Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Possibly the worst cover I've ever been subjected to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwuIIsDjgZg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Also, as a general rule, 99% of covers that are metal covers of a non-metal song, and 99% of covers that are non-hip-hop covers of a hip-hop song are all dogshit.

Facts. The only good metal covers of non-metal songs that I can think of are Muse's cover of "House of the Rising Sun" and Apocalyptica's cover of "Hall of the Mountain King".

Ralph Crammed In posted:

There are not many songs that I will actively shut the radio off for when they come on, but the Counting Crows cover of Big Yellow Taxi will do it. The radio station my morning alarm is set to plays it sometimes and it's a bad way to start the day.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhh :gonk: gently caress you for making me remember this abomination. The original song is awful enough -- it's actually impressive that someone managed to make an even worse version.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

CzarChasm posted:

Puddle of Mud's "REEEEEEEOW" cover of About a Girl. Maybe the worst real song I've heard ever. Say what you will about Kurt Kobain, but the dude wasn't doing a lot of complicated vocal stuff. This rear end in a top hat is straining like he's holding in a poo poo the entire time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTh9qiXEy4Q

1) I literally laughed out loud for this entire video

2) How the hell did the band retain complete composure? This looks like a comedy skit

3) I heard the "I do pick a number too" lyric as "I do take a number two" because of this post

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I forgot to add this obscenely bad cover of "Totalimmortal" by The Offspring. As much as love The Offspring, I can't forgive them for this. They took the heart & soul out of the original, especially the vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImjWyhc9nwo

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Blue On Blue posted:

All these singers have such distinct styles they really should stay in their musical lanes and never drift

Even someone like Michael Jackson I’m sure would sound ridiculous if they tried doing something totally off the wall for what they’re able to do everyday

Oh man, now I wish I could hear Michael Jackson cover something completely out of his wheelhouse -- "Man in the Box", "Welcome to Paradise", "Neva Eva"...