Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmfao competitive heist game, I'm sure THIS one will take off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Babe Magnet posted:

this is ubisoft as poo poo

*feels villeneuve moans erotically*

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

finally, a game about badass 20 somethings fighting ipods, an idea yet to be explored by any medium ever

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
stop making games about capitalism please the big companies are doing it now, it is a dead concept

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Helldivers????

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

gently caress yeah helldivers rules

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait, this isn't Starship Troopers?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

honestly, the game looks fun from what i've seen, but it feels like it's impossible to actually hit the right tone of parody for starship troopers in a post-iraq war world

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

idk about making Helldivers a TPS, i feel like that just brings on unflattering comparisons to EDF

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Helldivers is a riff on starship troopers but it's also got other kinds of robots and aliens

The 7th Guest posted:

idk about making Helldivers a TPS, i feel like that just brings on unflattering comparisons to EDF

yeah I would prefer if it was top-down twin-stick like the last one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No no, she clearly said do NOT engage. You're not following orders, buddy, this isn't how the military works! Also you're unshaven, that's a uniform violation! :mad:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ehhhh

i think i'll just buy witchfire to fill my magic-based FPS quota

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

whether it's fun or not, I've already pre-judged this game because they claimed it was super fast in the press release and it clearly isn't. and also because it involves a thing called the Everwar which is a stupid name

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
0/3!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
sounds like a bunch of hooey

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

whether it's fun or not, I've already pre-judged this game because they claimed it was super fast in the press release and it clearly isn't. and also because it involves a thing called the Everwar which is a stupid name

it also has what i am going to derisively call marvel vibes, and i categorically refuse to engage with that aesthetic

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

oh hey, nice to see ghostrunner getting a sequel. pretty fun first game and it looks like they're getting a big ol' budget for this one

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this looks tight

we got nioh at home lookin rear end game. I'll play it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wall-running! Somebody tell the Prince of Persia guys!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Plagiarism, the game. But it looks like at least they are cribbing good stuff.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I was hesitant, but man, that wuxia rear end combat looked so cool.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

this looks tight

we got nioh at home lookin rear end game

looks incredibly solid, but it's also giving me strong black myth wukong vibes where i cannot believe for a second the actual gameplay will be anything like this

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i would be into this trailer more if there was more color

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Vermain posted:

looks incredibly solid, but it's also giving me strong black myth wukong vibes where i cannot believe for a second the actual gameplay will be anything like this

yeah this how I feel too but better put

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
you know my homie over there is going to have a parry button and possibly a dodge button and you have to use one or the other depending on the attack type your enemy is doing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rick posted:

Plagiarism, the game. But it looks like at least they are cribbing good stuff.

Yeah, the combat looked fun, hopefully it would be in practice too.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Impermanent posted:

you know my homie over there is going to have a parry button and possibly a dodge button and you have to use one or the other depending on the attack type your enemy is doing

now this is innovation....

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, the combat looked fun, hopefully it would be in practice too.

If that's engine stuff hell yeah.

Was that David Hayter?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
every new game is an anime, how did it come to this

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

talos 2?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
yeah! Talos 2!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

drat I'm good

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

sick rear end visuals

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

finally, revenge on bird crew

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The birds are gonna be okay, right? :ohdear:

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

I still can't believe Talos Principle is from the same people that made the Serious Sam series.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Slightly worried they never showed any puzzle mechanics, are they changing the genre?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:negative:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
no, no!!! not the birds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet