stops.

This is mostly for Military / Gov't Awards ceremonies. That are mandatory voluntary events.

Maybe throw out a Ric Flair "WOOOOOOOO!!!!" if I know the person.

And I clap loud as poo poo. I don't know if I could last through a Cannes ovation.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Indian Jones and the big hairy balls

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Harrison Ford old and his house probably smells like a nursing home.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

Harrison Ford old and his house probably smells like a nursing home.

He should crash more planes.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
That was a great piss! Ok, better head back to my seat now, the movie's about to start.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

what is the sound of one chin clapping

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i cant wait to do more blow when i get back to my room

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

The clapping was probably very noisy and it scared and confused him

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

It’s like that dancing plague of 1518 that occurred in the Holy Roman Empire where a mass hysteria of people danced to their deaths from exhaustion and injuries.

Only it’s a clapping plague, and you can’t stop until your hands are pulp and bones.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

blight rhino posted:

I'm the goober that decides to keep clapping one or two claps after everyone else stops.

This is mostly for Military / Gov't Awards ceremonies. That are mandatory voluntary events.

Maybe throw out a Ric Flair "WOOOOOOOO!!!!" if I know the person.

And I clap loud as poo poo. I don't know if I could last through a Cannes ovation.

Hell yeah, if im clapping im loving CLAPPING. I cant understand these 'people' who like, just tepidly put their hands together with no force.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

still clapping and i miss my family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

technically I'm still here and applauding, but since my little incident earlier I've been digitally removed and replaced by a deepfake of Carrie Fisher