Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I got red mage as my water job, but already had blue mage from wind. Does that red mage open up any new options I didn't have with blue already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Confuse makes sense, yeah. Having access to elemental spells should make a few World 1 fights brainless/easier too even if it falls off fast

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ended up with blue/red/beastmaster/dragoon. blue + beast seems like an easy win though having no "press this button to do big damage" job will probably make this more tedious than my black mage or summoner runs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
a friend of mine is doing his first run and just got his final jobs, it seems like a bit of a rough lot:

any advice for him in terms of skills, items to grab, etc? he told me that he feels like he has no real Tech and is worried that's going to catch up to him once just killing things with Knight damage falls off

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
guess who just learned !dualcast doesnt work with blue magic the hard way

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Any recommendations for what to grab in World 3 with Blue/Red/Beastmaster/Dragoon? I got Mighty Guard already, but it feels like the only means I have of doing damage is Air Knife Aeroga and I feel like that isn't going to cut it in the Rift (currently does ~1,800 at level 25).

Also level up spots would be appreciated. Don't really care about AP though.

e: Also also: I remember seeing a google doc with a list of a bunch of pixel remaster mods, does anyone have that?

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 20, 2023

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kyrosiris posted:

My preferred level up spot is in the Ronka-tileset area of the Void - specifically, the room right before you go into Phantom Village. There's a nearby healing pot and the mobs have useful drops (Elixirs and Phoenix Downs), and the XP is pretty decent.

In terms of damage, the best you can bring to bear against NED is slapping !Catch on everyone and throwing four Dragon Aevises at him, assuming that still works on PR. Each one is 25% max HP damage, so you're shearing 9999 off of every part with each one.

Aevises makes sense for sure, thanks.

Another question, my friend is having issues with the world 2 Exdeath fight with his knight/zerker/geo/dancer party. I really don't know what to tell him since most of the things I'd have thought of are only helpful in hindsight (ie. farm reflect rings). Any ideas?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
There's very few spells that are impossible to get, but some can definitely be very tedious.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Itd be cool if rdm's ability to use swords meant anything. I honestly forget they and blue mage have them.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Try to get a GBA rom with the patch that adds the SNES soundtrack, it's better imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is that game any good